HSD TT Coilovers, Whats your opinion??

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by Scamper, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Scamper

Scamper Member

As above i bought a set of these back just around xmas 09 so about 14-15 months ago, now my car has been off the road for the bones of a year, and i have done less that 2000 miles since they were fitted, and today working on the car i found that the front drivers side one is fucked, shock has leaked oil all over the shop.
    Now i know the HR's are suppsosed to be very good, but what experiences have other people had with the TT's???

Also before it is suggested, the 1500-2000 miles i would have done on the coilovers, would have been normal everyday driving, not track driving or abuse.

Did i get a dud set or was it something more

Cheers
    Scamper

2. martinb

martinb Member

this is the EXACT same problem one of my guys has had with his set..

im glad you are not alone..

Drfitworks dont stock any parts but there was mention of suppling new seals

3. initial_j

initial_j Made guy

odd.

tbh ive not heard of a single set failing so far. i dont think its a common problem at all. but with everything, youll always get the odd one that breaks.

id say there still 100 times more reliable than any other coilover ive used.

4. Scamper

Scamper Member

Ya i bought them off here in december 09, have the receipt there. Ya i was just curious was it just my bad luck or what!

5. superclarkey

superclarkey DORITECH MOTORSPORT

My CS2's were used for 3 rounds of comp then parked up for 18months and they are still perfect, so Its not the sitting still thats caused it.

Its more likely you've hit a bump and its damaged the shock, but they are so good at taking bumps you may have dismissed it as not too harsh of a bump, but it damaged the shock.

Either way, Driftworks don't always look at the forums in the day, so best to contact them directly about this, as people on the forum can't help you really.

:)

6. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle In Safe Hands

As clarkey said:
    HSD/Driftworks customer service is second to none (it's part of what makes the whole HSD proposition so much better than anybody else in Europe)

Just call them and if it's genuinely a manufacturing fault, they will sort it for you i'm sure.

7. Scamper

Scamper Member

Aw lads im not giving dont get me wrong, i just wanted to see was it the TT coilovers in general were weak or was it just my bad luck.

@driftworks staff - if someone could get onto me about it, i would greatly appreciate it!

8. Scamper

Scamper Member

Just spoke with someone and im going to check the seals and go from there.