1992 Mk2 Volkswagen Golf - Coilies/Rimmage

Thread in 'Misc for sale' started by TR., Oct 6, 2010.

1. TR.

TR. Member

Ok so it's wrong wheel drive... but not bad at all considering :p

Hey folks, for sale here is my '92 1.8 Driver, as it's one of the last Mk2 Drivers it has the 1.8 engine, plenty pokey for what it is, everything running as it should, bit cheaper on insurance than a GTI too while not really being any slower.

I haven't seen many this colour, it's a metallic green as you can probably see from the pics ;) , a bit of google bashing had me thinking it was Montana Green but I only seem to see it on US Mk2's so guess it's something else... either way, this is my 7th Mk2, 15th VW, and I'm always looking and haven't seen another like this, and it's definitely factory.

Was totally original until a month ago, I got it as a stop gap to get about in while I finish a project off, I was told it's had 4 owners from new but didn't bother looking at the ridiculous amount of history and receipts I got given with the car. Basically the dude who owned it previous to the last owner before me had owned it pretty much from new, then had to move to Portugal and couldn't afford/thought it would be too inconvenient to take it with him, so sold it to a local woman who used it as a run about while her new Kia 4x4 thing was getting it's head gasket done, then sold it to myself :D

I got it home, and the same night me and my right hand man Joel (not in a gay way mind) from the local Audi dealers threw on a new set of JOM coilovers I had kicking about, put on some rattle-can-white Borbet BS's to 90's it up a bit, sorted the dodgy driveshaft out by replacing it, and I drove it until now when I no longer need it.

It comes with a set of 15" satin black 5 spoke alloys, unbranded but not too offensive, with nearly new 195/50 Silverstone tyres that are currently on the car, and it will also come with the 15" white Borbet BS wheels (pictured) with stretched Bridgestone 165/50 tyres. I had to take these off as 2 of the tyres need replacing.

I also fitted a CD player, it's only a Ripspeed jobbie but it plays CD's, so hey :p

I also have a red stripe front bumper to match the rear one that's on the car, a load of spare interior plastics and switches, a spare re-conditioned starter motor, and whatever other Mk2 spares I can find which there will probably be a lot more of as I will no longer need any of them as I'm turning Japanese.

The car is very clean underneath, putting my previous tidy '97 Vento to shame, mechanically it's perfect and I drive it daily, interior is not the nicest trim but is in very good condition all the same, the outside cleans up well, however there are a couple of small dents on driver's side. One in the rear quarter as you can see and one in the door, like a football dent but smaller. A little cosmetic work and this would be an awesome example of a Mk2 a bit different to most you see, plus the colour and Borbets suit the early mid-skool look sooo well in my opinion. Bit of MOT and Tax, so ready to go, somebody give it a good home.

£750 all in, plenty plenty cheap in all fairness :)

Located BA3 2HN between Bath/Bristol

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Ady682

Ady682 Member

my first car was a 1.8 driver, best car ever, if i was in market for a daily i would be wanting this.

3. counteract

counteract -o=me

I'm gonna get onto a friend for you, he's only about 20 minutes away, and I'm sick of his 1.6td mk2. If he has the money I think he could be interested. He is always skint though!

4. stuartstaples

stuartstaples Berg Cup FTW

Monza green I think :)

Nice car. Can't beat a mk2 ;)

[​IMG]

5. cefiro_drifta

cefiro_drifta Mad pointing Munky

Interested in a e36 318ti ?

6. xcore

xcore Member

mk2s FTW! my lil one
    [​IMG]