Ps13 Uneventful build thread

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Cades, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Cades

Cades Member

Thought i'd make a build thread for my Ps so i can keep track of stuff as i go,and as i (hopefully) get better at drifting. Nothing major,just small tweaks (no mediocre fabrication yet).

All started when i saw a Ps come up for sale,so me and a mate traveled all the way up to aberdeen to go and buy it...
    [​IMG]

It was quickest and probably cheaper,so we flew up.

[​IMG]

Only place i've seen a vending machine with nothing but Irn Bru in it!

[​IMG]

And that's how it looked when we bought it. Heard if you add some homosexual photo effects it makes you better at drifting?

[​IMG]

On the drive home,nice scenery in Aberdeen,but more speed cameras and police with speed guns than i've ever seen :no:

[​IMG]

Got it home and went to bed,started looking over it the next morning. Wires were all hanging in the drivers footwell from the defis/aftermarket alarm/boost gauge. Since i'm a retard and would probably yank some stuff out with a misplaced foot i tidied them up a bit.

[​IMG]

Spoiler wasn't to my taste so it came off, my friend took the legs off and tried it on his 14 and it looked pretty good.

[​IMG]

The shifter was horribly sloppy thanks to a worn nylon bush,but i had an excuse to buy a short shift for it which made it much better. Going to invest in a gearbox mount too,since there's a horrible vibration that travels through the shifter at high rpm. The guy i bought the car from also threw in the power FC brand new in the box,don't really need the power yet so it can stay unused for now.

[​IMG]

Had a Greddy rad from my 180 kicking around so that went on as well. Tidied up the bay a bit at the same time by taking out the carbon canister and some assorted vacuum lines,which seemed to make it boost earlier and a bit harder.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The exhaust was hitting on the chassis rail which was doing my head in so my friend had a look over it. Turned out that the downpipe was held on by 2 bolts out of 5,it had a gaping crack in it and had a bolt sheered off in the turbo.
    Swapped the exhaust system over,unfortunately the downpipe on that one also has a slight crack so my friend is going to weld it up for me and swap it over. Turbo will have to come off at a later date so the sheered bolt can come out :)

[​IMG]

There's currently around 3mm clearance between the coilover and the wheel,but luckily i have these to go on...

[​IMG]

Rota Rb's. -13 on the fronts and -19 on the rears.

[​IMG]

Plenty of poke there,but next on the shopping list are a set of fenders.

[​IMG]

It was believed that it was an LSD on the car,and as i wanted to skid it asap,my friend started getting ready to swap it over with the cusco 1.5 way from my old 180. Unfortunately the cases were a completely different size and we realised that the cusco wouldn't go on :( My friend suggested we weld it so i cracked the case open to drain the oil when we found this...

[​IMG]

A tomei diff,it's not harsh and doesn't clunk at all so thought it might be a 1.5,but all google seems to show up is 2-way. Gave it an oil change with some :dw: diff oil,really good stuff. My friend bolted it back up and attempted to give me a skid lesson (huge fail). Then he had a a turn,and even with fairly stock power it locks up like a dream and skids really well in the dry,just needed a good service ;)

[​IMG]

And this is where i'm at now. Have my first drift day at pod on the 20th which i'm really looking forward to. Don't need anything else to skid it right now,but on the payday list is some overfenders to accomodate the RB's,and a respray (cause shiny paint makes you a better drifter). :wave:

2. Andrex

Andrex Member

Looks like a good base. I've always wanted a ps13 :(

I take it this has an sr in it? Whats it like for rust?

3. Cades

Cades Member

Yea it's the red top SR,was imported 4 years ago. No rot just surface rust,I'll clean it up and underseal it when winter rolls round :)

4. Doz_SR20

Doz_SR20 Member

Nice, good to see the money from breaking your 180 go to good use :)

5. Cades

Cades Member

Absolutely dude,just wanna get driving it now :) how's yours coming along?

6. afwjan

afwjan Member

Lovely PS13 althought the colour is not my taste!
    it will be look great with overfenders and the RB´s. Do you want to change the colour at the respry?!

7. Cades

Cades Member

Thanks :) the colours grown on me i think,paint glitters in the sun quite nicely. Yea once the fenders are on i'm hoping the rb's sit quite nicely. Going to go white with a purple pearl when i spray it,got the paint just need a nice day to prep it now :)

8. Doz_SR20

Doz_SR20 Member

All good touch wood! First drift day in it on Saturday, will see how it compares to an MX5 :p

9. afwjan

afwjan Member

i am really looking forward to see this in white!!! Good choice!!!

10. Cades

Cades Member

Yea try not to let an mx5 show you up :p be more fun than the Micra though! :)

Thank you sir :p i'll keep it updated

11. afwjan

afwjan Member

waht size are the work cr wheels?

12. Cades

Cades Member

Those are Rota torque on the car mate, 17x9 but not sure on the offset :)

13. afwjan

afwjan Member

:D OK ;) thanks for the Info!

14. tsj

tsj Member

Nice orange :)

15. Ross.

Ross. Active Member

I like Irn Bru

I don't like Rota's

16. Cades

Cades Member

I like both,it's win/win ;)

17. chidley

chidley i like fingers

didnt realise you were on driftworks chris! HAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIII! :)

18. Replay

Replay New Member

Nice mate must stop looking at p. s. 1. 3. S.

19. Hudson.

Hudson. JIBES

Nice! If you fancy selling the front bumper give me a shout ;)

20. Cades

Cades Member

Cheers guys. Completely forgot this thread lol :p
    I now have different wheels,blue front fenders, z32 brakes, new gauges, fitted a boost controller and went on a few outings to pod :)
    Will try and take some pics before i tub the arches and respray it if anyone is interested to see?