Drift One Buxton October 27th & 28th - Last one this year!

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by JohnJ, Oct 14, 2012.

1. JohnJ

JohnJ Active Member

I can't believe another year has got behind us already, this will be the last Buxton event this year.

This event is at Buxton raceway, about 3 miles from Buxton town at SK17 0RR.

And it's a tenner to get in per adult, a tenner to drift and a tenner to be a passenger. Per day. PER DAY.

The ODC final is the same day at Pembray but we will have a fun competition is on Sunday afternoon.

The timetable will be something like this:

Saturday. Drift practice from 9 am. We will run a Team drift event from 4pm if there are enough people there. Don't worry if you're coming on your own and want to enter, you'll soon make some friends here. The team comps at the last few events were amazing!

Drift One, Buxton 01/09/12 - Team Competition - YouTube

There will be a tyre van, £5 per rim to change tyres, there will be tyres available from £2.50 each on Sunday afternoon. If you want to bring a few extra tyres to sell that's fine.

Practice sessions are tailored to drivers ability. If you are new and want to go out alone that's fine, let us know. If you're with a mate and want to practice twinning then queue up together and let the gate men know. You'll see the regular guys going out in huge trains, I've seen 14 or more, quite something.

Saturday night. Bar open until late. Mayhem and daft games all night. Camping free. There are good clean toilet facilities for a wash in the morning but no showers or hot water.

Sunday. Circuit opens at 12 for practice. Then at 3 we'll have a competition. This will be on a different track layout to whatever practice track we've had and is open to everyone as it is also the qualifying for the Twin Drift Battle afterwards.

There will be a minimum of an hour's practice afterwards if you aren't competing.

There's a burger van on site and a bar open. Anyone thought to be drinking and drifting will be breathylised. (Never had to do it yet!)

£10 per day to get in for every adult. £10 to put your car on track (per day), and £10 to be a passenger. Kids get in free. Passenger rides available.

WARNING -Anyone caught thrashing around wildly anywhere except on the track will be asked to leave the venue. No exceptions and no refunds. This includes people thinking it's a cool idea to get pissed and have a thrash around the carpark or campsite. I will not stop my regular guys from tipping your car on its roof. SO DON'T DO IT.

Please read the timetable above and understand what you are coming to. Also the competition is open to EVERYONE so don't worry about your level of ability, you're welcome to have a go.

Can't wait!

Oh, we don't bother with lists. If you are coming then come. If not then don't. We'll be there whatever.

2. Mitch

Mitch In moderation

Damn, missed a whole season of Buxton already. Awesome place, great atmosphere, see you all when it starts again in 2013 :smokin:

3. rutter

rutter Member

Cannot wait stocked up on tyres already

4. baza30

baza30 Member

ill be there, seeing what amazing photo's can be had for the last one of the year :( ah well itll soon be the start of next season. Think it will nice to see the season out in style.

5. greenbug22

greenbug22 Member

John we gonna have to have a get together/pissup lol seeing as we gonna miss LAST buxton of the year cnt believe how fast its gone :( soon be time to rip car apart and tart it up ready to get battered again lol

6. kyky

kyky Member

Anglesea???

Will be there as per usual!!

Can't wait!!

7. AndyMS43

AndyMS43 Member

We'll be there going big, seeing as we'll have all winter to straighten the beemer out ;)

Cannot wait!

8. juggs

juggs Member

Wicked day at the last buxton so im on this!
    Is the tyre van their on the saturday though & if so what time?
    Also will you have any 14" tyres with him?

9. rutter

rutter Member

i'll try and get some extras as we only took enough for our selfs last time all being wel tyre van will be there early last time was a hick up

10. rtlkyuubi

rtlkyuubi Member

will be there in another turbo volvo estate :D

11. rossg0787

rossg0787 Member

should be there just bought some coilovers so the boat like suspention will be removed lol doin some stupid hours just so i can afford to come lol see you there and im having that wall im trailoring it there

12. lukeyg

lukeyg Active Member

I'll be there as usual.. Not sure if ill be watching or driving though! Still not got a car sorted yet and Anglesey is getting close!

13. gitgroup

gitgroup Member

Im still debating this one... really want to come but wont have the van or the trailer in tow.

hmmmmm. Probably see you all their.

Kyle

14. JakeBlood

JakeBlood Member

Wasn't sure whether to miss this one and just focus on Anglesey but seeing as i only live a mile down the road ill be coming still

15. gazwhittle

gazwhittle Member

This is going to be a good weekend as everyone is away so nice and quiet and plenty of seat time IDE imagine

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

16. Broadley

Broadley Member

Really tempted to organise getting the Bimma up for some epic seat time.

17. chr15_84t3

chr15_84t3 Member

heading up early saturday, drifting, sleeping in the car and doing it all again on sunday... can't wait :D

18. MJG

MJG Active Member

Should be seat time city and a real nice end to the season! We're going to be having a hoot down at Pembrey but going to be missing Buxton <3

19. Joe-sef

Joe-sef -Broseph-

who is running it Mike is john about or he at odc final?

ill come up on sunday for abit, should be a good crack.

has anyone got a missle beemer i can have a go in :(

20. gitgroup

gitgroup Member

From what I understand Mike is doing the ODC and John is looking after Buxton but I may be wrong