new to drifting

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by bun, Dec 21, 2011.

1. bun

bun New Member

hi DW

im lookin into gettin my first proper drift car and im thinking along the lines of the icon that is the AE86 corolla as i thik they look wicked and they are an icon. i know i wont be gettin much change from 6/7 grand for a good one as i have been lookin but i just some opinions on what people think and any areas to look out for on them to help me out when it comes to buyin one in a few months

cheers Ben

2. .:pingu

.:pingu Member

first drif car an ae86! love it, you do realise that your probably guna have a fair few dings as a newbie? i know i have lol

3. MATT BOON

MATT BOON Active Member

Buy my corolla. And you can have change from £6000 :)

Welcome to DW

4. bun

bun New Member

dings dont really worry me as i wont be goin to mad to start with, with gettin a corolla and that sounds good caus i well wamt one and i think i saw yurs in the for sale bit

5. silvertop

silvertop der drifte schlag

personally id go for an old shitter 1st, something you dont have to wory about bumping a few times or in the case of my s13 spectacularly writing it off. im no pro, but one thing ive learned so far on my drifting journey is go in hard. if your driving a 6k motor and dont know what your doing, your gona hold back alot more. old volvos ftw!!

6. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

Does that mean 'im not really going to drift' as drifting full stop, even at places with very little to hit like the pod, you will be marking that car if you're drifting at all, trust me.

7. bmxwill13

bmxwill13 Member

dont smash it up, because then there will be less of them, therefore they will become more expensive, meaning the chance of me ever owning one will be significantly less.

thanks

8. topi

topi KlutchKickKidz

Awesome.

9. Ramplin

Ramplin Member

if you want a corolla then Matt Boon is the one to buy. It has every you want in a corolla to drift and is a good price!! welcome to DW

10. -sideslide-

-sideslide- "ent it"

Stick with a s13 or s14 cheap parts, cheaps shells what more could you want.

11. bun

bun New Member

ive read what everyone has said and to be honest im not goin to listen as ive been lookin at ae86's for about a year now and im now coming into a postion where i can buy one. i understand that ill mark it even with out goin to mad but the only other rwd car ive owned was a 1972 1300 beetle so ill have to get used to it but then hopefully after a bit ill be givin it so nice sideways as long as my wallet can manage the tyres lol

12. bananaman

bananaman New Member

tyres will be the least of your worries trust me lol

13. bun

bun New Member

i know but as i say you only live once so why not enjoy what ya got when ya got it and worry another day

14. Ballbag

Ballbag Member

Okay....
    .....good work!

15. Ross.

Ross. Active Member

lolthread

I wouldn't spend £6/7000 on a 26 year old 1.6 N/A Toyota. That sort of cash will get you an R34 GT-T, or a slag R32 for 2K and you can then burst its cunt in

16. Sam H

Sam H Troll Dispatch

/notworthy :worthy:

17. lozza

lozza ChickFoot FTW!

If you want a Corolla then go for it, it's probably not the best starter car as people have said but its your money.

They're pretty sturdy though so unless you plough into a wall, then you wont have too much to worry about.
    Just practice in smart places, i.e. santa pod or something.

As for buying one, the main thing to look out for is rust!! Check everywhere lol other than that, just check the usual. Engine noises, oil level, you'll be able to tell if its been looked after.

18. bun

bun New Member

Cheers lozza that's what I wanted some advice n Santa pod is were I'm gonna go cause then I could also get advice from people who have done it longer

19. lozza

lozza ChickFoot FTW!

It's a good place to learn in my opinion. Bear in mind people dont always find it that easy to drift corolla's ;) i learnt in a 1.7 volvo 340 and a year or so ago we owned a Corolla.... it was so crap it would barely do a donut! lol i'm sure if you're spending 6-7k it'll be good though

20. angrydan

angrydan raaage

my first drift car was a fucking mint 50k import panda levin 86, didnt do me any harm!!!