Southwall Smokers... Lydden Hill Drift Day 27th April 2013

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by lezbrucelee, Mar 6, 2013.

1. lezbrucelee

lezbrucelee Southwall Smokers

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lydden Hill Race Circuit, Wootton, Canterbury, Kent CT4 6RX | T - (01304) 830557 | F - (01304) 831715

Our next date for drifting is the 27th April 2013, as always these days are open to all levels of driver from total newbies to super duper pros everyone is welcome, We will be running allocated sessions according to your driver level so those new to drifting dont have to worry about those pro pushing them round the circuit.
    The groups are:-

Novice..... Either you have done no drifting before or you have done a few days but are still learning to drift.

Intermidiate... Youve done a fair bit of drifting and are a fairly capable driver and dont spin out on every lap.

Expert/Pro.... You have done plenty of drifting and are at a level where you either could hold or do hold a drift licence of some description.

In the event these 3 groups are full we will run a 4th group but this generally ends up being another intermidate group

1- The Day is Open to all levels of driver. Please use the decription above to try and decide which group you belong in, If we get fully booked you might not have the chance to change groups.

2-We are running the 3/4 loop circuit which includes the section the BDC used last year, including the plastic walls on the exit of some corners so if you chose you can 'run the wall' (see above pic)

3-Tyres Services will be on site from 9-5 (£5 PER SWAP, FROM £2.50 A TYRE, £2 DISPOSAL) All tyres will now be disposed of on the day.
    http://www.willsmobiletyres.co.uk/default.htm
    or
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Wills-Mobile-Tyres/10636457687?fref=ts

If you require tyres you must contact Will or put a post up in this thread with your sizes so we have an idea of how many to bring over, Judging how many of each size required is an impossible task, so help us to help help you. Also leaving this to the last min is not helpful, we need as much notice as you can give us so we can be prepared
    Those that want to change your own on site must also be prepared to blow them up too. Dont expect the tyre man to stop working just to do this for you, His primary job is swaps for paying customers.
    A seperate airline + compressor will be placed at the dummy grid for you to adjust your pressures,

4-You must hold a full UK drivers licence

5-Passengers are allowed but need to sign in on the day @ £20 for the day

6-Specators are £5 on the gate, but each pre-booked driver will recieve 1 gate pass, your free entry must arrive with the driver.

7-Twinning and trains will be allowed on track too, but you must have permission from the other drivers.

8-Signing in opens at 7:00am with a drivers briefing at 8:30am which you must attend. Failure to show by this time may mean you are unable to take part and in this case no refunds will be made. Please try to arrive as early as possible the circuit goes live at 9am and none likes missing there first session.

9-Cliping pionts will be laid out on the circuit

10-Additional drivers can be added on the day at a cost of £20 and needs to be paid directly in the signing in office on the day. Additional driver will be placed into the same group so you have to share your seat time. If you wish to car share and go in seperate groups this requires a second pre-booking at £99

11-Helmets will be required and can be hired from the circuit and arms and legs need to be cover whilst on track.

12-We need around 80 cars for the day to proceed, max amount is 100

13- Sessions, We will be running 3/4 (number dependant) sessions in every hour these are split into Novice, intermidate and pros, we only allow a max of 24 cars on track at once so there is plenty of room between cars

14- Flags, Last year it was clear to see not everyone obeys the flags, this year we will be far stricter on this. If you are caught on more than 1 occasion ignoring flags you may not be allowed back out on track for the rest of the day. Safety of yourselfs and others around you is Lyddens primary concern. It is your job as drivers to look for the flags!

Price

Advanced bookings £99
    On the day £130

There is no longer the option for paying via paypal, and booking must now go directly through the office or via the website
    To Book Call..... (01304) 830557 (mon-fri 8-5)
    Lydden are building an online option on their website but this hasnt gone live yet as soon as it does i'll update this post with a link to it.
    You can also now call lydden office and place a deposit on your slot but the full balance must be paid before the 20th April, Once you have booked please PM me your name so i can put you on the paid list below.
    The sooner you book the easier my life is:smash:

Refunds will be made up to 2 weeks before the event date or if the day is cancelled due to lack of numbers or extreme weather, other than this no refunds can be made, but you welcome to sell your slot on if you cant make it if you do this please noitify myself and the office.
    Lydden may allow you to carry you booking over to the next date but this is at the circuits discretion and you will need to contact them directly about it

Any Questions please ask and dont forget to add us on Facebook for videos and pictures of the event........... http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/southwall.smokers

2. lezbrucelee

I feel after febs drifting i need to stress to everyone about obeying the flags, there an important part of any form or track driving. It is your job to look for them and obey them. We will be clamping down on people ignoring them.

3. Chimp

Chimp Member

I hope your driving this one Lez?

4. lezbrucelee

Doubt it, my op is gonna be around april time so i'll prob have another day of watching from the side lines

5. Chimp

Chimp Member

Ah man that sucks... Hope beau gets more than 3 laps this time

6. matt|H

matt|H Member

How about posting the flags in this thread? Especially considering the bloke giving Febs briefing didn't even explain the flags...

Booking at end of the month :)

7. yassa

yassa Member

gonna try and get both of us to this, a full bdc spec s14 and a battered old mx5, opposite ends of the scale much haha

8. lozza

lozza ChickFoot FTW!

Woo going to try and make this one :D see how the little BM likes Lydden!

9. lezbrucelee

True the briefing at febs one was extremly poor.

With regards to red and yellow its not that different from traffic lights and we all have a drivers licence.
    Yellow..... Theres a car spun out in front of you, slow down and be prepared to stop
    Red.... Something serious has happened we are stopping the session until we can clear the indcident
    Black.....Return to the pits immediately either you have done something wrong or there is something unsafe with the car
    Chequered... End of session, return to the pits
    I'm afraid none of them mean your awesome just keep your foot in and dont worry about the guy spun out around the corner.

10. COSSIEDRIFT

COSSIEDRIFT Member

Had to swap my Feb ticket to this. Not recieved my new ticket yet though :(

11. lezbrucelee

Give lydden a call on monday just jog there memory, i know Willie is out of the country this week, It wont have been sent out yet anyway as they only start doing paperwork for this date this week

12. COSSIEDRIFT

COSSIEDRIFT Member

Yeah I did think they've probably not started sending them out yet. And I don't want to pest them.

13. Phil G

Phil G Active Member

I'm definitely there this time, new year, new car and a new driver. This year could be promising

14. Phil-Me-Up

Phil-Me-Up Member

fuck yehhh cant w8 for this, car should be 100% for once and so should I :)

15. Power granger

Power granger New Member

16. chrisS14

chrisS14 Member

Will be on this booking come pay day ;)

17. Glenbmx

Glenbmx Member

I'm skint already this month so will booking come payday :)

18. Phil2002

Phil2002 Member

All booked can't wait.

19. Supra Beau

Supra Beau Member

Hopefully I'll have new ecu by then.

20. J90-DUN

J90-DUN Member

Be booking up after Snett if car and tyre supplies permit!