1jz turbo

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by bobbysil, Mar 11, 2011.

1. bobbysil

bobbysil Member

hey all, just a quick question, the seals are on the way out on my standard turbo and just wanted a bit of advice on whether to do the seals or get a bigger turbo and manifold setup, im not going to be running big power has to be useable as it is a road/track car.

sound in advance.

2. Swampy442

Swampy442 Active Member

By turbo, I take it its a VVTI? Guy I know had his hybridised by CR turbos for about 500quid, ideal if you want to up the boost but not go wild.

3. Pure Performance UK

Pure Performance UK Active Member

For about £2,500 you can be knocking on the door of 400bhp with single turbo and manifold etc setup.

4. Gregd125

Gregd125 Member

@ Op ---- Bobbie??? Carpo has standard ones there for about €200, but you might as well go bigger. :D
    More info on that please.

5. Swampy442

Swampy442 Active Member

What info do you need dude?

6. bobbysil

bobbysil Member

sorry should have siad its vvti, im looking into a hks turbo and manifold setup alright, ecu and boost controller then any idea what else they need to run nice, injectors, fuel pump fpr etc??????

ive been told the standard stuff turbo etc is good for big enough power but who do you listen to like??

7. Greg

Greg Member

The standard vvti turbo will support nearly 400;)

8. Gregd125

Gregd125 Member

Any website for CR Turbos? What power does the car make now, and any dyno sheets? Cheers. :)
    Really? At what boost, and how? I haven't a clue when it comes to turbos, but I do know my turbo maxed out at 1.0 bar before tailing off to .7 after 5500rpm, and the car made 326bhp. How do I get the turbo to boost higher than a bar?