Cheap delivery US>UK needed.

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by mint, Jun 28, 2011.

1. mint

mint touch my fruit

Hey guys I need some help to try get some over fenders sent from the US to the UK.

Quotes from the company are something like, $1300 air freight (which plus $350 for product is way too much) or $355 sea freight (which is ok) but iv been told will take 30 days to sail here to the UK? I need them here before Awsumfest.

The product sizes are : 54x33x24 27lbs

Fedex just quoted me $1900 for economy air freight, wondered if anyone knew of a cheaper company?

2. jason2800

jason2800 Confused E36

SBS worldwide shipping deliver our pallets to the place i work, and i dont think it's mega expensive, but dont quote me, as its chemical guys stuff we bring in, so dimensions are bigger than the overfenders.

maybe call them and ask?

3. Papercutout

Papercutout Active Member

You'd even contemplate paying (potentially) $900 or so to ship $300 fenders over?

Can I have some money too plz? Or just buy me a ticket to awesumfest if I find you a cheaper price??

4. mint

mint touch my fruit

Sometimes when the only options is from America there isnt much you can do but expect to pay high prices to get what you want, there isnt another company out there making these products to date, there is something similar in Japan but the price is more than double from there!

I dont mind spending my cash on parts I want or have waited / saved up for kinda thing, but i dont want to be paying anything like $1000+ on just delivery alone, thats insane!

5. -sideslide-

-sideslide- "ent it"

Its cheaper to get the seller to sort shipping i don't know why but its cheaper that way.

6. mint

mint touch my fruit

Is it? :/ damm. Ok mate.

I think looking at this im gonna just have to hurry up and finish my own ones in time :/

#6 mint, Jun 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2011
  7. Papercutout

Papercutout Active Member

I know it's different size wise, but when I got the big box of stuff from Proper+ (26 gear knobs, a t-shirt and lots of stickers) they got the shipping for about $160. I'd have thought someone out there should be able to sort it for $500 or so - have you got any contacts/friends in the states?

8. TiddlesRX7

TiddlesRX7 Member

$1000? It'd be cheaper to fly out and pick them up so you can bring them back as hand luggage.

9. -sideslide-

-sideslide- "ent it"

The two times I have imported from the states. boost controller was £85 to ship the seller had a shop around $60

same with wheels and metal bender :)