Advice with S13

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by Lofty, Aug 3, 2004.

1. Lofty

Lofty Member

Ok, I picked up an S13 on the weekend, which has been used before to drift. (S14 diff, running around 230bhp, springs etc) Thing is I've had an S13 a fair few years ago (which was running nearly standard power) and though that you could get the arse out alot easier during general driving. I know this is probably alot to do with my technique of just wellying it in a bend but don't really want to mess with some of the drift techniques I've read about on the road.
    I've got a trackday coming up on next Monday and seen as the brakes are being done has anyone got any suggestions to what else I could add to make it a bit easier to drift on the track? :confused:

2. SidewaysRob

SidewaysRob Member

hmm,

I sounds ideal if it's been used before. I think you should practice driving it and do what you think is best to enhance the car.

Though that said, bucket seats and harnesses are a good thing to get.

3. _/_/_/M aurice

I think that undoing or getting a more loose front sway bar makes the ass come out real nice, but if you are not careful, it bites back real hard. I like the feel of using bald tires and the good ol' handbrake.

I wish I had 230bhp... 135whp is not very easy to slide for long periods of time...

4. Lofty

Lofty Member

Well after a bit of rain today, I decided to take it out and now I retract my other post! It was rather scary! Please god, let it rain on Monday! :nod:

5. Larry

Larry New Member

I know its a little easier to get it out in the wet, but i reckon its easier to control in the dry? I'd prefer dry road drifting any day :D