RB25 Powered s14...Build or Sell...that is the question?!?

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by BHPSeeker, Jul 24, 2012.

1. BHPSeeker

BHPSeeker Member

Ok so probably over a year since i bought the 200sx now, and so far its sat in my garage as i just dont get the play time i would like to give her some real TLC.

The bodywork is never going to be show class, theres the usual bubbling on the arches and the sills have been welded (not by myself and not very tidy either) but i was going to strip out the shell and chop out all the rusty bits and replace with some shiny new bits with possibly a s14a or s14.5 conversion later on.

Its the engine that got my attention, its fitted with an RB25DET engine, I bought it from a mechanic and the conversion has been done really well, everythings smart and tidy and not hacked to death like some:smash:

Well anyway it ran really nice and smooth pulled strong as an ox no nasty bangs rattles or knocks and roughly about the 250 mark so fairly standard, its had high quality oils new belts, water pump, tensioners, iridium plugs etc etc and has been looked after was lovingly donated to the 200 by the guys skyline that got bent in half by a tree.

However the other weekend I puled it out to clear of the dust and while it was sat idling away outside my unit it started to splutter and stopped running, with the fuel being low i merrily skipped off to the garage and brought £20 of petrol to put in her but now she just wont start up, turns over a treat, no rattles grinding smoke, smell of petrol from the exhaust so its getting fuel, im thinking the coil packs have had it but atm i cant afford a new set to try it.

I have been slowly collecting parts to build her up into something of a weapon, various ECU's, 3076 Turbo, Boost Controller, FMIC, Walbro Pump etc but like i say i just dont get the time to start playing now a days and seen as iv just bought my first house that will be taking up considerably more of my time and dollar.

So now i am at a very crutial crossroads in my somewhat early drifting career (hobby) :cry: do i follow my heart and plough money that should be being spent on kitchens and bathrooms into a thrill seeking demon or do i follow my head and give her up to someone who has the time, knowledge and (more importantly) money to continue to build her into what she is worthy of becoming??

So now its in your hands people lets put it to the vote, although i think i know where this may lead...

2. dacky20

dacky20 Member

if i was you i would get it up and running when i could and sell if you dont use it , like you said you don't have time so no point really !

3. BHPSeeker

BHPSeeker Member

I know this but it the smile it puts on my face when its running that stops me selling :(

4. ash1987

ash1987 Active Member

If its not costing you any money to keep i'd keep it and get it running again. Even if you decide to sell it once its running you will get more for it than a non running car. Also by the time you fixed it you may have the finaces to play with it. Why not sell some of the shiney stuff and get it going again?

5. Zuko

Zuko Guest

Sell it to me...

6. caged

caged Drift Gibbon

How did I know your post count would be under ten, with 'sell' in the title?!

7. Sam H

Sam H Troll Dispatch

Get some pics up, do a project thread,plenty of experts on here. Sell some of your toys to get it running

Sent from my LG-V900 using Tapatalk 2

8. BHPSeeker

BHPSeeker Member

Might be something to do with me reading other peoples threads to get the information iv needed rather than starting new ones for old topics??

Good shout hopefully initial_j is sending me a set of decent coil packs to throw in mine as the spark seems somewhat lazy, if this solves the problem the parts o have so far should see me good for a while, im just hoping its not the rings and in need of a full build otherwise it might not see the light of day again for some time :/