1979 Gen1 Toyota Chaser, Manual, RWD, 1800cc

Thread in 'Drift cars for sale' started by GETitSIDEways, Jan 7, 2017.

1. GETitSIDEways

GETitSIDEways Mutha Funka

£6,250. This will make the perfect V8 or JZ engine swap. Can PX for a cheaper car.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/292141817788

20170506_1705411_zps3jiybkn6.

s-l1600.

s-l1600.

Please follow the ebay link for pictures. I have more pictures on my phone so just ask and I will email if your genuinely interested.
    This retro Chaser would make an awesome track project with a solid shell and giant engine bay or simply pimp around and use it as a cool commuter.

I am up for a haggle and a possible trade if its mostly cash my way.

38 year old Classic/Retro Toyota. Its in incredible condition for its age as its only covered 30,000miles (49,000kms) and been dry stored for years.

Imported from japan last year where it was dry stored and dry stored here in the UK.

Not sure if there is another one in the country but this is a super rare car. No previous UK owners on the V5.

Its a RWD with a 4 Cylinder 1800cc and 4 speed manual transmission. Everything works including the air conditioning, even the original radio.
    It has a long MOT (OCT 2017) and really comfortable to drive.

There are very few problems with it and has less rust than alot of modern cars, this truly has dodged time and escaped from salty roads. It has a dented drivers door but this is an easy job for any good bodyshop. The chassis and under-body is rust free with a small spot of rust on the rear quarter panel and a few spots on the boot lid. The sills are solid and all suspension components, mounts and related items. There are 2 age related cracks on the dash board and thats about it.

I highly recommend this car if you are a Collector, Toyota enthusiast or someone that wants to own a classic car without having to fully refurb it before you can enjoy driving it. Parts are easily imported from Japan and with a bit of research you will find alot of common parts and with that huge engine-bay fitting a nice powerful V8 could be a real cool thing to do at some time considering the body and chassis are so good.

Please come and visit if your truly interested as its well worth viewing and I will miss her dearly.

The specs:

• Generation1 1979 Toyota Chaser XL, (VIN: TX40026904)
      • 1800cc (1770cc) 13T-U with twin carbs
      • 4 speed manual transmission
      • Fitted with 4 Genuine, expensive, Super rare SSR Longchamp alloy wheels with brand new Toyo Proxes T1R tyres. The wheels cost me £1000 secondhand and that is without tyres.
      • Original wheels come supplied with the car too. (x4)
      • All the trim is complete and in original condition.
      • Long MOT
    Its a really hard car to price so I have been realistic considering how rare it is, the condition its in and its age, many 70's cars are £10k plus.

£6,250 is the cash asking price but I will consider any good offers.

Feel free to inquire and ask any questions or to arrange a viewing: Call Dj 07846 884174, Daventry Northamptonshire, NN11 8PG.

Nationwide delivery available at extra cost.

#1 GETitSIDEways, Jan 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  2. GETitSIDEways

No Brave souls looking for something different?

3. docwra

docwra Active Member

Dude, its been dry stored and only done 30K, it would be a travesty to make that into a track car or engine swap it.

Double the asking price and stick it on classiccarsforsale.co.uk ;)

4. Mrodoc

Mrodoc Member

saw this on eBay last night, gorgeous car, if only i had some expendable income :(
    free bump - GLWS

5. Mitch

Mitch In moderation

Yep. If my SR86 goes, I'm tempted to buy this, tidy it up and chuck it in my garage for a few years.

6. trebor69

trebor69 Member

Seen this in the flesh......lovely car.

7. GETitSIDEways

Hi All....

We still have this - Open to offers and a cheaper PX, no swapping.

8. GETitSIDEways

Haaa, Your so right - The problem is that Joe Shmoe just don't know what this is and will only react or recognise when you add the standard and very predictive modification suggestion of adding a 1 or 2J ....

Its a cool car and we want to buy more like it, but if they don't sell its a pointless and costly activity... Stick your fingers up to the government and insurance companies and roll in a classic.

Anyway Price dropped to £7,950, cool PX's with a bag of money accepted.

9. GETitSIDEways

Still go this Chaser, unfortunately 3 out of 3 viewers liked it, wanted it but could not raise the funds, so still available.

Price drop to £6,500

10. GETitSIDEways

Still for Sale....The old girl is still sat in the corner, I take it out for a drive when I get the time and its running sweet.

I can do all sorts of deals on this car and PX's, so hit me with your offers.

11. GETitSIDEways

Still here and another bump to get in gone, and another price reduction £6,250. Its on course for been thrown outside under a sheet as more customer cars are taking over the workshop with very little space for dry storage. If I did not have 4 projects on the go then I would be all over it...

This will make an ideal retro drifter if your looking to break from the norm and love a dabble on the tools, get a JZ motor thrown in or the (typical) 1UZ, football pitch sized engine bay, shit tons of space underneath with symmetrical mounting points and sub-frames were you would want them to be for a conversion. McPherson style set up on the front and AE86 style 4 link axle at the back.

EASY F***** PEASY.

12. GETitSIDEways