Drift One Buxton weekender July 28th & 29th

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by JohnJ, Jul 4, 2012.

1. JohnJ

JohnJ Active Member

I can't believe I'm starting the thread for the 6th event this year up at Buxton already. Where does time go?

This event is at Buxton raceway, about 3 miles from Buxton town at SK17 0RR.

And it's a tenner to get in per adult, a tenner to drift and a tenner to be a passenger. Per day.

The ODC competition is on Sunday afternoon but more and more people are spending the weekend here, it's a great atmosphere and great fun.

The timetable will be something like this:

Saturday. Drift practice from 1 pm. If there are enough entries we will run a 'just for fun' Team drift event late on (6 ish).Don't worry if you're coming on your own and want to enter, you'll soon make some friends here. If there are still people wanting to drift we'll stay open til 7.

There will be a tyre van, £5 per rim to change tyres, there will be tyres available from £2.50 each.

Practice sessions are tailored to drivers ability. If you are new and want to go out alone that's fine, let us know. If you're with a mate and want to practice twinning then queue up together and let the gate men know. You'll see the regular guys going out in huge trains, I've seen 14 or more, quite something.

Saturday night. Bar open until late. Mayhem and daft games all night. Camping free. There are good clean toilet facilities for a wash in the morning but no showers or hot water.

Sunday. Circuit opens at 12 for practice. Then at 3 we start the fourth Buxton ODC round of the year. This will be on a different track layout to whatever practice track we've had and is open to everyone as it is also the qualifying for the Twin Drift Battle afterwards. Obviously only ODC competitors will get the ODC points. This is worth staying to watch, some very fierce competition!

There will be a minimum of an hour's practice afterwards if you aren't competing.

There's a burger van on site and a bar open. Anyone thought to be drinking and drifting will be breathylised. (Never had to do it yet!)

£10 per day to get in for every adult. £10 to put your car on track (per day), and £10 to be a passenger. Kids get in free. Passenger rides available.

When you park up PLEASE leave the grass at the top of the paddock area for campers, it's not much fun trying to pitch a tent on the rocky carpark.

Anyone caught thrashing around wildly anywhere except on the track will be asked to leave the venue. No exceptions and no refunds.

Please read the timetable above and understand what you are coming to. Also the competition is open to EVERYONE so don't worry about your level of ability, you're welcome to have a go.

Can't wait!

2. Si-Sideways

Si-Sideways Member

yes can't wait! missed the last 2 due to being on holiday, see you there!

3. MJG

MJG Active Member

Well written. The timetable is clear, and it equates to approximately £3 per hour of drift time including your entry on the gate. Bargain! In fact I'd say it's the cheapest drift day in the country in terms of £/hr.

We've had some fantastic events over the past couple of years, so join in the action! If you haven't gotten round to coming yet, then DO IT. We could all be dead tomorrow and you'd have missed out on the most savage twinning and train drifting training ground in the country. We pride ourselves on being super welcoming, and hope that new drivers and old-hands can at least come to one of our events in their lifetimes and feel at home and have a great weekend.

We are also the only current ODC qualifying venue who's scores are based on a top-16 twin drifting competition, so if you suck at solo runs but rock at battles then you might want to come up to try your hand.

4. Dirrt

Dirrt Delusional Drifters

Shit, I was being so relaxed about time haha... must order chargers, batteries and memory cards :D

5. scottc1088

scottc1088 Member

I'll be there Aslong as the cars fixed

6. Broadley

Broadley Member

I'll be there as per just need to get the car fixed again, rear arm, shaft and possibly diff. Oh and knock the bonnet and wings back straight.
    I really do hope the weather plays ball this time I want to kill some rubber, still on the same set for the last 2 events.

7. kyky

kyky Member

Can't wait!!! No doubt this will be another Buxton where the day after we all sit there and think WOW!!! What a weekend!!!

8. PikeyMike

PikeyMike Member

I did a little skid on the sunday on the carpark and got a telling off for it, just wanted to say sorry!

Can't wait, i've only been once but i'll be there again, such a welcoming bunch and i had a great time!

Complete noob but still entered the comp, and had massive fun!

9. Rich Baker

Rich Baker Member

"We are also the only current ODC qualifying venue who's scores are based on a top-16 twin drifting competition, so if you suck at solo runs but rock at battles then you might want to come up to try your hand. " eerr so does the first solo judged run position not count as our odc points??

10. MartyHillPhoto

Yep solo run doesn't count towards odc points, it just determines your position for the twinning. Odc points are then awarded from where you finished in the twinning. People who are not in odc championship, are not counted so for example you could finish 3rd in the twinning but the top 2 not in odc so you score maximum points. easy peasey!!

11. MartyHillPhoto

12. Rich Baker

Rich Baker Member

arr thats wank..cheers anyways mart

13. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

Dammit, im at the norfolk weekender will see you guys at the 24hour event in september

14. MJG

MJG Active Member

What's wank about it Rich? Everybody loves twinning, and that is REAL drift competition. You don't go to the D1 and say "hey guys, I qualified first, do I win?" NO - Some crazy bastard comes and fucks you up on the battles and then you go away and come back ANGRY and you kick some arse... Just like Buxton.

15. magicmat

magicmat Active Member

Timetable seems clear,

What I didn't know last time was the extra cost of entering the comp on the Sunday, I didn't feel confident at the time so didn't pay to enter it, but as a few lost a couple/few hours drift time on the Sunday.

I understand why there was an extra fee because there was prize money for winning,

But I suppose I'm asking if there's any other costs to drift, such as comps etc? Like the twinning comp and team event?

#15 magicmat, Jul 5, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
  16. MartyHillPhoto

I think you may be getting confused with the fee's to join the odc. MJG will clarify this for you.

17. MJG

MJG Active Member

The competition is free, but joining the ODC is £30. You can compete for the fun of it, but if you're an ODC member then you are eligible for the national final.

18. mattxr2

mattxr2 Member

Looking forward to this seeing as I missed the last one. Providing the e30 runs

19. magicmat

magicmat Active Member

no im not

I know about the ODC,

I went to an event last year and i swear it was £5 to enter the twining comp and there was a £100 prize up for grabs.

I only came for the day and ended up loosing drift time because i didnt want to compete in that way with it being my first time there. If i'd known i may have come on the other day. Hence i thought i'd ask so I and others can decide what we are doing.

But it sounds like the team and twinning comp are free to enter then? .. but no prize money anymore? (guessing thats why its free now)

20. MJG

MJG Active Member

We offered prize money if people wanted to pay a fiver into the pot. This normally left John losing money but the fiver from the drivers at least helped. I'm sorry you couldn't afford that. It was written in the thread at the time though.

We no longer offer prize money as it just gave people ammo to accuse us of being corrupt when Grindrod beat them. So yes the competition is free. If it wasn't free, we'd write it in the thread much like we did when there was a cash prize.