1992 Mazda MX5 1.6, Low Miles, HSD's, Welder, Hard Top etc. - PX Possible.

Thread in 'Drift cars for sale' started by Francis, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Francis

Francis Member

I'm thinking about selling my skid car to fund something with back seats, as I'm in need of something slightly more practical. Am after a cash sale, or a P/X with something that has rear seats, so S14/BMW/yada yada.

It's a 1992, UK model. 114bhp 1.6. It has 89k genuine miles on the clock. Comes complete with a whole bunch of history, all the old MOT's, original handbook/owners manual/service book etc, both sets of keys, and a box of spares (airbox, mats, etc) as well as various receipts for other parts/work done.

I must state that although the car is absolutely 100% together mechanically, it's a skid car. If you want some sort of lifestyer car you can take arty photos of your wheel fitment in dimly lit car parks with, I'd look elsewhere. It's been built to be driven. The engine is an absolute peach, never uses a drop of oil/coolant, never overheats even after a serious session and there are no knocks or rattles from anywhere. The underneath is decent. The only downsides are the exterior bodywork. Although the sills are fine (just gone through an MOT) the fiberglass arches are a bit tatty and the paintjob on the hardtop isn't amazing. The drivers side front wing has a little bit of damage right at the very bottom (along the black sill line) where some muppet jacked it up in the wrong place, but this is literally just the wing and the sill behind is fine. Not really noticable but worth a mention. A new wing is £15 cash in the right colour from my local breakers, so if this really does bother you I can go pick one up and bolt it on.

Besides that, it skids great, drives great, and if you really wanted you could tart it up for around £130 a side if you want to ponce around in it looking all fancy. :thumbs:

Anyway, the spec is as follows:

1992 UK MX5 1.6 - White
    Power Steering (uprated fluid), Electric Windows, etc.
    MOT 'till March 2014
    TAX 'till October 2013
    HSD DualTech Coilovers (less than 1,000 miles)
    1.8 Welded Diff
    Full Decat Exhaust with Jap style silencer
    Induction Kit
    Hard Top inc. Side Latches
    Fiberglass Wide Arches
    Rota Alecia 15x8 et0 Wheels
    Toyo Proxes
    Titanium Wheel Nuts
    Bootlid Spoiler
    Lazy Eye Kit
    Sony Bluetooth CD/MP3/USB/AUX Head Unit
    JVC Door Speakers
    Aftermarket Wing Mirrors
    Offset plate bracket
    Dished Steering Wheel
    Foamectomied Driver/Passenger seats
    Stripped Interior

Recent service the other week, and I'll include a genuine filter/5 litres of oil with the car for the next one. I changed the plugs out for iridium items at the same time as well as swapping out the gearbox and turrent oil. Discs/pads on the front are newish, rear tyres are a few weeks old, power steering fluid has just been changed, and the timimg belt was changed last year (with receipts etc.)

The kinda cash I'm looking for is £1,500ono. That doesn't even cover the cost of bog-standard car and the coilovers, so I think that's a pretty good deal? I'm open to offers and PX's though so get in touch. :nod:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#1 Francis, Apr 28, 2013
    Last edited: May 3, 2013
  2. LilAndy94

LilAndy94 Member

I need that wheel!!

3. Francis

Francis Member

I'll sell the wheel for £1,600 and I'll even throw in the rest of the car, 'cos I'm nice like that.

4. leeg

leeg Member

Have you still got the carpet and door cards??

5. Francis

Francis Member

Yes I do.

6. Ridders92

Ridders92 Member

See you tonight mate :)

7. Francis

Francis Member

Reduced - £1,500ono.

8. toadthepimp

toadthepimp Member