1JZ Soarer (my good car)

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by 1N5_N15, Mar 27, 2015.

1. 1N5_N15

1N5_N15 Member

Just before new years i got myself a soarer with a blown clutch and in need of some love which i was capable of providing. Eventually.

Few specifics of the car:
    -1jz-gte
    -R154
    -6 puck solid center clutch
    -big alloy radiator
    -high mount flows
    -T78 turbo
    -44mm wastegate
    -3" exhaust
    -fmic
    -coilovers
    -bn kit
    -19x8.5 and 19x10 wheels

Have a few pictures of it from when i got it but will post them later

2. 1N5_N15

1N5_N15 Member

I took this to my first track day end of february which was pretty cool and i have a few photos from it to share, there are a lot more videos than photos to get up some time few really good videos of my mates A31 cefiro

loaded up the night before

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Set off early on the trip

[​IMG]

First lap didn't even get to plant boot and the f***ing bonnet flipped up cause I hadn't latched it down properly lol rookie move

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The crew

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

after finding a few bugs during the day, things like p/s failed, wastegate had a boost leak so was free boosting to fuel cut and I eventually rubbed through the loom in the wheel arch

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I got stuck into a few wheelburns

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

end of the day, died on me a few laps out from calling it a day, easy fix and is back up and running again

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

First time out I had a ball! back home and then got stuck into getting it sorted for next time

#2 1N5_N15, Mar 27, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
  3. 1N5_N15

1N5_N15 Member

Have replaced the bonnet with a good one and have some aerocatch bonnet latches to fit.
    Replaced wastegate, replaced the engine mounts and i have been talking to a guy that's super keen to do a set of extended LCA's and modified knuckles for big lock.
    I found the soarer to have quite a shallow lock so if i can get it done hey i may as well.

Got the jobs list pretty small now hoping to get in another day in the next month or two.

The plan is to do another day and then cut the front out of it since it's so mangled and do it in tube from the strut towers forward and give it a pull through/tidy up to start it in the direction of being a drift car not just a beat up hack