1jz manual soarer project

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Adam s, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Adam s

Adam s Member

i swapped this soarer for my navan s14 daily with craig from precition drift clothing. iv had it a couple of months now and its just been sat on my drive while i was collecting bits for it. it was taking me to long to get the bits together so i sold my r32 and bought most of these bits and now iv got everything delivered thought id put a thread up.

heres some pics of how i got the car
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i got all my parts delivered last week, i got this box from driftworks
    [​IMG]

theres a hydo wand and lines, 2 tow hooks and some aero catches. i also got another box from driftworks with my bgw in it
    [​IMG]

this box got delivered from conceptua
    [​IMG]

theres a stage 2 clutch in there, cambelt kit, front and rear crank seals and an oil filter

last weekend i had a road trip to wales to collect these
    [​IMG]

and iv had these new wheels for a few weeks
    [​IMG]

these will be my skid rims and im getting some 18x10 grids, i dont want to use the eurolines for drifting i would never be able to replace one if i bent it

thats most of the bits iv been collecting tomorow the cars going up to matt at slide motorsport in wakefield to get the crankseals changed because there leaking, the cambelt kit, clutch, and coilovers fitted and also hes going to do me some mod for some lock

and then as soon as i get it back i will be getting it into the bodyshop where i work to fit the rest of the parts iv been collecting aswel as this nismo vent

[​IMG]

and iv got these spats off of an r32 im going to see what they look like on the car im not to shure if they will look good or not. if they look rubish i will get a vertex rear bumper

[​IMG]

once iv rolled the arches and got the car preped it will be getting painted battleship grey gloss and all my rotas will be getting painted black. i painted jaymosx's s13 the same colour yesterday heres a pic of what colour it will be
    [​IMG]

then once its done i will be at as many skid days as possible and all the buxton days just hope i get to the final of odc at mallory park.

2. Adam s

Adam s Member

iv just droped the soarer off at slide motorsport for the work to be done on it, as soon as its back i will be painting it and making it my own.

i dont no wether to keep the stickerbombed bumper or to paint it same colour as the car

3. markturbo

markturbo Tarmac scrapper

Awesome, been waiting for you to get a project thread up mate, all you other cars have turned out amazing looking forward to this one.

Front bumper all one colour :thumbs:

4. Joe-sef

Joe-sef -Broseph-

awesome mate, look forward to seeing it at buxton

5. Jme

Jme Member

1jz takeover, more like soarer takeover. love it!

#5 Jme, Feb 1, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2011
  6. V-con Pro

V-con Pro Active Member

im watching this one :thumbs:

7. magicmat

magicmat Active Member

Sweet project Adam, saw this up at Slide and its going to be a great base !

8. euro sbd

euro sbd Active Member

at last mate, cant wait to see what you do with it

9. Adam s

Adam s Member

As soon as iv got it back from slide motorsport the updates will be coming fast with the body/paint work. it's going in the corner at work so I can work on it inbetween paying jobs. I want it painted and looking awsome by the first odc at Buxton

10. Adam s

Adam s Member

Me and Jaymosx had a road trip yesterday down to garage southern style. It was a long drive but worth it I did a deal with jack for these

[​IMG]

There 18x10 et15 so shold fill the Soarer's big arches nicely

11. Yellow 14a

Yellow 14a Member

12. magicmat

magicmat Active Member

Nice one mate, and that is a big road trip!

13. Adam s

Adam s Member

Just got this pic from Matt at slide motorsport the coilovers and new wheels on I will need a good roll on the arches to get it low
    [​IMG]

14. Ashleyyyy

Ashleyyyy Member

Transformer centre caps? AWESOME.

15. Liam.

Liam. Active Member

Cant wait to see this finished mate! I cant wait to see it at aulton park! I have got a load of bits for the 32 now .

16. euro sbd

euro sbd Active Member

the new rims look propper awesome, thought it was a mistake getting rid of the eurolines but ive been proved wrong, the rotas look spot on buddy

17. Jaymo_sx

Jaymo_sx Well-Known Member

This thing is going to be rad!!

:D

18. Adam s

Adam s Member

update time

i got the car back off matt at slide motorsport on friday. matts done an awsome job on the car its now got seats, loads of lock, hydro wand plumbed in, coilovers fitted and a new clutch and lightwaight flywheel

pic of seats and wand
    [​IMG]

i spent all day saturday rolling my arches so the grids dont catch and filling all the dents on the car and getting them primed up so i can paint the car next weekend.

pic of the car on its new wheels
    [​IMG]

after spending all day saturday fixing the dents i thought it would be a good idea to go to blyton today and see how the new car drifted.

i had an awsome day the car drove good all day nothing broke and the best part of the day i got praise off si perry for consistent driving and linking the track he said i was goin hard and drifting good.

i had a couple of little bumps though my first lap out i ended up in the wet sludgey sand and did this
    [​IMG]

think i will buy a new full bodykit because the bumpers a mess. i also cliped a hay bail with the rear quater and bumper
    [​IMG]

so with the damage and all the mud the soarer is looking very sorry for its self
    [​IMG]

so my plan for the next couple of weeks are to get a full new bodykit make some drag mounts for the bgw and get it painted so it doesnt look like a shed enymore.

im so happy with how it skids and drives i would recomend matt at slide motorsport to enyone hes transformed the car.

sorry for the rubbish pics my phones not the best

19. magicmat

magicmat Active Member

Really Glad i came to blyton today fella, I wanted to do some more welding on the car but couldn't resist coming along :)

Car is looking really good, Was good to have a nosey in the daylight rather than in the dark at Slide. But this will be awesome when finished !

Kept trying to catch you for a passenger ride but kept missing ya :( Next time i'll have to book a time with ya !

20. Adam s

Adam s Member

Shure you will be at the next blyton day mate to get a passenger ride hopefully I will have it painted and looking half decent by then