MUDDY FUN - UK MANUAL SWB Shogun 3.0 V6 BEAST!- 4x4 Off Roader

Thread in 'Misc for sale' started by Cannon, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Cannon

Cannon Member

3.0 ltr v6 swb shogun - AMAZING OFF ROAD CAR - FULLY ROAD LEGAL with MOT AND TAX as well asa full size spare tyre as a 'get me home' and LOTS of very important modifications

this truck has never let me down, I have used it at Slindon, Muddy Bottom, Slabb common and many other places and its been an absolute joy to take around, and its comfortable as a daily driver also if needed and not too bad on fuel, also running costs most parts are very very cheap from Milner Off road and the insurance with this being a very RARE UK Short Wheelbase MANUAL means no Jap import increases

It has a 2" suspension lift, 2" body lift, running on 35x10.5x15 maxis trepador tyres which are getting a little low but still are amazing off road - never got stuck with these EVER - ok maybe once or twice.. lol

Rubber flared arches due to width of tyres to make MOT safe

Custom rear bumper with Pajero rear lights, so no lights low down to get broken.

Custom rock sliders.

Volvo Electric Fan with Kill switch for deep water Wading yo allow me to do away with viscous fan thus stopping water being sprayed everywhere and making the car safer to go through the deep stuff
    Custom snorkel

WORKING Centre and rear diff lock and has full range selector from 2wd, 4ws, 4wd high, 4wd low and diff lock low and extra button for rear diff locker as well

CB radio and Antenna

FULL WORKING CRUISE CONTROL!!!! and electric windows, wind deflectors, sunroof, sprung drivers seat, and a spare MUD TYRE on the rear Door,

Bonnet spot lights as well as front crash bar

I will throw in the Strops and Shackles needed to attend most off roading days, i am a member of the FWDC and muddy

It' s had a complete engine rebuild very recently due to being a little smokey - all new vavle stem seals etc etc etc etc.

New UJ's and new Ball joints as well as LOADS of receipts from myself taking it to Mitsi Art in Portsmouth for work to be done on it, including wheel bearings, MOT and services including recent gearbox oil and diff oil and also recent oil changes.

LOADS MORE TO LIST!!!!

as with all truck there are a few little niggles - and it does need a quick clean as well.. at the moment it has a cracked headlight but I have a brand new headlight unit I will be fitting, and one of the front wheel bearings does make a little noise when going around a corner, but these are very cheap to do and will try to get it done before sale, all joints are freshly greased and if you would like a grease gun to do this I can include one at an extra fee (they really are a must have if you end up going through deep water etc)

the orange oil light comes on once the truck is up to temperature - but this is due to a faulty sender - however it doesnt really effect anythign it just lets you know when the oil is up to temp, the red oil light works as should to let you know if your low on oil etc. Also the hand brake light does stay on sometimes, this is due to silt buildup and also the fact there is probably alot of mud everywhere on this car, the handbrake does work however. these are the only mechanical niggles and they do not effect the truck - the orange light has been on/off since i owned the car and it is not an issue - i have had it looked into.
    I am a worry'er so anything seems off i always get it checked out - especially if its something mechanical or out of my knowledge base.

im sad to see this go but I am having to spend out on my house and means that I have to sacrifice this

any questions give me a call or text on O755442O884
    thanks
    Cannon

PICS TO FOLLOW looking for £1750 for this gem

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#1 Cannon, Mar 7, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
  2. BigLou

BigLou Member

3. Cannon

Cannon Member

Yeah sucks man .... :(

hate to see if go but needs must...

4. Cannon

Cannon Member

if people want any extra pics i have HUNDREDS!!! on the road and off..

such as

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and many more.. :)

5. Cannon

Cannon Member

Its also now on gumtree

6. RandomGuy

RandomGuy Harroooooooooo!

You interested in swaps?

7. Cannon

Cannon Member

Could be mate. Pop me a message with some info....

For the record

TAX is end of 5/13 and MOT is Dec 2013

Thanks

8. Cannon

Cannon Member

9. RandomGuy

RandomGuy Harroooooooooo!

just a quickie .... whats this like to drive on the roads?

10. Cannon

Cannon Member

do you know what,

In total honesty...

really easy.. its easy to steer, not heavy, super comfy, you dont really feel speedbumps LOL, and the cruise control etc all works so you can get on the motorway and just got for it, tyre noise isnt too bad and it brakes well and accelerates well... dont expect it to keep up with anything else jap and rwd with a turbo on but for a 3.0v6 its not a bad little thing... and having a sprung drivers seat means that its super comfy in general...

so yeah.. its good.. just dont go round roundabouts too hard or it may try and pick up front wheel of the ground.. although in the snow keep it in rwd and do this and it will drift :) - not that we ever tried that

11. Cannon

Cannon Member

lots of PMS and interest, no one shown up with the cash..

WEEKEND BUMP