Template Errors: thread_view

1. strpos(): Empty needle in /domains/forum.driftworks.com/http/forum/library/Lgpl/utf8.php, line 444:
    443: 	</div>
    444: </div>';
    445: $__compilerVar11 .= $__compilerVar14;

AE86, Spares & Repair

Thread in 'Drift cars for sale' started by Jono395, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Jono395

Jono395 Member

Hi, here is my AE86, which i bought not long ago, and on my travels, it got written off :(

would make a brilliant track car...

the chassis leg is pretty kinked (how i bought it), but could be straightened... The insurance wrote it off, as its "old" .. and not worth repair..(load of rubbish) .. but the insurance decided to give it a Catagory B... So cannot see the road again.. :((unless you do some things ;) :)

((((( For the record, yes, i bought this not long ago, and somebody lost control on the motorway, when taking it home. so its not my fault ))))))

Here is the spec list on the AE86;

Spec:
    Full interior present
    4age 16v 7 rib block
    HKS cams (makes power at 5k rpm )
    Adjustable cam pullys
    Uprated fuel pump
    Apexi power intake filter
    Boxer Field fueling computer
    Walbro fuel pump
    Tomei A/F guage with sensor
    Front adjustable strut brace
    Rear cusco strut brace
    Standard exhuast manifold including cat
    Custom underaxle exhuast with hks back box
    Front coilovers with TRD adjustable dampers
    Tien camber plates
    Rear TRD green adjustable dampers
    Rear TRD blue springs
    Unknown LSD ( locks up well )
    Nardi wheel
    Zenki lip on bumper
    Fibreglass tailgate with plexi window
    Fibre Front fenders (can fix these)
    Replaced steering rack with new outer tie rods
    AW11 dizzy
    Ultra HT leads
    GT apex headlight switch lol
    Limited ed. Recaro seat

.. Since this, it has had a front end accident, and drivers rear has been hit...
    The front end wasnt that bad, as the rad is still in 1 peice!! ..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

£££ im open to offers, . Id want like .. 1800 or so...?? its only panel damage since i bought it, the leg is the same as when it had a smack before.

and it just needs a pair of lights, bonnet, and the bodywork sorted.. would make a good track car :) (i have thse bits to finish it again... may throw them in )

just testing for interest really, else ill get a spare shell, and swap it all over :)

id prefer to sell as a whole..... like i said, i have all the panels, to put it back to how it was,

#1 Jono395, Feb 16, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
  2. Drift Dango

Drift Dango Active Member

Hmm so what parts would u have then ?
    where are you in the uk ?

3. Jono395

Jono395 Member

if i sell as a whole, ill have nothing!! .. il sell the whole car. depending on intrest.

located south devon ..

cheers

4. Damien

Damien ~London Folk~

£1800 for a cat B car?!!! Well I'll give you a realistic offer of £800. Thats 6 times over scrap value.

5. DoriDave

DoriDave ~~Sore-Arse~~

FFS, I missed out on this first time round now it's fucked :(

6. Damien

Damien ~London Folk~

The chassis was banana shaped to begin with.

7. DoriDave

DoriDave ~~Sore-Arse~~

And now it's a right melon :D

8. Netwar

Netwar Member

Ouch, someone hit that up badly, given cat B and that it needs sorting for damage from not one but two big accidents my offer is £500. Which is still more than scrap value, and will cover hassle and the jigwork needed to get it straight before can even think about repairs or cat status.

9. Damien

Damien ~London Folk~

Cat B mate... cant be put back on the road, deemed by professional assessors that it is fit for parts only Not unless you plan on ILLEGALLY RINGING THE CAR. (which the seller would of agreed to, they cant write it off without his or her permission as they are within their rights to appeal it and have it independently assessed, sadly that time has now passed and the car has been marked).

Cat B Write Offs Being Sold as Runners | Motoring News | Honest John

Leading vehicle information expert HPI, is warning used car buyers about the potential number of Category B insurance write-offs being dangerously repaired and returned to UK roads for sale rising. These are vehicles that have been recommended by the Association of British Insurers (ABI) to be crushed or broken down for spare parts or scrap. HPI urges consumers to protect themselves against the threat of buying a potential death trap.

Category B:
    The body shell of a vehicle in this category should have been crushed and should never reappear on the roads. They can however be broken for spare parts and residual scrap.

10. Jono395

Jono395 Member

Ha... Looks like ill end up stripping it.. engine and box are worth 500 with hks cams.. or ill sell it to somebody who knows what its worth in bits.. I would take offers.... But to you lot... This isn't for sale anymore.. I've decided!!

And damien shutup... you sell a pair of wings and bonnet for 1500 you punk.. your the Worst for ripoff cars n parts...

11. Jono395

Jono395 Member

Also I stated in ad that its for track or for u to strip... As I don't have time... But hey its DW... So let's all be cunts?? Ha bunch of tools..

12. - Fezcock -

- Fezcock - Guest

Lol its always the same :wack:

A) People on here know a thing or two :nod:
    B) Dont have a hissy fit because people have rumbled your game

Spelling correction and grammar is free of charge :thumbs:

Tbh are you allowed Cat B on track? :confused: If its not roadworthy I can hardly see how its raceworthy unless its banger racing

[​IMG]

#12 - Fezcock -, Feb 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2011
  13. Damien

Damien ~London Folk~

...make your mind up on what story you want to tell. And SURELY you saying and I quote "do some things" isn't insinuating pulling some illegal shiz?!!! To be fair mate a few people I know went to see this before you bought it and were offered it for £1800 then and still decided it werent worth it as it was already a bent car.

I aint here to slate your thread but I think it needs to be crystal that this car cannot LEGALLY be returned to the road. However the shell would be useful in pieces to a lot of people restoring their cars so yeah, to be parted out it has a value. I hope your insurance pay out covers your losses either way.

My offer was a genuine one, not a pisstake. People sell working 86's that can be put back on the road legitimatly for that money so don't go crying and throwing your toys out ya pram when people make you an offer £1000 less than what you paid after you smashed it up and let the insurance company write it off.

After reading your first post fully at the spec list I can't even be bothered with it. After a crash like that (the second one in fact) who knows what state the engine, box, suspension, diff is in. Offer retracted.

I bid you goodnight sir.

14. dai-ric-jay

dai-ric-jay Active Member

wow things happen so fast on here. this was up for sale not that long ago and now its for sale again :rolleyes:
    anyway if you are breaking the car i take the rear coil springs

15. RandomGuy

RandomGuy Harroooooooooo!

16. Jono395

Jono395 Member

Spelling mistakes as on iPhone crap... And I didn't say you would put a bent car on the road.. i was implying that u sell stuff overpriced anyway... Correct, the car cannot see the road again.. but I've been to trackdays, where damaged cars are trailerd in. Ok you won't be able to use it in the bigger comps..... I only posted this up.. just incase somebody had a shell on its own sat on the drive..

17. cues999

cues999 Active Member

After Reading above comments,
    My offer...£1001???

18. Jono395

Jono395 Member

Not for sale

19. cues999

cues999 Active Member

let me know if you change your mind, as i would still be interested in buying.

20. Jono395

Jono395 Member

Provisionally sold for 1600 on a enthusiast forum rather than cock forum