1UZ conversion Advice please

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by karl44, Nov 7, 2015.

1. karl44

karl44 New Member

OK so I picked up a complete 1UZ set up cheap. I do have an RX7 FB that I might fit it into if I cant find a FC.
    I do plan on putting on a M112 supercharger once its up and running.
    So my questions are:
    Wring the standard ecu and loom
    Any cost effective standalone ecu systems?
    Manual gearbox conversion set up? BMW box MR2 clutch??

Any input will be great. I am as most planning on doing all work myself and on a budget.

Cheers

2. -sideslide-

-sideslide- "ent it"

Have a look for company called race systems they are on sxoc.com they make standalone ecus with cuxtom looms for about £450

dont bother with a mr2 cutt flywheel just get a custom one made you will just need to know what box and clutch you will be using as they can made pretty much anything to order

I like the z33 gearbox set up

3. karl44

karl44 New Member

Thanks for the info

Where would you suggest getting a flywheel made or should any half decent engineer shop be able to do it if I work out the sizes. Cheers

4. zeppelin101

zeppelin101 Member

Send the flexplate and a clutch cover then the ring gear will have the correct pattern and the right clutch mounting.

Mace Engineering in Nuneaton are quite affordable. There may be others via google.

I'm using a Z32 gearbox on mine. The later Z33 boxes have a far nicer spread of ratios but I couldn't find anything under £1800 for the right box which is twice what I've paid for everything else so far.

The engine is dead basic, so megasquirt will do and if you get an MS3X then it will run sequential fuelling and ignition in the future if you wish.

#4 zeppelin101, Nov 7, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2015