Fj20 s13

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by Diskovod, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Diskovod

Diskovod Member

Hello!
    I might get a decent S13 body with rollcage and etc, but completely without any running gear. (Though I have 2 CA18DE N/A, both mint, but auto)
    I have 2 variants: 2JZ-GE/W58 or FJ20/???.

I wonder if somebody had any experience with FJ20 in drifting and etc.
    What gearbox does it mate? As for parts, I have a contact with a shop in Japan which is into FJ20 much, so they have all the parts.

I think it's kinda better that it might be more durable than a rocker monster SR20.
    p.s. As for 2JZ-GE - no turbos, no lag, no probs. I think it has enough torque to begin drifting. It would be a some kind of underpowered S13, but I'd like it to be this way. A bit of AE86 style.

Thanks!

p.s. btw, SR20DET also costs here more than 2JZ-GTE...

2. Diskovod

Diskovod Member

3. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

Turbo FJ20s are amazing and used in all the 80s Nissan race cars, but they are very very rare in the UK so I doubt anyone knows much about them.

Despite it being N/A and not mega power, with the huge weight of the 2JZ at the front I dont think itd feel anything like an 86!

4. jamespayne5

jamespayne5 Active Member

As above, FJ20's not really well known here in the UK. Try on some Australian forums, they're very popular there still despite being an old engine now.

5. Adam

Adam Active Member

PM S13eater on here and on SXOC he's currently having his 700hp est FJ mapped, he's using a RB25 box if i remember correctly.

Oh and it's in his S12 :wack:

6. INSANE NISSAN

INSANE NISSAN New Member

Try fj20.com, there's lots of info but layout sucks and don't expect replys.

As for gearbox, the rb25 gearbox is a perfect fit, the 2 top holes need to be slotted about 5mm.
    I can pm you some pics, from my own car, if you want.