Project MR2 MK2 turbo t-bar for sale.

Thread in 'Drift cars for sale' started by trev, Apr 19, 2011.

1. trev

trev Member

For sale is my project MR2 that I can't be bothered to finish really.

When I bought the car it had a knackered gearbox, which I have replaced and a dented bonnet vent cover which I have also replaced. Mechanically she just needs a steering rack I believe as the current one has play and thus causes the cars steering to be rather vague. It also needs an air filter as the old HKS mushroom one which was on it was ruined. Other than that, the engine is very good. It was stood over the winter and it struck up first turn on the key after 4 months.

Inside Is a little tatty. The drivers seat has a tear in the bolster and the steering wheel is very worn. The T-bar roof however does not leak.

Outside condition of the car is also needs some TLC. The bonnet and head light covers were painted black by the previous owner for some strange reason and the front bumper has some holes in it where the number plate was drilled into it. Also by the previous owner. I did order a replacement bonnet, headlight covers, rear spoiler and rear window surround, out of which only the surround arrive intact. The bonnet was ruined in transit and the rest simply never turned up. After this I kinda lost faith in the project.

Mods.

Some generic fake split wheels.
    aftermarket exhaust
    some sort of electronic boost controller
    Un-used pillar pod.

no tax, but test till June

£800 anyone?

Located in Lincoln

More pics to come

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. valentino

valentino Member

Why do you have to be so far away! damn you!

3. steve spedd

steve spedd Member

any more info on the engine, millage etc? smoke on start up? feel free to PM me

4. trev

trev Member

it's got 147k on the clock. sounds alot but it doesn't smoke at all and from the handful of times i've driven it, the engine pulls hard with ease. Doesn't over heat.

Forgot to mention the car had new brake pads all round and the tyres have loads of life left.

The boost controller I mentioned before is a HKS EVC. it also has a boost gauge.

5. RSTsteve

RSTsteve Member

Looks like a HKS turbo exhaust system FYI

6. trev

trev Member

damn i'm forgetful....

also has a 'sx racing' tubular manifold and downpipe!