Attn: All BDC Drivers - What are your thoughts??

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by Mint Tyres, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Mint Tyres

Mint Tyres Member

Mint Tyre Solutions Deal for the 2011 Maxxis British Drift Championship.

Posting this up as a tester at the moment to see if it’s a viable option due to the structure of the BDC rounds for 2011. Please read through and give me your feedback.

The introduction of three classes Semi Pro’s, Pro’s and Super Pro’s and the fact that the rounds are now two day events (except Norfolk Arena and Trax) means there is a lot more involved in providing a tyre service while keeping the same or better standard of service.

The aim for Mint Tyre Solutions is to make sure the costs are covered, not to make huge profits.

If you pay a set fee at the beginning of the season this will enable you to have unlimited tyre changing at every round.
    Tyre disposal, fuel and the purchase of either new tyres or part worn tyres are an additional cost.

With this is mind costs have been taken into account for two machines and four staff at every round to cater for the 32 drivers in each class, transport and accommodation for all the staff and equipment.

In order to make it work all of you or a large majority would have to be in agreement to the deal and pre-pay as you would for the season entry fees either in full or pre-round.
    (Pre round costs will be higher.)

The Cost: (Pre-season)
    Semi Pro‘s and Pro‘s - £100 per driver for the season. (5 rounds)
    Super Pro’s - £110 per driver for the season. (Extra £10 for Trax Rnd 6)

The Cost: (Pre-round)
    Rounds 1, 3, 4, and 5 - £25 per driver
    Round 2 £35
    Trax - £15 per driver (super pro only)

Pay As You Go: If this deal is not for you then you can still use the changing facilities as normal at £5 per tyre change.

Hopefully this deal will appeal to all of you who wish to compete in the 2011 Maxxis British Drift Championship.

Cheers, Steve @ Mint Tyre Solutions

2. FlikstRR

FlikstRR 330D powered

as i said at Mallory.. Im all over this. Great Idea :thumbs:

£100 per season = £20 per round = 2 sets per event.

thats about right for an average car and some use alot more! especially now with 2 day events (and the addtional third norfolk day..) its easy to see how you either break even or in fact save money over season.

Plus less hassle of bringing cash while rushing about etc.

Great Idea. Im in.

3. chunk

chunk Raging Alcoholic

I know i'm not driving this year, but as i said to you when you came up with the idea, thats a superb package (Giggady)

4. Polo

Polo Sr20 parts man!

I can see the advantages of this for lots! I'm a tad unsure on this for my self ATM as last year some rounds I had no tyres changed, but saying that some rounds I spent over £60 for changes and disposal.

5. xxxadzxxx

xxxadzxxx Member

This will be my first year in bdc, so I have no idea what to expect on costs per event.

Knowing @ £100 I can get tyres change all season is a brilliant idea.

Will really help on budgeting for the year

6. EvojeepGal

EvojeepGal Active Member

Is definately a step in the right direction as I've previously pointed out.
    I think up front is definately a good idea regardless as then on tight finances during the year u don't have to worry about it.
    I know I was restricted a few times last year financially which restricted my usage but it'd definately be peace of mind on the pocket, just hope u can deal with the extra demand lol!

7. turbomalv

turbomalv Member

yes! this seems like a very good idea and i would be well up for this saves trying to struggle finding moneys on the day to sort tires and is defo a gd step forward.

gd thinking steve and mint tyres crew

8. jrc

jrc Team Sannsi

£100 pre-season,im up for it :thumbs:

#8 jrc, Feb 28, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2011
  9. Sam H

Sam H Troll Dispatch

Agree. Like flapstrr says, £20 quid per round = 2 pairs changed anyway. So this would be the same price, but with no fannying around with cash etc.

I'm in.

10. superclarkey

superclarkey DORITECH MOTORSPORT

Personally I think thats way too cheap, I was spending £40-60 a round on tyres changes, even if it was just capped I personally would have been happy, but £20 a round.. anyone that moans at this need shooting.

:thumbs:

11. grant#1

grant#1 Active Member

i think doing this some will take the piss and make more work for you guys
    but seems a good deal

12. lordf

lordf Member

very cheap, much less than ive seen at any track day or event

13. Suprash

Suprash spl dori mater

Great idea, but Im not sure this is right for me personally at the moment Steve. Im planning on buying new rubber for this year, that should see me through 2 rounds, maybe 3....I just cant justify £100 pre-season for this, sorry, but I still support it as a cracking offer mate ;)

14. mitsi_matt

mitsi_matt dorihomo

sounds perfect to me!

15. diamondsink

diamondsink Kyouto Drift

Sounds good for those who would make use of it, as long as the pay as you go service is still available.

16. EvojeepGal

EvojeepGal Active Member

This kind of offer has been in Ireland from as far back as I can remember, although I think it may be added in on license fee I'm not sure but regardless of where I've drifted in Ireland, be it Prodrift, D-rift or trackdays, tyre changing has always been free and never was taken the piss of either ;)

17. bigknob

bigknob Member

I am up for that - :-) Oh if you need part worns let me know i get a shit load each tuesday - but running out of space to keep em :)

18. Scoobystu

Scoobystu tag-less

sums it up !:dw:

19. jamie k

jamie k -NightWalkers-

I'm well up for this!

20. Smilybrad

Smilybrad Active Member

Bloody amazing price there steve and co! I'm all over that!

Only worry is do you think 2 machines and 4 people is going to be enough though if every driver is going to want tyres changing alot more then they could of afforded previously? I know youy guys work seriously quick though!

Would deffinately save a lot of hasstle if I knew I could turn up and get tyres swapped there and then.

Brad =)