Northern drift championship teesside autodrome 24/25th march

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by jennifer, Jan 10, 2012.

1. jennifer

jennifer Member

NORTHERN DRIFT CHAMPIONSHIP
    TEESSIDE AUTODROME

This championship has been designed to be an entry level drift competition. If you have done a few practice days and want to compete, but feel you are not yet up to speed to enter The British Drift Championship (BDC), then this could be the place for you.

We are proposing to have 3 separate classes as outlined below.

Novice and Semi pro
    when you qualify you will be either top half of the grid semi pro or bottom half of the grid novice

Pro
    This is the only class where you can twin drift as in other competitions. Therefore all cars must be prepared to the highest of safety standards such as full cage, harness and fire extinguishers. Only BDC Pro license holders or invited Semi-Pro drivers are allowed to enter this class.

All championship rounds shall be held over two days. The first is a practice day with qualifying and the finals all being on the second day. As this is a new championship the rules and regs will be changing and growing with it these will be published as soon as possible
    all will be available on our web site

All rounds are to beheld at Teesside Autodrome on the following dates

March Saturday 24[SUP]th[/SUP]and Sunday 25[SUP]th[/SUP]
    May Sunday 6[SUP]th[/SUP]and Bank Holiday Monday 7[SUP]th[/SUP]
    August Sunday 26[SUP]th[/SUP]and Bank Holiday Monday 27[SUP]th[/SUP]
    November Saturday 3rd and Sunday 4th bonfire final .

The cost will be £120 per round and will include both practice and competition day.

#1 jennifer, Jan 10, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
  2. GB / John

GB / John NDC Runner Up 2012

Cool, I'll be up for this. Be Semi Pro for me then, as car is modded. Makes up for not having ODC rounds here.

3. Jeek™

Jeek™ Active Member

wow im in

4. DANB

DANB Active Member

So if I have got a highly modded car but no skills at all - because of the spec I can't compete in amateur and have to go in semi pro?

5. Adam s

Adam s Member

im in shure all the other slide motorsport lads will be aswell, weve all got semi pro bdc licences and caged up cars can we run in pro class?

6. Paul_88

Paul_88 Member

Not goin to be many people in the amateur class then, i don't know anyone with only a welded diff and harness with no other mods :s I'm not good enough for semipro and I'm not paying for parts to put my car back to standard to enter the amateur class so looks like I'm out :(

7. angrydan

angrydan raaage

good stuff guys

8. captain_chaos

captain_chaos Member

Must get more seat time!!!!!

9. captain_chaos

captain_chaos Member

Paul.....I would end up in semi pro cos my car but Im sloppy as f*&k now :(

10. Waveydavey

Waveydavey Member

Hope I can do this. Sounds awesome.

11. Paz

Paz -NIGHTSPIRIT FAMILY- UK Drift Since 2001

Sweet as!

12. jennifer

jennifer Member

We did say 3 'proposed' classes and given the feedback after just 5 minutes the 'boundaries' for these classes could be changed. So don't write yourself out of this too early. We want the amateur class to be as beginner friendly as you can get though.

13. Ricky Emery

Ricky Emery Active Member

Sounds good Mb Automotive drift team might make an appearance at a round :)

14. Paul_88

Paul_88 Member

I'm crap, gb/John will gladly tell you that lol but I can drift abit so amateur class would be ideal for me and a nice push having something to aim for, if you change the modifications rule I'm in for defo

15. MJG

MJG Active Member

As a helper at organising Drift One events, I'd suggest that your regulations will definitely need changing. The amateur class is a joke, that's the main thing.

If you require (for insurance) that twinning needs a roll cage and other safety equipment then you need to clarify how the other classes will be judged.

Modifications can never be a limiting factor, as I could bore out my engine, have cams, ECU, bigger injectors, fit hidden lock mods, a 2 way diff, carbon doors etc and you wouldn't know. The limiting factor needs to purely be the level of the competition.

If you're having a twinning comp for the top level driver then using BDC's licence makes sense, but the other classes need to be broken up in another way. Personally I don't think two lower classes will work, but a bigger "semi-pro" class should be run. Let's face it, if you're too shit to be in the "semi-pro" then chances are you won't even make it round the track. :wack:

Personally I won't be competing as my car doesn't meet the safety standards, I don't have a BDC licence, and I don't want to compete without twinning. But I wish you all the success in your kindof ODC kindof BDC kindof standalone-Essex arena style competition.:D

#15 MJG, Jan 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  16. john ps13

john ps13 Active Member

might be up for a bit of this car should be ready by then

17. jennifer

jennifer Member

MJG - I agree! The Amateur class was originally intended to bring new people into the sport. But after reading the feedback from the last hour it obviously has to change. There has to be 2 classes under the pro class otherwise we are just mirroring the BDC. That is not what we want or intend to do. This should be a stepping stone or a feeder series into the BDC.

The top 16 part of the competition for the lower classes will be run as twinning but with a time gap between the two cars. This should enable both cars to be judged together but far enough apart to keep everyone safe. A spin does not mean a big 0 for the whole run but just that section of track.

18. MJG

MJG Active Member

Ok well I think the ODC is a good feeder for the BDC, since no BDC licence holders can compete. I think you should aim just hold hold a fun "open to all" set of events, rather than try and be a feeder series. Especially since half of the starting line up will be current BDC licence holders anyway.

Also I'm pretty sure if I followed someone 20m behind them, I'd be able to really smash my car into them when they spin. If I was right behind them though, then they'd have already hit me before they could slow down much - so we'd both be at a similar speed. Safer.

Good luck anyway, hope it goes well as I'd hate to lose drifting at Teesside in the future.

19. Munkul

Munkul Active Member

dammit i'd LOVE to have a shot at this, but cant do sundays :( FML

20. Gogzy

Gogzy Active Member

id be up for this, but my skills suck baws. granted my car has hardly any mords, standard engine/brakes etc but fitted with a welder/buckets/hydro thats really about it. guess its semi pro for me