1991 BMW E34 M50 Turbo

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by StraightSixMisfits, Oct 7, 2018.

Tags:
  1. StraightSixMisfits

StraightSixMisfits New Member

So I´m new here and I had a lot of people tell me I should do a build thread somewhere and since I´m going to usw this car mainly as a drifter I figured this would be the best place.

This is the ongoing story of my piece of s**t E34 and how much I love it.

I bought this car in June this year and was happy as I could be, finally owning one of my most loved cars. WhatsApp Image 2018-10-07 at 13.11.12. WhatsApp Image 2018-10-07 at 13.11.11.
    Just after 2 Days I put it on a lift in our shop to check everythring but I wasnt very worried as it had (for us Germans its Tüv I guess for you guys it MOT?) a fresh Tüv inspection. Only to find out the previous owner had covered 27 years of rust and bad ownership in about 2.5cm of underbody protection. It basically had rust on every panel of the car. I spent the last few month tearing the car apart and removing all of it so now its as rust free as it gets (I have more pictures coming).
    WhatsApp Image 2018-10-07 at 13.11.13.
    WhatsApp Image 2018-10-07 at 13.11.13 (1).
    WhatsApp Image 2018-10-07 at 13.11.15 (1).
    WhatsApp Image 2018-10-07 at 13.11.14.

So then I thought what I should do with the engine since I already put so much effort, time, money and espacially blood into it so I dont want to leave it stock.
    The soloution is an M50B25 stroker turbo with a little over 3.0L and almost an equal boreXstroke (86.0x87.0). I am currently at the point of pulling the engine and rebuilding the differential so expect to see a lot of photos from that next.
    I will make sure to update this thread as I do more work on my lovely pile of junk.

2. Repetitio

Repetitio Member

Nice to see someone from germany here.
    You plan any drift events next year? Good luck with the engine build, looking forward ;)

3. StraightSixMisfits

StraightSixMisfits New Member

Yea I actually do. If everything goes right obviously (wich it probably wont :D) but Im currently pulling the engine to put the new internals in. Sadly I cant get my cage fabricated until summer next year so I dont know when I will attend an event