Kinzuru Auto Salons S13 Pick up.

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by livin4skidin, Oct 12, 2011.

1. livin4skidin

livin4skidin Member

Ok so as this project goes on people keep telling me to put a project thread up so here goes, i have never put a build thread up before so be patient.
    I know this has been done before btw before we all jump on the seen it before bandwagon. This will be used as the new Drift-inc school car for the rest of this year and next year. |I am trying to get it finished to take to Donny for the ODC finals but we will see how it goes.
    For the time being it will be left with the CA in it but future plans include putting an RB25 in it.
    As well as the rear pick up conversion it will have a front end conversion to but im not sure to what yet but time will tell, i guess if im honest it will depend what i can get for the right money.
    So i dont have any pics of the car as a whole but im sure you know what it would have looked like.
    [​IMG]
    So out came the Grinder!!!
    [​IMG]
    Sides welded on and the rear of the bed panelled smoothed filled and done, decided to use round tube instead of angle for a slightly smoother look.
    [​IMG]

2. livin4skidin

livin4skidin Member

So next job was to get the cage in, after removing all the sound deadening from the floors i painted the foot wells white to keep them looking clean and tidy, the centre tunnel is being flocked to match the flocked dash, and the handbrake has been moved to the passenger side to make space for the hydro to go in.
    [​IMG]
    And of course the dash had to go in before the cage so Gordon@Gtec flocked that for me and in it went (thats gonna be fun to keep clean while i finish everything else.
    [​IMG]

So the next job on the list was getting the electric rear window panel in, so i extended the frame work for the rear bed for the panel to sit on.
    [​IMG]
    Its an electric window unit from a uk delsol civic, because of the cage the actual window had had to be thrown away as it was far too wide, so i have had to make a smaller one made, but was surprisingly cheap to have done, i nthe mean time i have a wooden template of it to use while im doing all the fab work.
    [​IMG]
    Seems to fit ok. next job is filling in all the holes and getting it all cut and snug around the cage, should be fun.

3. livin4skidin

livin4skidin Member

[​IMG]
    Not going to bad really, all seems to be coming together, thats one side of the outside done.
    [​IMG]
    And thats the whole thiong in place, i know its not amazingly tidy around the cage but it will all be fine in the end.
    [​IMG]
    Thats what the inside looks like with the panels all fitted and tacked into place.
    [​IMG]
    Just a close up as im happy with how it has worked out, gives me a shelf to put mu churchill nodding head dog on....

4. jonofd3

jonofd3 Active Member

Fair play matey you have been rocking on with this...... 10 days from stock to this is a realy good effort!!

Jono

5. RRACINGTHAI

RRACINGTHAI Member

awesome project! hope to see when is done ;)

6. kyky

kyky Member

nice work man not having a go but wont the RB25 going in the front make it way to front heavy? just asking as i still find myself learning different things by the day in drifting and was just wondering about this. but anyway best of luck with it dude

7. tooley

tooley ドリフトキング

Awesome gav! making some good progress! will come check it out the weekend :D

8. Zell

Zell Member

Nice work :)

Why haven't you made weld-in cage ? Since the unibody structure has been weakened by chopping the C pillars you should make up for it somehow. Bolt-in cages don't offer much more rigidity, they're just for protection.

9. MrNick

MrNick I love Ibiza!

well done nice project

10. Chunky Nugget

Chunky Nugget honkeytits!!

I like the window,very cool idea!:thumbs:

Look forward to seeing the out come.

11. kam

kam I've touched Chris Parry

Sweet. Nice fab thuur!

12. SimonB

SimonB Member

My favorite :).. if I would have an S13 would be best to have an S13 pick-up.. and you specially with the del sol window will
    make a superb one.

13. livin4skidin

livin4skidin Member

Thats a fair question, for the moment it will be keeping the CA in it, the RB idea is kind of just that at the moment, i am basing the idea of the RB on experiencing swiftminis to be honest knowing the car and driver i dont think it really effects it too much altough obviously it is a loy heavier, we will see what happens.
    So no more picyures from today but having started the long and boring filling and sanding part of the build the rear is all done, well nearly, just the back side of the arches left to do and then on to the inside.

14. livin4skidin

livin4skidin Member

Very simple really Zell, i only picked up a welder for the first time two weeks ago so have just put in a bolt in cage as its alot quicker and easier, you are right about the rigidity of course but time is also a factor, so a bought bolt in cage was my only option really.

15. gibbo s14

gibbo s14 the yarco

looks cool mate like the window idea, are you going to be runing stock aero or kit on this

16. Scooby J

Scooby J Member

Well thats a pretty sick build!

17. livin4skidin

livin4skidin Member

I think it will a kit of some sort on it. depends what font end conversion it ends up having.

S

18. kyky

kyky Member

fair enough dude will be keeping an eye on this build thread :D

19. livin4skidin

livin4skidin Member

So the progress as been a little slow over the last two days as the long and frankly not that exciting part of filling and sanding has begun on the rear panel, not being overly experienced with filler i find myself putting too much on and taking most of it off again, but it will get there in the end.
    [​IMG]
    Apart from all the sanding i have managed to source a few more parts which are all on there way, A set of D2 coilovers and front and rear arms, an alloy rad and a fmic kit, all i need now is a new battery and to make a desicion on wheels and we will be getting there. As the deadline is getting closer and closer.
    Forgot to mention that i had my rear window back from fraser Glaze and it fits perfectly, works very well and stays in the rubber seals all the way up and down again. Result

#19 livin4skidin, Oct 16, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2011
  20. alperin-s14

alperin-s14 Member

Loving the project mate!