For Sale 1996 540 4.4 6 Speed Manual, Quaife, HSD, £5500, Lincoln

Thread in 'Drift cars for sale' started by James998, Jun 29, 2017.

1. James998

James998 Member

1996 E39 BMW 540 4.4 non-vanos factory 6 speed manual.

I've had this just over a year and done probably 6-7000 miles in it, with 2 trips to Germany included in that (3500+ miles!). I work abroad so it is garaged for over 80% of the year. I could not have wanted anything more out of the car it has been absolutely perfect, and looking at the condition of it, it has definitely been well looked after over the course of its life. Ticked over 201,000 miles on my last trip to Europe, but drives like a new car. It has a full sports kit with sports seats which are the single best colour combination I have ever seen, the back seats look like they have never even been sat in.

During my ownership i've fitted the following;
    HSD Monopro coilovers, at the same time I had the car set up properly, it drives beautifully on the road and is quite the machine around a track,
    Quaife ATB differential, I bought this brand new from Birds and had it built into an M5 casing, using an M5 propshaft to complete the swap,
    Brembo dimpled/grooved brake discs with EBC Yellowstuff pads all around,
    HEL braided brake lines all around,
    3" backbox delete pipe into twin 2 1/4" tailpipes, this looks almost factory and not stupid, and sounds absolutely unreal without being horrendously loud and annoying on the motorway,
    Nankang NS2-R tyres all around on the Style 5s,
    15mm wheel spacers all around.

Maintenance that I remember since i've owned it;
    Cam sensor, rear balljoints/H links, lower sump gasket (obviously including oil/filter), service parts including spark plugs/air filter etc.
    When I first found it and saw the photos online, I thought there was no way it was as clean in person as it appeared in the photos, and after viewing/buying it in the pouring rain I expected to be disappointed the following day but I wasn't at all, there is a scratch on the back bumper that you can see on one of the photos and some lacquer peel on the bonnet. Apart from those issues there is no damage and no rust on the car at all, underneath it is very clean and all jacking points etc. are solid. I had it MOTd last time I was home (April) and it flew through.

I have the staggered BBS Style 42 18x8 and 18x9 with Pirelli/Avon slicks freshly powder coated available separately to the car.

Not even thought about changing this until today and certainly in no rush to move it on. I would be interested in a part-ex, but ONLY for a well-sorted classic Mini, as that is the only car I would be changing this for.

Any questions please forward them my way. In my opinion this is 80% an M5 without 80% of the associated running costs, did 24mpg average on our run to Munich and back last year with 3 people, camping gear and a lot of beer on board!

Car is located just outside of Lincoln, LN69

£5500

IMG1918.

IMG1921.

IMG0015.

IMG0016.

IMG5387.

IMG5420.

IMG1862.

[​IMG]

IMG5505.

Cheers.