My Heavily Modded Honda Ruckus/Zoomer *Battle Scooter* ...You know the one...

Thread in 'Misc for sale' started by Damien, Dec 3, 2011.

1. Damien

Damien ~London Folk~

Throwing this up for sale as I've not used it in 3 months (working abroad).

Taxed, tested, starts first press of the button... this little bad boy cannot be faulted! Less than a fiver to fill up and get back 100 - 125 miles depending on your weight!

Stock form (how it was):
    Originally a completely unmodified Honda Zoomer 50cc restricted to 27.5mph. Comes with original literature and spare keys.

Current form (how it is now): the bike sits very low, it comes with various weights for the variator so you can have a bike that has a higher top end or faster acceleration. I currently have it weighted for top speed (but various polini weights are included and is a 15 min job to change them) and on a good day you will get 50mph... otherwise if you have got a load (bags etc) it'll do 45mph. Bearing in mind it is a 49cc 4stroke thats good and in london... well its faster than all the other traffic. You could squeeze a bit more by fitting a heavier clutch spring (about £12 delivered) or change the piggy back ecu for another which removes the rev limiter but I really like it as it is. You get a nice pop on the overun and with all the baffles removed and the cone filter it sounds more like a KTM now!

Parts removed:
    A shit load of boring plastic parts covering everything
    Seat frame
    Exhaust
    Airbox
    Original engine frame mounts
    Indicator mounts and rear light metalwork cut off and smoothed.

Parts now fitted:
    Total Ruckus frame extension, super high quality Billet parts with new polybushes.
    Battle Scooter chrome tank cage
    Battle scooter super low seat frame
    KTM front foot pegs
    Oxford Cyclops led rear light
    Polini Variator
    Polini weights
    Polini Exhaust manifold
    Polini piggy back ecu with de-restrictor
    Polini 'cut down & de baffled' Aluminum exhaust
    K&N cone filter
    Aluminium rad cover and dress up parts

Parts included to be fitted:
    Battle scooter chrome dropped handle bar mount (for fitting renthal flat bars)
    Total Ruckus aluminium blue tint mirrors
    Oxford mini indicators (full set)
    Side stand

The pictures are from the summer and some of the mods were made after that. However it does give a clear idea of what it looks like. It looks high in the pictures as its on the centre stand... as you can see above I have a side stand to be included and that nasty centre p.o.s can be binned too! (back wheel is totally off the ground in the pix)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It is a 2007 (57) registration, bike is in North London. Can be ridden away, all paperwork, documentation, etc are with it. Pretty sure it's got about 4000 miles on the clock

Price is £2000. You can indeed buy a new one for a few hundred quid more, however this is as new with a shit load of money spent on it to get it to go and look as they all should.
    The polini kit has to be ordered from italy, the frame extension parts were ordered from the states and the chrome tank cage and lowered seat frame were sourced through my local main dealer from the states.
    There are no doubt other extras that I have failed to remember which would be a bonus to the new buyer.

There are 2 negative points to this bike:
    1) the number plate size is totally illegal so use it at your own risk. A full size one will no longer fit due to the fact the bike is too low and snaps them in half. I have some sheet ally and was intending to make a black and polished aluminium one (in one line).
    2)there is a small hairline crack in the plastic box on the front that randomly appeared one day (a replacement from honda main dealer is a mear £29+vat) however its so minimal it never bothered me.

Otherwise this bike is totally awesome, they have a great following, 110% honda reliability, super economical, by far the coolest city commute ever and gets tons of attention :thumbs:

2. hirohazaka

hirohazaka Member

and you can carry a big luggage in front ;)

3. Damien

Damien ~London Folk~

Ha ha :wack: ...just to explain I met Henri when he was in London once and he had a huge suitcase (full of car parts and wine) big enough to fit a child into and I took the suitcase back to my place on the bike, he thought I couldn't do it.

4. Liam.

Liam. Active Member

unreal amounts of want! If i thought for one moment i wouldnt die on this i would have it!

5. Damien

Damien ~London Folk~

You'd be hard pushed to die from an accident on this. You're 100 times more likely to die from streeto! :wack:

6. Retro_Boy_G

Retro_Boy_G Member

I hunted and hunted for one of these last year and couldn't find any decent ones.. Gutted this hadn't been up though a bit out of my price range unfortunately. :(

7. Damien

Damien ~London Folk~

Well standard ones sell in the region of £1500, personally I think I have underpriced it. When I am back home and finished it off I'd probably add another £500 to the price.

8. Damien

Damien ~London Folk~

bump, back in England in soon to finish the work and up the price :wack:

9. Damien

Damien ~London Folk~

Any interest? :thumbs:

10. Damien

Damien ~London Folk~

...back in England, after sitting for 3 months it started first flick of the key!!! (I hadn't even disconnected the battery!)

11. Retro_Boy_G

Retro_Boy_G Member

Did this ever go dude?

12. Damien

Damien ~London Folk~

Still in London in my mates garage... a lot of time wasters man. This'll be ripe to sell in the summer though.
    ...either way if you're interested then it is there mate, waiting for a new owner ;)

13. Retro_Boy_G

Retro_Boy_G Member

Awesome man, I'm seriously considering putting my car up for sale very soon so if that shifts then I would certainly be interested.

I don't know if I'm being blind but I couldn't see a price anymore for it?

Regards
    Gianni

14. Retro_Boy_G

Retro_Boy_G Member

oh, I see it now! haha.. Silly me!

15. Damien

Damien ~London Folk~

Computer crashed and double posted. Cool well... let me know, it's there, it's awesome, and if it don't sell while I'm here it will once I'm back! :wack:

#15 Damien, Apr 12, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2012