XT130 Toyota Corona picture request... Please give me some inspiration!!!!!!!!

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by supernova-dw, Mar 10, 2013.

1. supernova-dw

supernova-dw Active Member

Hello everyone!

Not been on here for a while due to moving, I'me now permanently in Vientiane Laos (I realise that Most people have never heard of it)

Anyhow just about to get myself a project car, it's an XT130 Toyota Corona, circa 1980. It's in bad condition and needs a shit load of work but I can see the potential! The base of the car is good as they don't really rot here so that's a plus.

Here's a of pic of how it looks at current:

[​IMG]

Anyhow before I buy it I'd love to see some pictures to inspire me! I did a Google search and didn't find much to be honest.

Idea is complete strip down of course. Over fenders, battle ship grey paint, SR20DET? Cage, bucket seats etc etc...

Does this share any parts with other models like AE86? Just thinking of arms, coilovers etc?

2. supernova-dw

So has no one ever done one of these ever?

Thought I might have even one picture???

Come on please :D

3. bell

bell Without patience

4. supernova-dw

Thanks for the link! I can't seem to find any particularly inspiring pics to be honest however I do honestly feel it has great potential. The idea is to do it up to the tee as an advert for a business that I'm starting so it's gonna have to look good!

I'm thinking engine options of either SR20DET as I already mentioned or 1UZ (Much cheaper locally!) Or even 1JZ which is again cheaper locally than a SR20DET!

5. supernova-dw

Anyone else?

6. GethinD

GethinD [][][][][][][][][][]

That looks a lot like my old TA40 Carina but with the headlights from a TA40 Celica on it instead!

Check this out:

http://www.driftworks.com/forum/drift-car-projects-builds/97708-retrooooooo.html

This was my project thread that I knocked up about my Carina (there's also a photo of my Celica in there at the end, so I'm sure you'll see what I mean).

Only 2 pages, the whole thing was turned around in 48 hours without sleep!!!!

Enjoy :D