The DESIRE r34 build thread

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by davey, Apr 21, 2013.

1. davey

davey Active Member

here we go again... for those of you that know me or my build, you can pretty much expect more of the same as the other builds, meaning clean and done right :thumbs:

old builds:
    http://www.driftworks.com/forum/drift-cars-sale-private-sales/192598-aristo-single-turbo.html
    http://www.driftworks.com/forum/drift-car-projects-builds/161412-scrap-yard-s13-budget-build.html
    http://www.driftworks.com/forum/drift-car-projects-builds/152176-just-another-s15-project-davey.html

i bought this shell from mr bizzle awhile ago but due to a lack of time, mainly because i was working on the aristo, and a lack of work space, again the aristo, i have'nt been able to touch it until now. i was'nt going to do this thread until it was pretty much done but as things are moving at a good pace i thought i would share now ;)

anyway enough waffle, let get to the bit that everyone wants to get to..... the pics

first things first, get a engine and gearbox to sit in there

[​IMG]

then once the aristo was drivible it was time to take that home and take the skyline to work

[​IMG]

when i got the car it had no bonnet, boot, front bumper, brakes, prop or wheels. i got a boot for mr bizzle to slap on there before collect just to keep the water out :)

someone had sprayed the engine bay with black rattle can (you monster!) so that would have to be done, rip the engine back out and strip the bay down time!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

then comes some elbow grease and paint

[​IMG]

whilst ive been doing that ive also been getting on with the engine, quick strip down

[​IMG]

then this happend

[​IMG]

then this

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i sprayed the camcovers GTR R34 red this saturday when i finished work but no pics yet as i just wanted to get my ass home, 60+hours working on cars will do that to you :wack:

so thats it for one week, next week my aim is to get the camcovers fitted back up, engine fitted, gearbox fitted, loom done maybe spray my new bonnet and boot :)

keep a eye on this, it wont take long!

2. Jamie D

Jamie D // NO DREAMING //

if the standard of your 13 is anything to go by this is going to be a great car

3. davey

davey Active Member

Thanks man. yeah it will be finished to the same standard as the 13 :) still love that car lol

4. davey

davey Active Member

ok so i got the camcovers refitted today

[​IMG]

not happy with the end product so will be repainting them at a later date but for now i just want to get it running :)

i did, manage to get the engine refitted (not fun when your on your own and not wanting to scratch the freshly painted bay lol) fitted the gearbox, fitted up the air con and fitted the power steering up.

the engine loom has been tucked as much as possible as i want a nice clean engine bay.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

thats it for tonight, early one tonight and a night off tomorrow so no updates for a couple of days but things will be back underway soon :)

5. ianlea73

ianlea73 Well-Known Member

Yay Dave's got another car to show us all up!Bastard!:wave:

6. davey

davey Active Member

i dont want to ask what your driving now ian after selling your 13, im sure its pimp ;)

bring it round when you get the chance man :nod:

7. davey

davey Active Member

well after many MANY weeks/months waiting for mr bizzle to sort out sending me the rest of the car i bought, i should have my headlights, gear surround and clocks with me tomorrow :D

today was the last lame day for me this week, but still managed to get the clutch pedal and master fitted up (they were'nt on the car when i bought it) abs unit is fitted back on and brake lines fitted.

tucked loom is all in and my intercooler set up should also be with me tomorrow so its going to be a busy put productive day :)

thought i would have a little play with some of the different lenses i've got for my phone lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. cefiro_drifta

cefiro_drifta Mad pointing Munky

Not bad for a raging homosexual !

Gonna be a beats :D

9. Zuko

Zuko Guest

Can't wait to see more.. Love 34's

10. dale_b

dale_b #DriftFactory

I'm pretty jealous to be honest... R34's are so badass.. Although you need wide ass rear fender:thumbs:
    Im also slightly disappointed to see anything other than a JZ under the bonnet.. But hey, RB26 is a fair choice and easy to get fitted:thumbs:
    Good work dude, I'll be watching this one:thumbs:

11. James14a

James14a Member

This is awesome come finish mine of when you get 5:wave:

12. davey

davey Active Member

im only a homo on weekends! hows the hurst going btw, is it running yet?

there is something about a R34 :) feels kinda wrong though having a R34 and a aristo on the drive though, people are going to think im selling crack :wack:

thanks man, you have no idea how close i was to taking the engine out of the aristo and doing something silly lol. now i know you've been away from datsuns for awhile so i will let the rb26 quote slid this time *cough rb25 with gtr camcovers cough*

im feeling pretty lazy when i see your build thread man, some proper work has gone into that thing, and just to top it off i like the look of it, and i've never liked altezza's ;)

thanks man but you can come finish mine when you get 5 lol yours is a sexy work of art and i soo wanted to get my hands on it when you had a funny 5 mins and put it up for sale :D im bet your glad you stuck at it now arnt you :nod:

13. Rads_s13

Rads_s13 DWYB & DRIFT TAXI

Dam davey, you love building a car don't you lol. if it looks as good at the S13 did when I saw it at japfest I look forward to seeing the end result

14. davey

davey Active Member

i do enjoy building cars, almost as much as i do driving them tbh lol there's just something about taking a car that most people would scrap, break or just not bother with and turn it into something that makes those same peoples jaws drop :)

when i took the s13 to japfest last year, that was the first time i had driven the car since building it and the first time the car had been driven on the road under its own power in over 5 years lol, it was down to the wire and im really trying to do the same with the 34, BUT, i don't think i will make it. it will be close on the time scale but its more the money side of things as theres still bits i need to buy and not enough paydays before japfest. time will tell ;)

little up as the intercooler cam today, i did'nt get it until late in the day so only had after work to play with it. its a toyosport kit for the R34 and tbh not the best fitting kit i've ever bought, but i have lots or pipe work and joiners ect so i've pretty much got it all sorted now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

so fresh and so clean clean :D

[​IMG]

still waiting for the bits from mr bizzle but have been ensured it's all in the post...

15. Dirkd90

Dirkd90 Member

Just Amazing mate! insanely jealous! u have quite the collection of awesome cars!!!

16. cefiro_drifta

cefiro_drifta Mad pointing Munky

Yeah man she running and driving but needs a few tweaks. Will be all running with new mangent and legal at the end Of next month :D

17. ianlea73

ianlea73 Well-Known Member

Thanks Dave I'll hopefully have it on the road in the mid summer time!It's a genuine Kouki S14a.Looked like this when I bought it as a rolling shell but is now stripped to a bare shell for a full resto.
    [​IMG]

18. davey

davey Active Member

looks good man, ive never had a 14, been toying with the idea of a navan but will have to sell something else first lol

small update

nothing really different to look at just finished pluming in all the turbo to intercooler piping and afm piping and brackets.

STILL no headlights another bits from mr bizzle!

[​IMG]

19. nissanr34cal

nissanr34cal Well-Known Member

i cant wait to see this done, the headlights are probably worth more than the shell haha

20. davey

davey Active Member

well he's told me they are on the way so there should'nt be any issuse there!

had a little tidy up in the workshop as it was a shit hole and slapped the bonnet and wings on, not bolted on just out of the way so i could clean shiz

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

if you squint it kinda looks like a r34 :D