1989 FC3S Vert Turbo II

Thread in 'Drift cars for sale' started by ali303, Sep 29, 2011.

1. ali303

ali303 Member

Hi all, for sale is my 1989 FC3S Turbo II Vert.

I absolutely love this car but I don't get to drive it enough to justify the running costs. I've driven it a fair bit over the last few weeks due to the weather being pretty good and nothing beats scraping along the road with the roof down soaking up the sun.

Spec:

72k miles
    Taxed until end of May 2012
    MOT'd until June 2012

Kei Office coilovers
    Weds Farmas wheels (17x8, 17x9)
    DTSS (rear steer) eliminators (these are very hard to get hold of and absolute pain to fit, I had them custom made for me)
    Exedy six-puck clutch, lightened flywheel and Mazda counterweight
    Welded diff
    Nardi Deep Corn 350mm
    Turbosmart boost gauge (water and oil temp gauges aren't wired up)
    S13 front lip (not currently fitted)
    25mm bolt-on spacers at the front, 8mm slip-ons at the back

Some pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

DTSS eliminators:

[​IMG]

Latest pics: (18/03/2012)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I really don't want to see this car go, when the sun's out and the roof's down it really is awesome, but at the moment it's just a posing car. It drifts really nicely and easily but it's not really an ideal first drift car (it's my first RWD car) as it's just too nice to smash up! In an ideal world I'd be able to keep it, clean it up and make it the ultimate lifestyler car but I do actually want to go drifting in anger at some point!

Mechanically speaking, the car is excellent. The engine starts first time, every time and has never let me down. It pulls brilliantly through the gears and is definitely no slouch. The clutch is also excellent, with the gearbox though second is occasionally a little crunchy when you're flooring it and changing gear but 99% of the time it's fine. The underside of the car is a little worse for wear as you would expect being this low but everything's still in one piece!

On the outside, it's a little tatty in places, the factory standard roof rips are present and the front wings could definitely use some TLC, but other than that it definitely seems structurally sound.

Price-wise, I'm going to put £2300 as I've spent an awful lot of time and money sourcing a number of the parts as FC parts aren't exactly the easiest to find. I am open to offers AND swaps, depending on what it is (ideal swap car would be an SR powered S13, an S14 or maybe an E36 325/328, cash my/your way depending on the car of course).

Feel free to send me a PM but please don't be offended if I seem really reluctant to sell the car...I'm not ashamed to say that, despite it making little sense to me practicality-wise, I adore it.

#1 ali303, Sep 29, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  2. Garrett_T25

Garrett_T25 Member

If youre interested mate, Im going to be selling my MK1 MR2 soon. I had planned to buy an FD (and ultimately still intend to), but its definitely a cheap option to have fun; its a proper B road car. If youve never driven/owned one before, theyre 4AG powered (like AE86s) and are fantastic cars to drive.

3. ali303

ali303 Member

Hey man, as much as I'd love a Mk1 MR2 it wouldn't be the most the most sensible of cars right now and I could do with something a bit bigger and more modern (like an S body). Thanks for the offer though :)

4. Mr Greggles

Mr Greggles Member

I'm looking for something a bit different... this'd be ideal!

My S14 will be back up for sale / swap in a couple of weeks with 12 months' MOT and 6 months' tax.

I still have an ad on here for it.

Comes with a welder, loads of spare rims and tyres, lowering springs, fmic, induction nonsense, probably a new front bumper if the scrapes are an issue. Has an exhaust you could live in and a decat.

Where abouts is your car?

5. Garrett_T25

Garrett_T25 Member

No worries buddy, all the best with finding what you're looking for.

6. ali303

ali303 Member

Sounds good dude, found your for sale thread but have you got any more pics?

And the car is in Manchester.

7. Mr Greggles

Mr Greggles Member

Bonjour! I'll take more pics at the weekend. Was gonna take them a few weeks back, but then decided going on holiday would be best :D

Is there any chance you could do a compression test or something? I don't really want to get half way home and find my wankel has rotaried itself into oblivion!

8. cindral

cindral Member

Bump for awesome car! When I owned it a Chav outside tesco thought it was a Ferrari!!! Mint!

9. ali303

ali303 Member

Haha yeah I suppose that's more important!

Haha I probably could to be honest dude, not sure when or where I'd get it done round here though. I'll have a look though.

Haha thanks Ross! Reminds when some kids were like "WOW a Porsche!"

10. Mr Greggles

Mr Greggles Member

Cheers man, that would be good if you could find somewhere that can do one.

I'll get photos this weekend. Preferably after I've cleaned it :D

Any chance of a pic with it sat on its' current wheels?

11. ali303

ali303 Member

I'll try and get some this weekend for you :thumbs:

I've actually managed to source the standard suspension so depending on what happens and who's potentially interested I could always take the coilovers off, stick the OEM gear on and sell it as a basically standard car?

12. Starks

Starks Member

How much were you looking for it?

13. ali303

ali303 Member

If I take the coilovers off, stick the OEM suspension on and leave the welded diff and boost gauge...£1500 is probably fair but I'm open to offers and/or a swap with another car :)

14. Starks

Starks Member

I just saw that you was interested in the s13 that was all also... i do like this lol

15. milez

milez Active Member

Got a r33 2.5 Na if your interested at all?

16. ali303

ali303 Member

Yep I really really like that car, seriously tempted...I'd have it in an instant but the sensible side of me says I should get rid of this first! If you want to do some sort of swap then I'm sure we can arrange something :)

As much as I want one I wouldn't be able to get insured on one I'm afraid :/ Thanks for the offer though!

17. milez

milez Active Member

The 2.5 Na aren't that bad really. But fair enough glwts :)

18. ali303

ali303 Member

As soon as I say the word Skyline they just say no! :(

19. FreddieS

FreddieS Active Member

Swap for my soarer with cash ontop for coilovers?

20. ali303

ali303 Member

Damn that looks good...let me have a think dude! Bit of a gay question...but what's it like on fuel? Seeing as that's one the main reasons why I've fallen out of love with this car...