Drifting in the North East

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by CrabsterDrift, Feb 8, 2012.

1. CrabsterDrift

CrabsterDrift Callum Craddy

Right - If I could, I'd delete my other thread on P2 as it has nothing to do with this topic. Unfortunately I can't though so this will have to do. I went to see the guys at TRCC (Strictly a racing club) but they were quite impressed by what they saw from my E10 tonight (Tbh... Nothing special!) and have said drifters are now welcome to come down on a Wednesday Night from 6pm til about 9pm.

Now, there are some costs. Your first 3 nights are free but after that its £20 club membership and £14 BRCA insurance (Basically a PLI for rc car cover... if one flips up and hits you, break things etc etc... Like track day insurance in a way!). Then it's £4 a night whenever you turn up. At the moment - It's only on a Wednesday night that drifting is allowed (open track night) BUT if there was a guaranteed minimum of 10 they could open the track up on another night to dedicate it as a drift night!

I'l be there each wednesday now I can imagine so look out for the only person drifting is all i'l say! (Or wearing drift clothing of some sort). If you're undecided whether to get one - PM me and if you come down I'l give you a shot with my HPI E10 (Good enough power to link the smaller parts to the track) as I'l have a Tamiya TT-01 sorted within the next week or so!

I will mention that this is a carpet track but I don't think that will bother anybody as quite a lot of them are nowadays... It is indoor though so runs no matter what the weather is like outside!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5TgDcijrQQ&hd=1

^^ The track in question!

Let me know on here if you're from the area/would be interested...
    Cal.

www.communigate.co.uk/ne/trcc/

(Teesside Industrial Estate, Thornaby)

[​IMG]

There's 2 empty warehouses. Both with for sale/to let banners on. The TRCC is in the right hand building & the door is on the side of the building.

#1 CrabsterDrift, Feb 8, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
  2. cory

cory Member

U could always drift there on a wed night if you wanted too. It's just a practice night and can run anything. Me and my mate were talking to them last year about it

3. CrabsterDrift

He said they'd never had anybody there asking about it before and hadn't had anybody but they'd allow it? Oh well I guess he can't of remembered.

Do you's still have cars? There's me and a couple of mates may be starting to go down...

4. cory

cory Member

Yeah still race I've been a member there off and on for 15 yrs just struggle to get there ATM had a car accident in November and still can't drive. I've got my tt01 but keeping that standard for racing, an associated tc3 for drifting and a ta04 for drifting too. We used to mess about (not really drifting) when they had it at a different warehouse on skippers lane industrial estate by putting gaffa tape on the rear tires

5. CrabsterDrift

Yea they told me about the skippers lane warehouse (Got talking about previous venues when i mentioned I work at the autodrome).

There's me & one more lad going to be there drifting next week if he gets his car sorted. They've said if we could get about 15 (unfortunate though in the region it seems :() then they'd open the warehouse one night just for us. For now alls fine to have a play down there on Wednesdays though :)

If you know anybody else into it who can get there, get them down & we could maybe get somewhere with it all!

6. cory

cory Member

I know one guy that wants to start, but he hasn't got an on road yet. If even a couple start on a wed night it might get some of the regulars interested in it

7. CrabsterDrift

Yep that's what we're hoping for. Would be cool to have a number of us out there when the racers are taking a break :)

8. drift it

drift it Member

just seen this, count me in. i'll pop down this wednesday with the yoko.

9. CrabsterDrift

Awesome man see you there! Using crystals? That's the advantage - none of them do so there's just us if so :p

10. cory

cory Member

ill try n get down next wed too not sure ill have a drift car with me tho im waiting for a new brushless motor for it, will have the tt01 once i re solder the battery connections on

11. CrabsterDrift

If my new TT01 arrives before next wednesday I'l have the HPI sitting around doing nothing, just there for anybody who's interested in getting started up to have a go of. If so you can have a bash with that. Not much (27t motor still) but the front diff isn't locked up so its something a bit different :) And it'l link the smaller parts of the track alright.

(Offer above goes for anybody wanting a go as said in title)

12. lownslow

lownslow Member

might get down to this, see how my new 9t brushless, lipo system works

13. drift it

drift it Member

using the spectrum dx3 so no crystals for me, so is it still on skippers lane then????

14. CrabsterDrift

Lucky you! Think i'm gonna get some 2.4ghz goodness sometime soon like...

Nope! Its at Teesside Industrial Estate. I'l get a map made up in a bit!

EDIT

[​IMG]

There's 2 empty warehouses. Both with for sale/to let banners on. The TRCC is in the right hand building & the door is on the side of the building.

#14 CrabsterDrift, Feb 10, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
  15. drift it

drift it Member

sweet, yeah know where it is now. will see you guys there wednesday.

16. drift it

drift it Member

what time will you be getting there crabster????

17. CrabsterDrift

Im working til 6pm at the track so should be about half 6 (7 latest) that I'l be there. Got my car working etc so ready to go :)

18. CrabsterDrift

Not sure if I'l be there this week... Got the yokomo due tomorrow but no motor powerful enough for the carpet track! Unless I get hold of a 15t motor, I probably won't be there

EDIT:

Got the yokomo working & have a 14t motor... SHALL BE THERE :)

#18 CrabsterDrift, Feb 19, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  19. Rob-Long

Rob-Long New Member

hows it going, my names Rob and i'm from Ireland but i moved over here last september for uni, i'm living in stockton-on-tees so its only over the road really but i used to run the rc drifting scene in ireland for years but i ended up getting out of it around the start of last year but you can have a look at the comps we used to run on our track at the home of drifting in ireland, WKD Imports, i'm sure some of you have heard of it :) Drifting » Inside an RC Drift Car » By Mazotasan wouldnt mind getting a cheap car again to to have some fun maybe a tt01 or something along those lines

#19 Rob-Long, Feb 26, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  20. cory

cory Member

Well if my tires don't show up in time I've got some 50mm electricians tape to wrap an old set of grip slicks with which should be fine on the carpet