1jz gte vvti, mazda rx7 fd3s

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Miles Hatton, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Miles Hatton

Miles Hatton New Member

Hi,

Im really struggling to get my 1jz to run thats out of a manual jzx100.

Ive swapped it into my 1993 mazda rx7 fd3s.

Ive followed a few youtube videos and guides online with still no luck in getting her to fire up.
    She will crank, but no spark, and no injector pulse, but they have the 12v at the hot side.
    Ive replaced cam and crank sensor and still no luck.
    The plugs to my coil packs were knackered so i replaced those to still no fix i havent changed the coil packs.
    Ive tried a second manual jzx100 ecu and ignitor to see if that was the problem with no change.

Any help would be massively appreciated.

received_574350473021725.

2. Marcusbelfast

Marcusbelfast New Member

Sorry I can’t help you out but I am in the same boat I’ll be swapping An sr into an fd, should fuck off a few people but fuck them all, great to see people having a good idea and going for it. You got any pics of your engine mounts and subframe?

3. Miles Hatton

Miles Hatton New Member

Hi buddy, im a actually on revision to mate because i went with a different gearbox and it mucked the shifter postion up. More than happy to share things though.

My instagram is @rx7_miles

4. Marcusbelfast

Marcusbelfast New Member

Don’t have insta but can see your page, looks good I considered the 1jz route but didn’t wanna deal with the Notorious bump steer Issues hoping my sr clears the steering rack so I don’t need to move it lol

5. Miles Hatton

Miles Hatton New Member

I have a sr swapped mate if you wanna have a chat with him