British Nurburgring....

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by MilesT, Dec 6, 2011.

1. MilesT

MilesT Member

2. initial_j

initial_j Made guy

umm yeah. i might as well start an epetition for them to build that big slide through london like on the advert

3. Ollie

Ollie LOOSE!

I'd actually vote for that one jack.

Cant wait to see this debated in the commons, only needs a minuscule 99,488 votes to even be considered.

4. MilesT

MilesT Member

i agree theres virtually no chance of it happening... and even if it did, it wouldnt compare to the true Nurburgring.

5. Joe-sef

Joe-sef -Broseph-

to be fair, although this is fully daft, 100,000 people is not that many. think of all the car forum owners etc. you could probably get it raised. but i guess they have a sanity check before it is actually "discussed"

6. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

7. wst

wst Member

Can't see it happening somehow, unless Millbrook wants to start letting average Joe on their alps circuit...

8. initial_j

initial_j Made guy

discussion:

"theres an e petition here to have a track built"

"ha ha ha ha, yeah because weve got loads of money to do that right now. denied"

"next"

"ooh heres one for a giant waterslide"

"how much more of this shit do we have to put up with prime minister, can we please get back to sorting out real problems"

9. J4CK

J4CK Member

could just make wales in to a track.....

10. scouse

scouse Active Member

Even if it did get built it would probably have speed bumps on it :D

11. RyanH

RyanH Lacks skills

Cuts, cuts and more cuts... oh wait, whats that? we need a race track? build it now!! :D

12. Marcar

Marcar Well Spoken Man
    Staff Member

It's a beautiful idea but hilariously unrealistic.

A famous saying regarding, "receving a blow job" and "from the pope" spring to mind.

13. T.K

T.K kudo fruiting

This is definitely the stupidest thing I have seen this month.

14. TAM7

TAM7 Member

I can see both sides to this, it would be epic if built right and in the right place, it would cost a crap load.but the tourism created will generate good money, because its all about bringing money in from other countries, britain doesn't really have much for attractions apart from london,

Thing is, they would have to make it an amazing track, as they need the people coming to decide coming here instead of the real ring,

15. LTM

LTM Member

jesus.

whilst this hasn't got a chance in hell of hapening and will likely cause a small laugh in the house of commons, I would love to see how this would be covered on peoples insurance LMAO. I mean, can you imagine it? It's impossible to get cover at the actual ring (i'm talking cover for 3rd party losses before anyone starts shouting about specific trackday insurance).
    Furthermore, without any of the cost comitment of doing a full road trip to europe, making sure your car is fit for purpose etc and being more than aware of the potential risks, any x-box hero driving a generic corsa would be able drive the 'englandring' having payed a small toll.

just fucking lol. :wack:

16. JohnJ

JohnJ Active Member

Did you know that the Nurburgring was built as a public works contract to get people working when Germany was in deeper shit than the UK is now?

Except that here they'd probably build it and then close it with noise legislation!

17. LTM

LTM Member

True. You would have a hard enough job convincing people that a new purpose built racing circuit is a good idea.

and yes I did know that, but also a large factor would have been the safety aspect of racing on public roads, hence the closed loop.
    Whilst having the ability for people to ‘let off steam’ in their cars in a safe environment (safe for the public) may seem like it would help reduce people going at it on public roads, it is a pipe dream and one that would likely result in a shit load of injuries/ deaths. can't see anyone, let alone the government wanting to be involved in that :)

18. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

This was created 2 months ago, has been spread around forums and facebook etc since then, and still only has less than 600 signatures. So even the UK car people, including some of the stupidest dreamers on the planet, dont think its even worth signing. Says it all really.

Even that is 1/10 the size of the Ring, and 10 times as dangerous

19. Jites

Jites Active Member

You guys just havnt been to the west coast of Scotland ;)

20. Tony N

Tony N Member

Isn't the Isle of Man the British Nurburgring?