S13 awesomeness, first skid car.

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by ashloys, Jan 2, 2013.

1. ashloys

ashloys Member

S13 awesomeness, first skid car. New HSD's!!

Today has been an absolutely mad day. I've managed to sell my civic to buy a big spec stage 3a s14a. I had the s14 sold within a few hours to fund this s13 project.

Pictures of all 3 cars!

Civic:
    [​IMG]

S14A:
    [​IMG]

S13:
    [​IMG]

I've bought an apex 3" catback, brand new monkey magic rear bumper, new chargespeed front bumper & skirts, and also just bought some HSD's from the DW shop. Also have a genuine bride recliner in good condition sitting there too.

Plan is to get it MOT'd in the next couple of weeks, finish fitting everything and learn to drive. Lol

#1 ashloys, Jan 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  2. minty23

minty23 Member

Interesting day but why not keep the 14?

3. ashloys

ashloys Member

I'd already started paying off the s13 before I had the 14a. Plus it was one of my good mates built the s13 from ground up and knows it inside out.

I've had my mind set on an s13 for a long long time, s14's just don't do it for me enough :) plus if I hit this s13 learning to skid it already has overs ;)

4. ashloys

ashloys Member

Took it for its first proper drive today, I couldn't be happier. Can't wait to get this thing on the road. Couldn't get any decent pictures with wheels etc on, it was pitch black before I got a chance!

5. ashloys

ashloys Member

Just a couple of shit pictures of it before we started working on it. Looks so much better now sitting on decent sized wheels.

Will be 10x better whenever the kit is on!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. burgerboy78

burgerboy78 SCHWING

why not put the rotas on the 13?

7. chidley

chidley i like fingers

dunno why but i really dont like that colour, so... lifeless :/

other than that it could turn out to be a pretty cool motor when its done, depending on which direction it goes in

8. counteract

counteract -o=me

Yeah bwooiiii! You're gonna be on the road before me!

Keep it up gay boy!

9. ashloys

ashloys Member

The rota's are on the s13 now, need spacers for the back badly though. The colour is a LOT better in person, although it will be getting painted. I personally love the colour. Will be running with the unpainted body kit for a while though :)

Haha floyd, roll on feb. I can't wait. Had it out on the roads last night with no bumpers or rear lights, only good thing was seeing the flames clearly with no lights on the rear and in the dark lol.

10. chidley

chidley i like fingers

whats under the bonnet on the 13? CA or SR?

11. ashloys

ashloys Member

Forged SR20DET, HKS mushroom filter, full 3" from turbo back, walbro 255, HKS actuator set to 1bar, FMIC.

12. Tim200s13

Tim200s13 Member

for the record you kept the best motor, enjoy it..................

13. chidley

chidley i like fingers

you got reciepts for internals in the sr20det? seems strange to build a forged engine then set the boost to a bar, and no mention of a boost controller :S an sr'd s13 is a great car so even if its stock it'll be a hoot, just dont want to see someone getting ripped off is all

14. ashloys

ashloys Member

What do you mean dude?

15. ashloys

ashloys Member

It was one of my best mates who built the car from a bare shell. Someone I trust, which is why I bought this car in the first place. Ill be keeping power as it is ATM until I learn to steer, took it out for a run last night and it's absolutely amazing. Can't wait until its insured etc. but yeh I know what you mean dude. It's got plenty of power as it is, not sure what it would be running??

16. ashloys

ashloys Member

Also, after driving that s14 for a day the s13 just seems so much lighter and easier to throw around.

17. chopaholic

chopaholic Well-Known Member

Your eyes must be painted on if you think its a lifeless colour, its bright fucking purple.

[​IMG]

The car used to belong to me, Ashley is a very good friend of mine, why would I be wanting to rip him off? So no one else thinks to much into things and weirdly asks questions, the S14 I bought the engine from had various other modifications done to it, GT28R, bigger injectors, aftermarket ECU etc, however these bits were not included in the sale. I never felt the need for any more boost, why run over 1bar on a fairly standard setup? It was reliable, quick and ran sweet.

@Ashley, it breaks my heart a little bit after spending years making it an awesome car to see it sitting in my yard but not belonging to me lol We will get the bumpers and all sorted next week.

18. chidley

chidley i like fingers

sorry if ive touched a nerve, im only asking the obvious questions as i and many others know, a 'good' or 'forged' engine isnt always the truth, as many of them are actually stock or turds..

and the colour looks lifeless to me because the photos are of a half stripped car, in a back yard, surrounded by broken motors, on a dull day.. just my opinion.. just aint a fan of that purple im afraid

19. chidley

chidley i like fingers

i am intrigued to see it with a new kit on though, and some tasty wheels, not a fan of SSR Vienna's (i think thats what those flat faced wheels are) either :S different tastes i guess :/

20. decobyrne106

decobyrne106 Member

nice to see this car living another day, good luck dude!