1986 Toyota Corolla GT AE86, drift/track spec, rollcage, bucket seat, 2-way LSD etc

Thread in 'Drift cars for sale' started by 20vWill, Dec 20, 2007.

1. 20vWill

20vWill Active Member

The legendary Eurolevin!

dirtdropdonny.

DSC_0038.sized.

DSC_0045.sized.

Competition proven, fantastic car to learn in. This car taught me most of what I know now about driving.

Very late 1986 (almost a 1987!) facelift spec, the last revision of the UK/European Corolla GT Coupe (came with tweed seats etc)

Left hand drive (WRC style!). Belgian import. All paperwork present and correct.

Not yet UK registered - Just needs an MOT and insurance to register it on UK plates, or it can remain unregistered for track/competition use

Solid condition shell and bodywork, minimal rust but paintwork could do with some loving in places, but this was never meant to be a showcar!

Current Spec:

Exterior

Original silver over graphite bodywork, OK condition, not great but not terrible either but could do with some tidying and/or a respray!

Sunroof removed and replaced with a simple aluminium panel for light weight and no fuss. No leaks, but looks a bit ghetto. Complete original sunroof & mechanism included if you want it back to stock.

Rolled wheel arch lips all round for clearance allowing WIDE wheels and offsets! I've run 14 x 8.5J ET-13 rears and 14 x 8J ET-8 fronts with no issues.

Competition spec bonnet pins

Zenki front bumper and lip spoiler (the coolest combo). Bumper is tatty but works and looks cool!

Kouki rear bumper

Kouki lights and grille

Bootlid has spoiler removed so there are holes that want either filling or using as boot pin holes. Rear spoiler included if you want it back to stock.

Choice of wheels:

Stock Toyota facelift Corolla GT Coupe wheels (Intra 14 x 6J ET21 multispoke)

Polished MA61 Celica Supra wheels (deep 14 x 7J ET8)

Will come with good tyres of course.

Spare wheels package for drifting negotiable.

Suspension & Steering

TRD race-height short stroke coilover conversion (THE best set-up for any lowered AE86) carried out by a Toyota Team Europe/Toyota F1 engineer!

Eibach coilover springs and Ground Control aluminium sleeve and perch (Very sweet and no rust problems with the hard anodized aluminium!!).

Tokico HTS top-adjustable shocks (renowned as the best AE86 shocks available).

These coilovers are incredible quality and the stiffness is perfect for drifting and the huge damping range in the shocks can make the ride very comfortable too if required. Handling is incredible.

TRD race-height rear springs, Tokico HTS adjustable rear shocks.

Spring rate is 8kg front, 6kg rear. The most popular choice for AE86 track/drift cars.

T3 camber adjustable top mounts (the best top mounts available for the AE86)

T3 roller bearing top hats for lighter and smoother steering

FULL TRD uprated bushings set fitted.

Battleversion kit #2 installed for as much steering lock as you could ever want!

Manual steering rack for most lock

New tie-rods and ends (OEM Toyota)

T3 negative camber RCA's. Gives wider front track and more clearance for more steering angle. Eliminates bump steer, helps steering feel and reduces understeer.

New lower arms (with new ball joints and new TRD bushes)

T3 Tri-Bar alloy front strut brace

T3 adjustable Panhard rod with brand new 3-piece Teflon-lined FK rod-ends

TRD bushed 4-links

Transmission

Standard 5-speed T50 manual box with fresh gearbox oil

Standard clutch in decent condition

Clutch fluid flushed and renewed (DOT 4 synthetic)

Diff professionally rebuilt with the following:

Cusco 2-way LSD

NEW Toyota OEM 4.778:1 final drive (was over £300)

ALL NEW bearings (over £200 worth)

NEW crush sleeve, pinion seal and pinion nut (another £40 worth!)

Professionally set-up with a competition-biased gear mesh and higher bearing preload for
    best strength under track/drift conditions

Re-useable custom rubber diff gasket

Fresh Esso LSD oil

Engine

Recently replaced standard 4AGE 16v bluetop (large port). This engine has covered 75,000 miles. It runs perfectly and is mechanically quiet. Fresh oil and filter.

Pulls strongly, no hesitation at any revs.

Always run on 99 RON fuel

New cambelt

Oil & filter religiously changed every 3000 miles

Oil cooler

Fresh coolant

APEXi induction kit

TRD engine mounts

TRD plug wires

Samco Sport radiator hoses

New fuel tank (OEM Toyota), coated in black Hammerite before installing

3S-GE Celica GT fuel pump (to support around 180-200bhp if required)

Custom under-axle exhaust with Toyota Team Europe performance back box (by Remus). Sporty but not too loud at all.

Only fault is a blow from the manifold/downpipe join - not a big deal at all, it's just we didn't have any of the correct exhaust repair/sealing paste when joining it back up so used exhaust putty which lasted for a few weeks before leaking! Will sort this if I get the chance!

Brakes

Mintex M1144 pads all round

New DOT4 synthetic fluid

Black Diamond braided brake lines (full kit)

Handbrake spin-turn/drift button

Interior

Wiechers Sport bolt-in 6 point rollcage with door bars. Great quality and fit, made in Germany to FIA standard. Proper competition cage (no dash dodging uprights, tube specs as per EDC/BDC/MSA regs)

Sparco Rev FIA approved bucket seat

FIA approved 4-point harness

Lifeline Zero 2000 Club Fire Marshal 2.25L extinguisher kit, fully plumbed-in with external pull-cable

Totally stripped interior. All sound deadening removed and floor painted. This car is LIGHT!

Black dash in great condition with glovebox

Personal suede steering wheel and Momo boss

Sparco racing pedals

BAD POINTS

Needs a new windscreen (about £100, or free on insurance? ;) ). A small chip has become a long spreading crack... still driveable, no leaks etc but will need seeing to at some point in the future.

Could do with a new o/s front wing (new wing supplied with car)

Body is far from mint but still very solid.

Overall, this is a very well-specced, 100% reliable and well-maintained AE86 drift/track car. It has the best suspension around, a proper roll cage, plumbed-in fire extinguisher, FIA bucket seat/harness and is ready to drift!

As stated this is a competition/track car and is certainly not the straightest/mintest example you will find, but she handles and drifts incredibley well. And is actually pretty quick now she has the new 4.778:1 final drive ratio!

Would make a great base for a winning BDC car or even a competitive EDC car with a bigger/posher engine and some tidying-up. The chassis/suspension is more than up to the job.

Would also make a great track day car or even a rally car.

Price is £4495 with above spec. It cost far more than this to build and you could write off the shell and get more than that back in parts!!

I am VERY FLEXIBLE, and of course open to offers and can adjust spec to suit your budget/use - for example I could fit Bilsten rally suspension instead of the short-stroke coilovers, different LSD, seat etc etc).

I will miss this car a lot. It is everything a drift AE86 should be!

UK mainland delivery possible at cost (round trip).

More pics:

Dcp_3806.

Tripleplease.

EuroatDonny.

#1 20vWill, Dec 20, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2007
  2. 20vWill

20vWill Active Member

More pics... I love this car! :cry: Everyone loves this car! :cry:

DSC_0137.sized.

DSC_0202.sized.

DSC_0397.sized.

DSC_0140.sized.

DSC_0048.sized.

She's not MINT! ;)

DSC_0232.sized.

DSC_0287.sized.

DSC_0452.sized.

HAHAHAHA look, the legendary Phil Morrison getting some LHD practice in for Irwindale HAHAHAHA.... :worthy:

DSC_0187.sized.

#2 20vWill, Dec 20, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2007
  3. Brunosr13

Brunosr13 old school fun

Fuck, why you sell this legend? :(

Hope this go to a good home.

4. JD07

JD07 Member

The car looks awesome:worthy:, i'll let my bro know 2morro he is looking for one and this one needs to be with it's little sister(see sig:rolleyes:) and it would be cool if it would come back to belgium, not that pricey either.

5. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

My favouritestestest 86 in the UK. Didnt even realise you still owned it!

6. jap-si

jap-si Active Member

cool car looks hard, even harder in the flesh and gets driven like every corolla should. bump.

7. angrydan

angrydan raaage

dude, this is a hame man, i never got to twin with ya, let alone actually see u skid it!!!
    there best be a better reason for selling then needing money?!?!?
    this car is badass, its drift, its what 86 drifting is!!!
    hope she sells for u dude, and gets used to it potentional aswell

8. 20vWill

20vWill Active Member

Me too Capron! :cry:

She's a pretty awesome drift car! Far from the mintest, but a great useable AE86 that delivers the goods! Would be amazing to see her return to Belgium and get some proper use around Europe's tracks! All the paperwork is with the car of course.

Yeah man, my favouritiest too. Man she rocks it hard, so mean, and all about being driven. All those pics can't lie.

9. 20vWill

20vWill Active Member

Cheers mayed! She has the prescence. Mean and purposeful.

Thanks mate. If it does sell quickly the shame would be that we never had some fun on track (or "track" ;) ) together lad :( . The times on track with Pazzy and Jay were the best, and you would have been like a wee cherry on the top of a big sexy Corolla cake.

But... erm... yeah, it's badass and it's what drift and 86 drifting should be about, ie the driving - nevermind the bollocks (as a great man once said).

Whoever buys it will use it correctly I'm sure! A car like this can only attract real drivers who want to drive. It taught me most of what I know. I would suck if it wasn't for this car!!

Space, time and money issues are why she is for sale unfortunately. In an ideal world I'd keep her forever as it is just the perfect AE86 to be used in anger.

#9 20vWill, Dec 21, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2007
  10. Paz

Paz -NIGHTSPIRIT FAMILY- UK Drift Since 2001

No way... My twin drifting partner.. sniff..

11. topi

topi KlutchKickKidz

Total baddage one wheels, it has such an attitude about it.

Sure it won't be around long! Shame.

12. rikard

rikard Member

Looking good Will. Ýou know how many cold nights I spent putting that car together :( My wife did not speak to me for weeks!
    The funny bit is that I sold it to buy a piece of land in Trinidad and by the end of today I will have sold that piece of land :smash::(

13. 20vWill

20vWill Active Member

Haha... a lot of cold nights I know! But she is well worth it! The wife forgave you when I drove off though right? ;)

And a lot of cold days and hard cash spent on her by me too mate! She was a great car when she left you and is even better now!

Oh if she could talk the tales she would tell. Spa, Silverstone, Teesside, Donington... Great times :)

14. rikard

rikard Member

Yes, it is a good "real" car. I also did many track days with it at Croix in France and night time pratices around Brussels :-)
    To give you some history: The HTS shocks actually came straight from Tokico through the Manager for sport conversion in Toyota Japan and the coilovers were welded by the same guy that maintained the WRC Coroallas back in the days :-)

Good luck with the sale, hope it goes to a good home:thumbs:

15. Mitch

Mitch In moderation

Bump for a legendary car. I thought it had changed hands a while back for some reason.

Good luck with the sale, though I'm sure you'll be gutted when you hand over the keys :(

16. The Big Yin

The Big Yin Active Member

dont sell it ya big gay Scott :p

17. Black Betty

Black Betty Bamalam

No way William! I thought the 20v would go before this tbh!

I have been lucky enough to drive this car and get some tuition from Will himself, and its just sooooo cool! Awesome seats, and a perfect driving position just makes you feel at ease with it! You dont even notice its LHD when your playing around skidding!

Dont forget people LHD 86's are perfect for a hot 4AG as there is no issues with with throttle body and trumpet clearance with the brake and clutch master cylinder! So you can have massively long trumpets and inlet tracks to allow the hotest of 4AG's to suck in small children through the inner wing!

I want it!!!!!!!!! :nod:

This car was the reason for me buying a 2 door!!!

18. silvia69

silvia69 spl street master

good luck with the sale dude,awesome car

19. rizk

rizk Member

Oh i'm quite tempted to buy this, could even get it registered over here.
    (Can't register RHD cars in Norgay)

20. rikard

rikard Member

And it was originally built by a semo Norwegian so you know the car is real good :thumbs: