iPhone 4S then not iPhone 5...

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by superclarkey, Oct 4, 2011.

1. superclarkey

superclarkey DORITECH MOTORSPORT

Anyone that has been watching the news will have seen the iPhone 4S was just released, camera at 8 mega pixel is fairly retarded f/2.8 :-)

“For the iPhone 4s, we set our sights on competing not with other phones, but with point and shoot cameras. … So we’ve added an 8 megapixel sensor that shoots 3264×2448. … we’ve also added backside illumination with a sensor that gathers 72 percent more light… on top of that we’ve placed a hybrid IR filter for better color accuracy … and we have a 5 element lens that offers 30 percent more sharpness, f/2.4 aperture.”

Anyone going to get one?

Also iSO 5 is available from next week I believe :-)

Discuss :-)

#1 superclarkey, Oct 4, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  2. chopaholic

chopaholic Well-Known Member

Apple are a shower of bastards.

3. mazdachris

In a word, no. Shame no iPhone 5 after all the hype. I like the look of the new Mango Windows phones. Might get one of them when I upgrade in December.

Can't see this doing apple's share prices any good.

4. jamespayne5

jamespayne5 Active Member

Nope
    Iphones have been a let down since the 2g imo. The 2g was groundbreaking at the time it was released, I was that excited I even bought one from the states almost 2 months before it could be unlocked here. Since then I don't think they make the grade over other phones around. I still use one but I won't be upgrading, sick to death of it doing weird shit with a mind of its own.

5. r3k1355

r3k1355 Well-Known Member

I can't understand the thinking behind it, they've upgraded all the internals to make them faster than anything else on the market. Then didn't bother to design a new case to display it all in.

Any news on screen size yet, surely they can't be keeping the 3.5" screen of old??

Edit: yes they can :wack:

#5 r3k1355, Oct 4, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  6. cory

cory Member

Ill probably get one tbh. I was gutted when my 3g gave up but I knew a new one was due so didn't upgrade to the 4g

7. Phil G

Phil G Active Member

ive been looking into this and it seems pretty shit. it looks the same but all the insides are all new and better apparently. im gonna get one but you can be guaranteed a i phone 5 will be launched in april/ may time.

would have been nice to have a whole new looking phone

8. 20sideways

20sideways spl dori master

Its a long way behind the fastest phones on the market, htc have a 1.5ghz dual core phone launching here next week, i'm pretty sure androids had better specs than the 4s this time last year!!

9. mushtafa

mushtafa Member

Why would anyone want an iPhone? I really don't get it? I've always looked at them at renewel time, but then always get a differnt phone because its better.
    I almost went for the iPhone 4, then compared it with the HTC desire HD. The HTC is miles better and cheaper

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk

10. Doz_SR20

Doz_SR20 Member

Samsung GT1080i for the win. It has jewel quest 2, which i'm on level 5!

11. superclarkey

superclarkey DORITECH MOTORSPORT

Well I got an iPhone year and a half ago, be it a 3GS 16GB, I had it free on a 2 year contract, it was £45 a month with a £5 loyaty discount, so free phone, 1200 mins with free 200mins bolt on (so 1400mins) unlimited text and unlimited data (yeah before they had the cap on usage)

So for £40 all in a month you can't really beat that!

Today I decide to get an iPhone 4, my sister wanted a contract so took a new contract in my name and gave her the contract with iPhone 3GS (gave her it free) and she is paying £20 of the contact and I pay £10 for 18 months, so iPhone 4 cost me £180... When my actually contact ends in 3 months I will sell the iPhone 4 to get my £180 back and get me a iPhone 4s...

Or I will go onto simplicity and just keep the iPhone 4...

:-)

12. Chan Dapman

Chan Dapman Active Member

So it's still single core? That is an interesting move.

13. DevilsTower

DevilsTower full of lulz.

14. J_K_P

J_K_P Active Member

How do you know they're shit if you've never had one???

:euge:

15. 20sideways

20sideways spl dori master

I have had an iphone, now i have a desire hd, my gf has the current iphone 4!And they are shit :smash:

16. al.

al. actually dom joly

I've got a 4, it's great. Never had any problems with it, works great, and loads of apps available for it...I personally wouldn't bother with any other phone...neither would apple apparently. I can see why some people don't like them though

17. bryanscott

bryanscott Member

I have a 3gs 32gb at the moment and to be totally honest I think it does everything I need it to and more.

I got mine a Feb 2010 because I was due an upgrade, only downsides were paying for the phone andthe 2 year contract but since I needed to buy a new MP3 player as my Cowon iAudio had broken at the same time and I had been with O2 since I was 18 it didn't make a massive difference.

The main reason I got it were the fact that its an MP3 player that is also a phone.

Half the numpties that were saying they were shite etc all had iPods(mostly the touch) and they loved them which I could not understand.

I was intending on getting a 5 when I'm due an upgrade but the 4S will do fine. Altough I will keep the 3GS because there is fuck all wrong with it as far as I can see.

18. initial_j

initial_j Made guy

i dont get what all the moaning is about?

i have recently got an iphone 4. it makes calls, it takes good pictures, i can get on driftworks and facebook using it, i can send pictures, make video calls, have a little map to find out where i am, listen to music and i can play angry birds.

not once have i thought or said, "this phone is shit because it doenst do..."

in fact i cant think of what else you could really want a phone to do?

19. Liam.

Liam. Active Member

Vodafone like sending me them so i wont say no :wave:

20. r3k1355

r3k1355 Well-Known Member

Flash, hahahaha :p