From grip to drift

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by Natthapon, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Natthapon

Natthapon Member

Please don't lynch me up.. Been on here for a while mainly just looking at project threads and looking to see what comes up for sale.. Never really been into the whole drifting scene always preferred track days. So what's the best advice you can give to a total new guy to drifting. What jap car would you recommend to buy and drift for a first drift car and first mods?

2. Snowdrift

Snowdrift Member

Im also completely new to driffting so take my suggestions with a pinch of salt :p

From what i understand the most common jap drifters are S bodies (s13, ps13, s14, s14a, s15) R32/33 gts-t's, soarers and ae86's. And probably a few more.

As far as mods go i plan on just welding the diff and getting to a practice day soon in my r33.

3. t3nhp

t3nhp Member

Dont forget 3 series bmw's, rwd volvos mazda mx5 ect. All i would say buy a car where spares are readily available and cheap as it will get bent.

4. sanpuu

sanpuu Member

E36 bmw is very good and cheap way to start drifting. Later, when you know what you want, you can choose jap turbo models, IMO.

5. DIoX|DaZ

DIoX|DaZ Member

i think cheapest would be s13, with welded diff ^^

6. batesie_boy

batesie_boy New Member

Oh right Ad, so that's why you brought an S12 and mk3 turbo Supra, the parts are readily available for those!! Hahaha...

Seriously though I started in an e36 I paid £700 for and it was a great starter. The scrap yards are full of them for spares!