Stolen drift cars please read

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by ascaudio, Jun 13, 2011.

1. ascaudio

ascaudio Member

Guy s I work for a firm that makes a new style tracker. They are used on bikes so small , water proof and have in built aerials so very inconspicuous I can have a word with the powers that be to stop things like this happening again if you d like .

So pleased you got the Scooby back !

2. driftstarr

driftstarr Guest

how much is one of your kits could you pm me a price?

3. rgfinn

rgfinn skid skid spin

please find out and post the info and price on here.

4. reeperR32

reeperR32 Drift-Street-Imports

i can see this getting locked for trading!!

5. cefiro_drifta

cefiro_drifta Mad pointing Munky

lol i just ordered a smartnav with tracker on it. :thumbs: gps, speed camera and tracker all in one. and an awesome call center to call when im to lazy to type in the postcode

6. Dex

Dex kut!

i've got 400g of semtex under the drivers seat with a pressure switch to a normal switch, dont switch it off within 45sec of sitting down, ASSRAPE

7. FlikstRR

FlikstRR 330D powered

8. cefiro_drifta

there is another system in SA where they have thick metal blades that swing out and smash your shins. Cant drive when you got no legs son

9. RandomGuy

RandomGuy Harroooooooooo!

This should be a must for anyone who's put a substantial amount of money into their pride and joys!! Good call buddy!!!

10. magicmat

magicmat Active Member

lol, South african methods are crazy,

just put a goose inside yoru car, no fucker will dare go in !

info on the tracker would be good tho :)

11. m.d.

m.d. Active Member

If they are not silly money then I'd be interested.

12. RandomGuy

RandomGuy Harroooooooooo!

Silly money?? You'd put a price on the safety of your car? Have a word dude! With a tracker you're guaranteed a return if stolen and that to me is worth every penny! The money people spent on fuel etc looking for it alone was a fortune so by getting one would save you're mates money too. ;)

13. PhilMorrison

PhilMorrison Driftworks Owner
    Staff Member

you are not guaranteed a return at all. Yes trackers can help, but there are so many ways to block the signal now, not least just finding the unit and chucking it out the window which in a stripped out drift car would take a matter of minutes to do..
    Don't get me wrong, they are a good idea, and I have the best tracker available in my V10M3, but it's far from a sure thing that you will get it back.

14. cefiro_drifta

chatting to a mate who is hooking me up and he said one of there vans got stolen and with in 15 mins it was on its way to the police station with assholes in hand

they worth there weight in gold considering you put 5-10-15k in to your car and the trackers are what about 200 to buy then 100 a year on subs.

They wont even have time to strip it tbh

15. cefiro_drifta

true but also depends on the tracker system. Like the ones where a signal is given out and the cops have to drive around and find it. Takes time. Some are totally gps and exact co-ordiates are sent to a call center who call the cops and give them an address.

Mate oif mine said his work van got stolen. It was in police hands with in 20 mins of reporting it thanks to his tracker ( gps call center one ) Its the same system i have on the supra and i just bought another one for my 180. Also has SOS button incase you get carjacked and your phone is left in the car you hit it and it send a de-stress signal to the call center who contact the driver via the sat nav unit and then to confirm and then call the cops. Its so awesome lol

16. Bladerider

Bladerider Ajudged scoundrel !!

Trackers are a great idea.

All my cars of value have had them for the last 12 years.

They are a lot more than £200 though !! lol

The system I wanted was called Dantrack, which was a realtime system you could monitor yourself and was user controllable, so if one of my guys had the van I could turn it on to check they werent in Cornwall surfing when they said they were on holiday to paint their house, for example.

All of them are still completely fucked by underground carparks and lead lined containers, which is what all serious car theives use to buy themselves the time to remove or disable the tracking kit.

J.

17. DoriDave

DoriDave ~~Sore-Arse~~

Had a similar sytem on my Harley, lent it to chunk when he could ride, knew exactly where he was and what speed he wasn't doing ;)

It was a unit made by RoadAngel, george got it sorted out for me.

18. Bladerider

Bladerider Ajudged scoundrel !!

Cool,

I didnt know they did "single applications" at the time the company that did the system operated all the gubbins and stuff and you logged onto their server, but they only did it for companies with 5+ vehicles, which was 2 more than I needed really at the time.

J.

19. SX_BIG

SX_BIG Active Member

i need something like this tbh.

i have had 3 attempts on my cars at getting car jacked.

none in the navan so far. luckily got away al 3 times.

its the 500+ price tags that i cant afford. interested thogh!

20. initial_j

initial_j Made guy

or just start with the basics. like locking your cars/keeping them somewhere safe.

one car has been stolen. from a show

there isnt an epidemic going on.

as phil said any kind of car thief would be straight onto looking for said tracker to rip out