Suspension setup on my Z32, any help would be great!

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by egonomic69, Aug 15, 2012.

1. egonomic69

egonomic69 New Member

ok, so recently i have just bought completely adjustable everything front/rear for my 32 as well as a lovely set of HSD coilovers. i will be installing them as soon as i know a few things..
    1. what camber and toe is good for a track/road setup?
    2. where is a good place in surrey to get a 4 wheel alignment?
    3. has anybody else installed a HSD coilover package? if so what do you think of them?

Any help or light shed on this situation would be fantastic! here is a list of what i bought..
    • traction rods
    • camber arms front n rear
    • Hicas eliminators
    • toe rods
    • Tension rods
    • HSD coilovers
    • front n rear lower arms
    everything is fully adjustable, so i thought it would be best to ask here first instead of doing it all wrong. im not a noob when it comes to suspension but this would be the first time i will be changing everything.

Regards Nathan. :smokin:

2. Cowpatmatt

Cowpatmatt Active Member

I run 0 toe front and rear. 3 deg camber front and 1 deg rear. Stock caster. Go from there and see how it feels for you.

3. egonomic69

egonomic69 New Member

sweet! cheers for the help! ill try it out :D seeing as you have a pretty neat 300! what kind of upgrades would you recommend? i believe mine has a stage 1? cat back, remap and after market air filter, as you can see i got all the suspension sorted :) cant wait to get it on! cheers!

4. cefiro_drifta

cefiro_drifta Mad pointing Munky

pretty much what cowpat said.

Jamie Mac used to be regarded as the king of setting up skid cars back in the day and he said to me that as a beginner in an s13/r32 ( which a Z32 is pretty much a mixture of them both ) a good start is 3-3.5 degrees front camber, 0 toe front and rear, 0 - 0.5 degree of rear camber and 7 degrees caster ..

I had those settings on all my S and R body cars and thats from total beginner to finishing 7th in bdc sort of level and they always worked, only change i made towards the end was adding a big more front camber as i didnt have a handbrake and i was entering corners faster due to clutch kick and flicking in so needed the extra contact on more lock

5. egonomic69

egonomic69 New Member

awesome man! will bare that in mind :) im gunna google him n see what i can find, thanks for the help!

6. cefiro_drifta

not sure what he is doing nowadays, caht to him on facebook from time to time but this is when he was up at silverstone. Doubt he is doing these days.

tbh anyone with a laser alighnment and knowledge in how adjustable arms work will be able to dial in what you ask them for. Only problem you might find with non motorsports alighners is they tend to think they know whats best for you dont do what you want instead of actually doing what you want

7. egonomic69

egonomic69 New Member

ok thanks, there are plenty of companys round my area that im sure can help me! ill keep you posted on my progress! :)

8. cefiro_drifta

well depending on where you are in surrey, Garage D is only a 35-40 min drive , Nispro is about 45-1hr away then there is a few places near guildford i think

9. egonomic69

egonomic69 New Member

i live in elmbridge (inner M25) so kinda near guildford, where bouts is garage D?

10. egonomic69

egonomic69 New Member

ok garage G it is lol thanks for the help cefiro, as soon as i spoke to them i could tell he knew exactly what he is doin :) cheers!

11. Cowpatmatt

Cowpatmatt Active Member

Upgrades wise on mine it's just air filter, exhaust, big front mount intercooler, remap with boost turned up to 14.5psi (1 bar) on a totally stock engine and turbos and that's it. If you want more than 400bhp bigger injectors will allow you to turn the boost up more and you can get around 470-480bhp with stock turbos at a push, then it starts getting expensive. No need for crazy forged bits till you want over 600hp but if a rebuild is needed you can chuck in some forged pistons while your at it. I have seen totally stock engines at 700bhp with bigger turbos.
    It would be a good idea to get a bigger radiator and oil cooler setup though as they need it. Hope that helps :)

12. egonomic69

egonomic69 New Member

ahaa ive got most of that already just rad, oil cooler and front mount it is then! cheers mate! what front mount do you recommend/ use? mind if i follow u on face book?

13. Cowpatmatt

Cowpatmatt Active Member

my intercooler is just a cheapo one off ebay nothing special.

14. Cowpatmatt

Cowpatmatt Active Member

15. egonomic69

egonomic69 New Member

sweet! looks better than the dual kit, see u cut the middle fin out ur bumper :)