Car for around a grand??

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by Polo, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Polo

Polo Sr20 parts man!

Iv come to a dead end with my search for a new daily! Transit I'm driving is boring! Can't stop think BMW 7series but what else can I get for the money?

Has to be rwd, cool, pref manual, reliable and pref not stupid on fuel but I'm open to suggestions! Links etc would be cool!

Thinking along the lines of 5 or 7 series bmw's, old schools stuff, merc, Nissan, toyota! Jdm or german really.

2. brennon

brennon Active Member

not easiest to find for a grand but still possible....... M535 :D

3. kieran_e1

kieran_e1 In need of practice

there is a 2jz aristo for sale in newtonards for 500 quid

4. Polo

Polo Sr20 parts man!

link???

5. reeperR32

reeperR32 Drift-Street-Imports

E36 touring done nicley

e30 mtec

6. kieran_e1

kieran_e1 In need of practice

7. cefiro_drifta

cefiro_drifta Mad pointing Munky

e36 323i touring.. full M spec from factory with bbs whee.s tax and test til end of the year and only a lil over a grand :D

8. dale_b

dale_b #DriftFactory

Me & a few mates were going to buy this for 'project le smash smash' (Streeto practice car/wall runner:D) but we decided against it on the grounds that it's auto...it's serviced by NASA but its 1J so should be ok, and it'll break for more than it costs to buy. I phoned and offered £500, he said he had someone interested at £700, might be worth a look/call though....

Lexus : Toyota Soarer twin turbo auto 2.5l 1JZ

#8 dale_b, Aug 4, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
  9. MJG

MJG Active Member

You won't find a 5 or 7 decent on fuel really unless you're only ever on the motorway at 65mph haha.

Have you driven an e36 325i? They're pretty boring as they are sporty-ish, and luxury-ish, but neither here nor there. 30mpg all the time though, fast enough, can look as cool as you want, and I think you'll struggle to find one for MORE than a grand haha. Very comfy and super reliable for a daily, and obviously just weld the diff and you can drift any track in the country.

I hate praising e36s as they are pretty soulless but I can't legitimately fault them :smash:

10. sidewaysbuff

sidewaysbuff Member

that aristo isnt a twin turbo or it be in my drive, its a single turbo converted ge

11. docwra

docwra Active Member

I know its sacrilege on this board to suggest such a thing, but you can get a decent 306 GTI-6 for a grand ....... Id sell all of my cars and my houses before I part with mine, its that good :nod:

Astonishing handling, faster than you think and really practical with it. I thought Id never drive FWD again but this thing (and my brothers old 172) changed my mind bigtime. :smash:

12. Bon Bon

Bon Bon It'll be fine

Want space? E39 528i

13. kam

kam I've touched Chris Parry

E36 are sooooooooooo dull.
    E34 325 sport I vote, might have to go a tad over £1k though.

14. bigrichy

bigrichy Team Beard

15. ElTorro

ElTorro Commie bastard

Mine (523 though:o) is soo sweet to drive, so much mechanical grip because they're quite heavy, and six pot is generally cool. Plus, they're bitchin' gangsta and respected on the road (maybe only here).:smokin:

Cons are: they kinda likes to eat fuel, and they're generally advanced electronics wise, so Mr.BMW can rape you lubeless if something important goes wrong.

My opinion is not very accurate because I only owned LADAs before. Still, I really like it.

16. xcore

xcore Member

17. astraboy

astraboy Yer, fookin' Volvoooo!

Omega MV6?
    Done right they are very agreeable.
    [​IMG]
    astraboy.

18. Polo

Polo Sr20 parts man!

Hmmmmmmm e38 has been my choice for some time but that v8 is the reason i sold my 540 :cry:

Im thinking save the extra £££ for what i really want! e39 530d manual! But then again iv had 3 e39s now and not an e38!! Grrrr, then theres the soarer:wack:

19. jamespayne5

jamespayne5 Active Member

The big V8 E38's are very thirsty, and not really quick enough to justify it. I've had both an E38 and an aristo which i used for long commutes with a mix of driving from motorways to B roads. The aristo would win hands down out of those two, the E38 just felt like a boat. If i were you i'd be looking into soarers, thats what i'm considering next, might even be slightly less juicy than the 2jz in the aristo!? and £1k can get you a decent one. Mk1 aristo's go for a bit more, i got mine for £1600 though and it was fair mint tbh. Toyota reliability too, the aristo i had needed nothing in the time i owned it, the bmw suffered with a load of electronic ews immobiliser woes and finally started smoking like a chimney.