S14 HSD front adjuster dropped out

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by dow, Jun 10, 2012.

1. dow

dow New Member

[​IMG]

So what are my options? I'm not sure if I can start undoing things without them requiring a service afterwards, and I'm going away next week in the car, and I figured you guys probably know HSD's better than anyone else. I think I had set it to minimum when I broke it, so at least it won't be too harsh as I've set the one at the other side to the same for now, but I do prefer them to be around 6 or 7 from soft.

It looks like there is nothing to turn with a screwdriver or allen key up the hole, looks very clean.

Should I contact HSD to service them when I get back and replace it, or can I adjust them somehow? The dampers probably don't need servicing really, as they've only covered about 5k and not done anything at all this last 2 years while I've been busy doing other things, they've been back in their box for a year or so in this time.

2. htc.zenit

htc.zenit New Member

Got the same problem...can't adjust them at all.

[​IMG]

Why is the adjustment knob on the bottom end and not on the top end as on the read dampers :(

3. PhilMorrison

PhilMorrison Driftworks Owner
    Staff Member

Where did you buy them from? Any of our customers can contact us if they have any problem at all and we'll sort it out. We carry spare click adjusters in stock :)

4. htc.zenit

htc.zenit New Member

Gotbthem from you, was about to send you an email :)