1983 Datsun/Nissan Z31 300zx Shortwheel Base Slicktop/Hardtop (Only 1 In the country)

Thread in 'Drift cars for sale' started by MCMLXXXV, Aug 5, 2011.

1. MCMLXXXV

MCMLXXXV Member

For sale here is my very rare 1983 Datsun/Nissan Z31 300zx SWB 2-Seater Slicktop(hardtop)

Selling it due to change of plans.

Its safe to say this car is very very rare, only 1 in the country infact!, it’s the early or earlies Z31, it was badged as a Datsun and Nissan

This beauty was brought to UK from California by its lady owner from US.

Shortwheel-base 2-seater Z31’s were only sold in Japan and the US, everywhere else in the world received the 2+2 models which weren’t as attractive and weighed loads compare to the 2 seaters.

What makes this Z really rare stand out even more is the fact it’s a Slicktop(hardtop), these are pretty rare in the US let alone to find one here in UK. Being a Slicktop has its many advantages, it’s a stiffer shell which makes it perfect for motorsport use, no leaky targa top to worry about and no wind noise!

Basic Details:

- VG30E 3.0 Litre V6 Naturally Aspirated (runs brilliant)
    - Auto Transmission W/Switchable Overdrive (works perfectly, very nice and tight)
    - 124,000 miles (low mileage for a car this age, and runs awesome, very looked after)
    - Taxed till Jan 2012
    - MOT till July 2012

The car is ready to go!

- Cambelt was already done, it wasn’t due till 130k, but have the receipt that it was done by previous owner
    - Lots of UK and US History, a lot of money spent on this car!
    - Brand new original Nissan exhaust system fitted 3 weeks ago
    - No rust on the shell, small minor bits here and there, but I can confidently say no major rust, sills are solid, arches are mint, its from California so expect the best when it comes to buying a rust free classic

Engine + Transmission:

It’s a non-turbo model to make things nice and simple, transmission and engine are both in very good condition, no leaks etc, car has been very looked after, runs and drives beautifully! Transmission can be converted to manual, it’s a popular and easy conversion for someone who is mechanically minded.

Interior:

All cloth interior in very good condition, brand new carpets which were imported from US, no rips or damage to seats or dash, very nice and comfy place to be.

Cruise control works and functions as it should.

Exterior Bodywork:

- Exterior is a little let down, could do with a few touch ups, I will sort out as many as I can before handing it over the new owner

- There is no major rust or corrosion to deal with so that’s a good thing. But paint wise it can do with a lil attention here and there, has a couple of minor dings etc, nothing major. Underneath car is very nice and solid too for its age, there is a small area of the sideview mirror cover is broken, you can see it the 2nd pic, bit of fiberglass will sort it ;)

- Chrome trim however is very shiny and like new.

- Tail lights and clusters have no cracks or signs of age

- Headlight was converted from a sealed beam to H4 I believe, so maintence is easier, changing bulbs etc

Bad Bits:

Its an old car, so expect it lol

- The heater blower doesn’t work, but the heater itself works fine, I can feel the heat emit from the vents, just no blow, I have a spare control unit the car can come with for free.
    - There is no stereo… expect a quiet drive back or if you’re with someone then enjoy the chat

Apart from that and the bodywork issue I mentioned, there is nothing else up with the car, mechanically sound and drives lovely, its taxed and MOT’d for a long period, its ready to go and to be enjoyed, would love to see it as a motorsport project, that’s the intention I bought it for but changed my mind cause I’m about to get really busy with the house and I already own another Z31 which needs my attention.

Just added note, I have replaced the front and rear numberplate to the original US size plate in legal UK fonts, and have removed the sticky crap where the rear plates were fitted to.

Please bare in mind the car isnt perfect, its 28 years old, but for what it is, is in an amazing condition and very rare.

PRICE: £1200
    Located in Leicester

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    photo by mcmlxxxv_ssr, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    3_tailgate by mcmlxxxv_ssr, on Flickr

#1 MCMLXXXV, Aug 5, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2011
  2. chunk

chunk Raging Alcoholic

I dislike you!!

3. ash1987

ash1987 Active Member

Chunk sell me the 32 4 door an buy this :)

4. MCMLXXXV

MCMLXXXV Member

haha! lol :D

5. MCMLXXXV

MCMLXXXV Member

6. MCMLXXXV

MCMLXXXV Member

7. NORFY

NORFY Active Member

Not trying to piss on your fire but there's another one near on exactly the same on ashford except it's black

Cool car tho glwts

8. MCMLXXXV

MCMLXXXV Member

Probably a 2+2

No need to piss on my fire without evidence.

If the one in ashford you mentioned is a 2-seater shortwheel base let alone a slicktop like mine then I'd genuinley like to know about it :)

Get pics of it if you can

9. NORFY

NORFY Active Member

I'll keep my eyes open, I've seen it twice in the past month. They look really good on the road

10. MCMLXXXV

MCMLXXXV Member

bump! will PX or swap for something interesting

11. samcharville

samcharville Guest

Fukin hell norfy!! Every post you make is always negative about something someone else owns ! Sort it out leave people alone.

12. Gazelle

Gazelle Well-Known Member

13. bodgeabit

bodgeabit Member

might be selling a turbo engine ! rare car

14. MCMLXXXV

MCMLXXXV Member

I can bang a turbo on it, its piss easy, but I'm too busy to take on another project which is more or less to what I already did with my other Z

15. MCMLXXXV

MCMLXXXV Member

bump! on ebay classifieds, feel free to drop me an offer, PX's and possible swaps etc

what you got?

16. Gogzy

Gogzy Active Member

i like this.

17. MCMLXXXV

MCMLXXXV Member

18. MCMLXXXV

MCMLXXXV Member

bump! offers? px's? etc etc? something oldskool or 4x4?

19. MCMLXXXV

MCMLXXXV Member

Need this shifting! wife is on the case cause its not being used lol

20. MCMLXXXV

MCMLXXXV Member

in UK only two Z31's has the potential to looks awesome like this, I own both of em!, but this one has to go!

reminder this is a 2-seater shortwheel base slicktop and NOT a 2+2 common model is UK

2-seater shortwheel base Z31's were only sold in Japan and US, hence this is from California

I even have the 200ZR front spoiler that can come with the car, the spoiler is same the one pictured below on the blue Z

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#20 MCMLXXXV, Sep 21, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2011