17 x 8J & 9J BMW BBS split rims, fits all 5-stud BMW, deep dish, ET10 & 19

Thread in 'Parts for sale' started by 20vWill, Aug 17, 2008.

1. LittleMark

LittleMark -NIGHTSPIRIT-

Line the arrows up with the line and get them as straight as possible! its easy enough when youve done it loads!

You having it this low??
    partstosell080908003.

2. 20vWill

20vWill Active Member

Like Mark says, just line the arrow up and slot in evenly.

To remove, wrap the hex in a rag and turn anticlockwise whilst pulling. Or better still, leave them off and sell them, they look far meaner sans caps!

If you do go for different coloured centres, then get the dishes polished at the same time since they look even more awesome with a mirror shine. I also have full stainless steel (no rust, ever!) rebuild kits including all new rim-bolts, washers, nuts and Loctite for a bargaineous £80 (normally over £200 in stainless steel)!

Welcome to the kingdom of BBS ownership!

BTW Mark, your Sport is looking savage.

3. Sea Squirrel

Sea Squirrel Jeff Mills Is Watching!

Nice! Eventually. First off it's seat time, seat time, and more seat time. Not going to do anything to the car at all until I'm being held back by it. Doesn't need to go lower to make it drift at the moment, but if the suspension gives out it's going to be replaced with coilovers.

They do look mean without the caps on, just a bit odd with the obvious dip for the cap, you know? I'll let you know about the rebuild kit once I've decided what to do. Think they'd look mean as hell with polished lips and a black centre.

4. 20vWill

20vWill Active Member

Yeah, black would be sweet on the yellow car, plus then you wouldn't really notice the recess for the caps.

And this is what the bolts make the rims look like. Pimp. And no rust ever!

DCP_4346.

5. Sea Squirrel

Sea Squirrel Jeff Mills Is Watching!

Is it easy to polish up the rims? We've got a lot of sanding equipment at work, some wet and dry paper, polish etc. It's not something I've tried before so might be better getting someone else to do it. The spray work I'm fairly confident I could do myself and make it look good. Would save on the caps, but might touch them up aswell, see how it looks. What do you reckon's the narrowest profile I can run on these without too much risk of over stressing the tyres?

6. Mike@TDSW

Mike@TDSW Active Member

I found them to be a right pita to furb up to the standard of that one Wills Just posted, as mine are atm. Mine however had been shotblasted and powder coated at some point in their life making for a rough surface to start off with. If they are either still polished or painted on top of lightly keyed surface it will be easier.
    If they are mostly smooth and/or shiny then have a go yourself, if they are pitted or rough as under the paint look at getting someone else to polish the rim on a machine and do the rest yourself.
    Thats my opinion anyway after 3 months doing mine lol.

Go to wheel-whores.com for lots of polishing advice

I run 205/40 front and 215/40 rear and that is an easy fit. I could easily drop to 195/40 front 205/40 rear if it was purely for looks and 195/40/17's werent unusual rare and pricey.

#46 Mike@TDSW, Sep 11, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2008