Reeco's 350z thunder wagon!

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Reeco, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Reeco

Reeco Member

Right here goes just a quick picture and the start of my new project! It's a 04 uk 350Z! I've wanted one of these for ages and have been saving for about 14 months, then my starlet blew up so I finally picked this up last Saturday from Surrey. Has Basic braking mods and a japspeed exhaust (un-silenced, hence "thunder wagon" ) which is making all the neighbours hate me and setting car alarms off! And all the GT extras! But I've got lots planned. Insurance is a bit steep, which is to be expected when your 20 with a 3.5 V6 so progress will probably be slow this year but watch this space! I'll get some more pictures up when I've cleaned it! :D

[​IMG]

Edit:
    Thought I'd chuck up a current (small) spec list:
    After market rear lights
    Unknown wheels 18"
    Front black Z badge
    30mm Eibach pro spring kit
    Full Japspeed K1 exhaust
    Rear EBC disks and pads
    Front black diamond disks
    Front Brembo pads
    Brembo callipers front and rear

#1 Reeco, Mar 12, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2013
  2. Reeco

Reeco Member

"Washed it so here's some pictures of its ass" update!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Westmidzcustom

Looks nice mate how's you get insured on one of these at 20 id struggle at 23 lol

4. powellx234

powellx234 Member

What I was thinking aswell.. Is it too much to ask how much the insurance is per year?

5. Adam-MGTF

Adam-MGTF Member

It'd be pointless him telling you unless your the same age, live in the same postcode, do the same job, drive the same number of miles, have the same martal status, same driving experiance, park it in the same place, have the same number of points (or lack of) on your licence etc etc etc etc etc

You can't base what you'd pay on what he pays - it doesn't work. If I moved house to my grandmothers which is 1/4 of a mile away my car would cost £72 more to insure than it does here. That's changing nothing else

That's how insurance works... Play the system and it gets cheaper. I'm a Uni student and drive a R33GTST at 24 no problem

6. Reeco

Reeco Member

Thanks alot mate and surprisingly its not too bad (or have i just got too used to paying silly insurance prices?) it's just over £2k a year about £2300 i think, was about a £450 deposit and now £200ish a month for 10 months, give or take a few quid! As Adam-MGTF says, insurance is horseshit and down to a million and one things.
    Postcodes play a major part so check this out Post Code ratings for Car Insurance (I'm B rated) i also have quite a low mileage policy, which isn't actually enforced but i genuinely don't cover much over, if at all the mileage i stated on the quote. i also have a clean license, 2 years NCB and 2 years driving so all that suff helps.
    I didn't find out until recently when i was searching for insurance on a R32 liner that they actually figure your insurance out on body panel repair costs too, so with this being a newer car it wasn't much more expensive than a s13 would be for me, whereas i couldn't even get touched on a skyline for less than 3.5k.
    None of it makes sense when you look at it in a "real world" view and again as adam says you just have to deal with it and ride it out until it drops enough on the car you want unfortunately. i think i just got lucky.

7. Ste333

Ste333 "The Shoulder"

The offsets on those wheels are weak! But cool base car though :) Get cracking....

8. tomski200

tomski200 Member

haha, weak offset is my middle name. Well it's not but thats not the point, He called it a Thunder Wagon, thats good enough for me. Awesome.

9. Reeco

Reeco Member

Haha Thanks, yeah i agree and they definitely wouldn't be my wheel choice, but i should have some spacers ordered by the end of the week and I've got my eye on some 13j SSR professors...just waiting on my tax rebate ;)

Thanks alot! If you hear it you'll understand why its earned its nickname, its past "jap loud", My mate text me telling me he heard me go out sunday morning...he lives on the other side of the village haha

10. tomski200

tomski200 Member

They do sound well. Had the same thing with my mate when he had a screamer piper setup on his r32, used to hear him hooning about all the time. Used to put the kettle on. lol

11. Reeco

Reeco Member

Haha its ace, I'm by no means a chav or a fan of any homosexual European hatch backs with loud exhausts but i do love noisy jap cars!
    Ordered some 20mm spacers as a temporary fix for its eye wateringly terrible stance at the moment until i can afford beefy wheels. Didn't realise until after i bought them though that they take a million years to post and wont be here until roughly the 8th April!

12. latza

latza Member

I had a 350z at 19

£1100 per year fully comp on my own policy

13. nezzi21

nezzi21 Member

What plans you got for this? Really fancy one of these for myself.

14. Big Bear

Big Bear Member

Are they lenso? Lol. Good base mate haven't seen many in black tbh. My mate just got one in silver and unloaded a ton of money on it. Your wheel choice sounds excellent though look forward to seeing them on

15. lewe

lewe Member

look tidy reece, you will be taking tara around castle combe this year ?

16. Reeco

Reeco Member

jammy bitch ;) how may i ask?

I'd say get one mate, they're ace fun! Mikey from jimmy up actually recommended one to me and said it was one of his favourite cars he's drifted! plans wise, the 13j SSR's are being bought for the rears as soon as my tax rebate is here ;) and matching fronts, nice front lip, decent set of coil overs. Just get it looking prettier, it pulls well enough as it is. and then look at engine tweeking. stock internals are supposedly good for 450bhp so we'll see what happens, been frightened off forced induction for a while :)

haha I thought they were on the ad pictures mate, but i think they're eGay reps! they still look alright though...for now at least ;) . cheers! i was looking at silver ones to be fair i think it really compliments there lines. it just happened that a black one popped up when i was looking!

thanks alot! haha yeah definitely still owe her for the session she took me out in the s14! :)

cheers for the comments guys!

17. Big Bear

Big Bear Member

Fuck it get it murdered out with some red headlights haha. Yeah they are better than stock for now man. Are they rear lights aftermarket?

18. Reeco

Reeco Member

Haha I probably will do the murdered out thing! I'm itching to black the door handles lol yeah they are, I actually saw them on a silver 350z a few months ago and thought they were a rare factory option! Turns out they're just bought, and it turns out the previous previous owner had fitted them to mine. Not normally a fan of switching lights but I really like them. I think they're tasteful and not to lexusy. But I'm sure many will disagree.

19. Big Bear

Big Bear Member

Yeah I never got why the door handles were silver lol. Yeah they are not bad I was just making sure I wasn't just imagining things, they didnt look familiar. Looking forward to seeing this progressing mate

20. Reeco

Reeco Member

Haha no your definitely not bud!! Cheers watch this space it'll move fast when I've recouped funds :)