1971 Beach Buggy (Beetle)

Thread in 'Misc for sale' started by advansam, Aug 13, 2012.

1. advansam

advansam Member

I am selling on behalve of my Dad,

His pride and joy is up for sale to make way for something else.
    First of all, a photo so we know what we are looking at:

[​IMG]

This was converted from a 1971 Beetle to the buggy in (i believe) 2001. This work was carried out by JAS beach buggies Welcome - JAS Beachbuggies
    The car was used by Universal Studios to promote the last attempt at the Spiderman films, and was covered in a red web livery for the event. There is still a red spider in the top corner of the windscreen.

The engine is an original 1600 beetle engine with enough grunt. The open engine at the back and exhaust is very loud and deep. The closest noise I can think of is a Harley Davidson, but louder.

Push button start with a hidden electrical cut off, and key for the steering lock.

The body is glass fibre, which leads my to the only slight bad point. Around the rear there is some crazing of the resin which we never got round to sorting. In the 4 years or so we have owned it, it has never got any worse so we lived with it.

There is a navy blue 'roof' with separate zip on side windows that is in very good condition, which never gets used.

The buggy is kept in the garage all year and only driven on dry days. There is no rust on any of the chassis.

TAX EXEMPT and recently had an MOT and service.
    Another bonus of this car is its cheep insurance (just over £100 with 1 main and 2 named drivers).

Regularly serviced by a local mechanic, who will be equally sad to see it go.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The crazing of the resin:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you are interesting in owning this classic car, Call or text me (Sam) on 07717753047 as I don't get to check the forum very often.

Price: £4500 ovno

The car is in Tadworth, Surrey

2. advansam

advansam Member

3. advansam

advansam Member

bump it up

4. shelbz S14A

shelbz S14A Active Member

5. advansam

advansam Member

back to the top