Drift One Buxton weekender June 9th & 10th. Practice, ODC Twin Drift Battles + more!

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by JohnJ, May 21, 2012.

1. JohnJ

JohnJ Active Member

The 4th event this year up here in the Peak District.

This event is at Buxton raceway, about 3 miles from Buxton town at SK17 0RR.

The ODC competition is on Sunday afternoon but more and more people are spending the weekend here, it's a great atmosphere and great fun.

The timetable will be something like this:

Saturday. Drift practice from 12 noon. If there are enough entries we will run a 'just for fun' Team drift event late on (5 ish). We did this the time before last and it went well and I'm keen to repeat it. I'll remind you to have a think about who to team up with in the briefing, last time we had 4 teams of 3 enter. Don't worry if you're coming on your own and want to enter, you'll soon make some friends here. If there are still people wanting to drift we'll stay open til 7.

Practice sessions are tailored to drivers ability. If you are new and want to go out alone that's fine, let us know. If you're with a mate and want to practice twinning then queue up together and let the gate men know. You'll see the regular guys going out in huge trains, I've seen 12 or more, quite something.

Saturday night. Bar open until late. Mayhem and daft games all night. Camping free. There are good clean toilet facilities for a wash in the morning but no showers or hot water.

Sunday. Circuit opens at 12 for practice. Then at 3 we start the third Buxton ODC round of the year. This will be on a different track layout to whatever practice track we've had and is open to everyone as it is also the qualifying for the Twin Drift Battle afterwards. Obviously only ODC competitors will get the ODC points.

The format will be changed a bit to speed things up in order to have a decent practice session afterwards.

There's a burger van on site and a bar open. Anyone thought to be drinking and drifting will be breathylised. (Never had to do it yet!)

£10 to get in for every adult. £10 to put your car on track (per day), and £10 to be a passenger. Kids get in free. Passenger rides available.

These events get better and better, there's a great atmosphere and we're very newcomer friendly, you needn't worry about turning up on your own and not knowing anyone.

Pleas read the timetable above and understand what you are coming to. Also the competition is open to EVERYONE so don't worry about your level of ability, you're welcome to have a go.

PLEASE CAN WE KEEP THE GRASS FOR CAMPERS NOT PARKING!

See you there!

#1 JohnJ, May 21, 2012
    Last edited: May 21, 2012
  2. Joe-sef

Joe-sef -Broseph-

ill be there.

3. JohnJ

JohnJ Active Member

Guys check the business opportunity in the Drifting Chat section!

4. Si-Sideways

Si-Sideways Member

see you there again!

5. Paz

Paz -NIGHTSPIRIT FAMILY- UK Drift Since 2001

Hope the be there this time, fed up of missing em!

6. MJG

MJG Active Member

For the competition on Sunday, as John said it will be open to all drivers on the day but the ODC drivers will be scored afterwards in the order that they come respective to eachother. So if a none-ODC driver comes first, and an ODC driver comes second, their ODC score will be as if they came first. The competition will consist of a sighting lap and a solo qualifying run scored out of 100, with a spin knocking 30 points off your score (rather than being a 0 point run as normal), so if you spin on your solo run you still get judged on the rest of your run. This score then ranks you against the other drivers, and the top 16 WILL go through to twinning until we find a winner! This should shorten the competition but keep as much twinning action as possible.

We are hosting the disclaimer form online so you can print it at home, complete it and bring it with you to the event. If you want to drift on both days then turn up Saturday with your completed disclaimer and £20, you will be given a wristband for each day's drifting which means you don't have to sign on again on Sunday. We'll post the link up here when it's been hosted.

7. JakeBlood

JakeBlood Member

Ill be there, cant wait! :)

8. greenbug22

greenbug22 Member

On this cnt wait. car even has a shiny paintwork now lol

9. Turbo Gav

Turbo Gav Member

I will bloody hire a van if mine are not sold. 100% on this :)

10. lukeyg

lukeyg Active Member

:) can not wait!! entering the comp this time aswell me thinks :)

11. Afmackdaddy

Afmackdaddy Member

I'll attend this. Will be first time at buxton!

12. scottc1088

scottc1088 Member

will 100% be there again, not with the rx7 this time though

13. Adam s

Adam s Member

im in, will be in the skyline should be fixed by then will let matt drive the bm i cant its way to hard to drive

14. wiganer31

wiganer31 Member

cant afford to sort my suspension out but will throw my seats in so im not up against the door all weekend again and hopefully come up and have a laugh,
    btw if anyone knows the lads in the in the 940 and 240 thing ask them if they want to buy some 5 stud 15" volvo skid wheels lol, i spoke to the lad in the 240 last year and he said he might be interested, drop me a pm if your on here or know who it is

cheers

15. MJG

MJG Active Member

Be good to see you back in your old car again Adam! See what you learnt in the coupe ;)

16. rayman-

rayman- Outtatime

ill be along again. lets hope the wheather stays like it is now hey!!
    Cant beat smoke in the hill's.

17. JohnJ

JohnJ Active Member

No I won't lend you a deep 21mm socket before you ask!

Be good to see you again Ray!

18. Si-Sideways

Si-Sideways Member

Really looking forward to this again, second drift day :) I will try and pack the car so I can leave the passenger seat in this time and hopefully someone can jump in and give me some tips as to why i kept spinning out! haha

19. rayman-

rayman- Outtatime

I need a 19mm how you fixed???

20. S1DEW4YS-S1E

S1DEW4YS-S1E Member

I will be there again to watch, Haven't missed 1 yet :D. I FINALLY have my 328i but have no way of getting it to Buxton on road,as it's sorned :( but looking to get transporter or trailer asap. Feel like a right tit as i have everything to drift, apart from transport :mad:. Never mind i am still there for the action, looks like it might be 2013 for me :cry: