Please sighn this petion to keep death off the roads

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by DRIFT POLICE, Feb 19, 2012.

1. DRIFT POLICE

DRIFT POLICE Member

HI GUYS AND GIRLS
    could you please sighn this petition so the police could have powers to stop medickly unfit drivers and to have their licence with held whilst the police deal with dvla and investigations.a young girl was killed after OAP DRIVER with very very bad eyesight crashed into a tree but the police could not hold his licence then the next day he nearly killed two blokes on a path by hitting the gas instead of the brake and then later hit this poor girl when he shouldnt of been allowed on the road in the first place.so it is a law to hold a medickly unfit drivers licence so the police can sort out the any details with dvla and a gp.thanks
    Cassie's Law - e-petitions

2. akinadan79

akinadan79 Active Member

Agreed!! Back in 2007 my wife, who was pregnant at the time, was driven into side on by an 80 year old woman driver pulling out of a side road, the old dear was near as damn it blind from cateracts and the excuse that she gave to the Police at the scene was 'My husband didn't see her'
    She relied on her husband (who as it turned out was also near as damn it blind) to guide her as she was driving. Both lost their licenses

3. BillyBoy722

BillyBoy722 Member

I totally agree old fuck yards do my head doing 30 in a 60 etc etc!

I've signed it too

Will

4. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

I was nearly wiped out by some old spastic yesterday who pulled out in front of me, in the wrong lane for the way they were going anyhow, on a roundabout.

Far as I can see that 'law' wont change anything until its too late anyhow.

5. Budget Drifter

Budget Drifter Drift Terrorists

Stav is right, shouldn't be reactive..

6. mcxxvi

mcxxvi i take pictures

Tbh, if some some old dint pulled out in front of me, i'm just gonna drive into them. Fucking old people should be no where near cars or roads

7. combattuk

combattuk Member

Iv had a similar thing going down the a303 old fart on the inside lane doing 30 decided he wanted to turn right without signalling did it by a 90 degree across the lanes thank fuck I was only doing 70 but I did go by him sideways and a change of boxers later lol

8. cookwibble

cookwibble Active Member

YEAH! people like that old fart jackie stewart should just fuck off away from cars!

but yeah, at the very least there should be a mandatory eye test for ALL drivers every 3 years or something.

9. combattuk

combattuk Member

They do it when you have you c+e licence once u hit a certain age u have to take a medical should be mandatory with a car licence too

10. Colbskee

Colbskee Member

I can't agree more! We have the same problems here in Canada. Unfortunately I can't sign the petition as I am not a resident of the UK.

Just the other day I literally got run off the road by some old lady driving into oncoming traffic! I think it should be mandatory for everyone to take another driving test once they hit the age of 50 lol

11. el_bandido

el_bandido Member

Old biddies doing 40mph in a 60 do my head in. Signed.

If you aren't confident to do more than 40mph on the road, take the bus.

12. r3k1355

r3k1355 Well-Known Member

Signed.

While I believe there plenty of safe older drivers there is also a shocking number of silly old fools who continue to drive when they are clearly unfit and know it too. The current system of being checked iut and certified by your doctor does not work.

The crazy old lady down my road continues to drive because she finds it hard to walk down the road to the shops, FFS!

13. whiteface

whiteface Member

My absolute record was 3 different cars pulling out in front of me on separate roundabouts in a 20 mile trip; I was already on the roundabout, they didn't bother looking 'cause they're too old to move their neck 45 degrees to the right. Not a big fan of doing 2/3 of the speed limit everywhere too. Mandatory re-test if you get caught doing something fucktarded like the above?

14. mark240z

mark240z New Member

signed !!!! fucking coffin dodging basterd out on a sunday drive every day of the week

15. Ollie

Ollie LOOSE!

Whilst i think its a good idea in principle, to maintain a safe level of driving competence, i cant wait to hear you all bitching about having to take eye tests all the time when you're 70 and simply trying to maintain the lifestyle, freedom and mobility you've been able to enjoy all your life.

Its your body that gets old and tired, not your mind.

Have some fucking respect.

Lots of love, Ollie. Aged 24 and a half.

16. combattuk

combattuk Member

^^ I hear what your saying there but when u put lives at risk for being blind and driving ridiculously slow and pulling out on people it becomes an issue it's just as bad as being pissed up behind a wheel,

I have up most respect for the elderly but that's like saying a a war veteran that served in world war 2 should be aloud to go out to the front line now it dosnt happen because it would put others at risk, the line has to be drawn somewhere

17. Doz_SR20

Doz_SR20 Member

Its a shame, as salt of the earth as some olduns are, they are fucking hazardous on the roads. Problem is alot of them don't like being told they need to stop driving and unfortunatley it usually takes an accident for them to realise that they need to give it up. Similar thing happened with my Grandad, Had a crash, got a new car after the whole family said he shouldn't drive - a couple of weeks later he was told by the doctor he couldn't drive becuase his eyes where too bad. Good job he didn't harm anyone in the whole ordeal...

18. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

Ken Nomura is actually blind- True Fact

19. oli_the_thread

Funny thing is, had she spent more time walking in her old age than driving, she probably wouldnt find it so hard!

20. combattuk

combattuk Member