Moving to/working in Japan

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by Aniki+, Mar 13, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Aniki+

Aniki+ New Member

Hi all,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this so first off, apologies if it isnt .

Im currently looking to move to japan and get into the tuning scene and i wanted to see if anyone could shed some light on how difficult/easy it was.

From what ive read the only sticking point for most seem to be visas and the language. Luckily im fluent in japanese and have citizenship so this wont be a problem but ive spent the majority of my life living in london and whilst i do work on my own car, i dnt have experience working in the sector.

If anyone could share their experiences that would be great.

Cheers

2. mint

mint touch my fruit

I'll trade you your visa for my experience on working with cars :p lol.

You have 2 boxes tick'd. Get your ass over there pronto and start rubbing shoulders with the garages. If you can speak fluent you have no issues man. Just go learn how to do stuff.. Got wish I was in your shoes! :D Best of luck.

3. Aniki+

Aniki+ New Member

Lol cheers pal!

Im flyin off on saturday and will b there for 2 weeks so will make the most of it and see how it goes :)

4. mint

mint touch my fruit

Sugoi ne!
    Where did you learn Japanese? All the colleges up here wouldnt do a Japanese course :( Iv been self learning and only learning from when I was there. God.. I miss that place so much sometimes.

Ja ne

5. Autospecs

Autospecs JDM Car Export

Citizenship really, you must have been born to Japanese parents or lived in japan for along time and renounced your original country of births citizenship, amazing.

6. Aniki+

Aniki+ New Member

Yeah i only learnt through speaking with grandparents,watching anime and reading car magazines.

Ha! Yeah my parents are japanese and moved to the uk when i was really young cos of my dads work.