Range rover vogue OR range sport?

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by reeperR32, May 2, 2013.

1. reeperR32

reeperR32 Drift-Street-Imports

Anyone got or had any experience with the two?

2005/06 years

Leaning towards the vogue as its bigger and has a nicer interior spec.

What engines are the good ones, reliable etc common problems?

First choice diesel unless petrol doesn't too bad mpg return?

Thanks

2. PeterT

PeterT fuck diffin.

i dont know much about em at all but i did a 3 hour spin in the back middle of a sport, SO SO uncomfortable. horrible hard arm rest shite seats

3. cefiro_drifta

cefiro_drifta Mad pointing Munky

lol petrol mpg on a range !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

best mate has a 06 diesel vogue and its terrible on fuel but pretty comfy and mega spacious. I personally would never own one as could never justify spending that much on a car that does such shit mileage and is no where near as nice as a lexus

4. reeperR32

The other option was an x5 3.0d and I know they have very good engines but heard the ride is a bit hard and rough and tbh I'd rather have an m5 if going that route

I know petrol will be shit but wanted to know how much shitter than a diesel it would be as some 4x4's there's
    Not much in it

5. bubblesjs

bubblesjs I like wheel slips

if you could stretch to it the tdv8 8speed it isn't too bad for what it is, my dad managed to get 30mpg out of it on the motorway in his last one. also, vogue over the sport, all day everyday, much comfier, gives off a better image and is much nicer than the sport inside.
    he has a brand new one now, and they're amazing. the old models just don't compare.

6. Boss

Boss Member

buy a toyota,

i know it doesnt have the " image " associated with a RR, but they are riddled with issues, unfortunately typically british, shit on tyres, brakes, bushes and ball joints, air ride issues, leaks, electrical gremlins

a proper bastard to work on, you want to change a turbo on a TDV8? you'll be taking the body off the chassis

7. docwra

docwra Active Member

Got a 4.6 V8 P38, fuel is incredibly bad, literally twice as bad as my 350Z so you have to go diesel or LPG ........ but a Toyota doesnt compare, its fucking awesome :D

8. cefiro_drifta

My sisters x5 4.4 will Do near 30 on a run and averages about 22 around Surrey

Thought a out a v10 diesel toureag or porsche cayenne sport ?

9. Wackojacko.

Wackojacko. Member

As with anything like that they're fucking expensive to run and repair.

Air suspension is a fortune, service can be nye on £450.

However if keeping for a while you'll be better of going for a V8 Vogue.

The extra money the petrol will cost you to fuel you would be saving by not buying a diesel and it shitting the turbo or one of many fuel components.

V8 X5 would be my advice, not as flashy but cheaper than a Rangey and plenty of cash left for other things. As said above MPG isn't too horrendous if driven sensibly.

Or even cheaper-ish ML430 / 500 /55amg

10. Doz_SR20

Doz_SR20 Member

11. Trickysadd

Trickysadd Member

I've had two from new . A 2005 Diesel HSE and a 2007 petrol Vogue ( 2006 model)

The vogue was by far the best and petrol every time. The 3.0 bmw diesel is shit in a RR . There is a lot of difference between HSE and Vogue spec so don't be fooled into buying a "cheap" hse.

I love them , but I was losing 1k a month in depreciation on the Petrol one.

You cant beat them for comfort and spec, but buy carefully as a lot have dropped into the hands of back street car dealers and pikeys and run into the ground.
    Sold it now, and bought an XC90 , which fell apart after 3 years and now I'm waiting for a new X3 m sport to arrive, and wont be getting another RR as the new model starts at 73 k and most are specced over 90k according to my dealer. MAD !

Wouldnt bother with an 05 plate sport. They are not the same as a proper Range Rover. And the evogue is an overpriced freelander with a roof chop and funky interior which will fall apart and go wrong.....

So my choice would be a face lifted 07 0r 08 Vogue petrol. Oh and avoid pre 54 plate cars as they were a lot different from the late 04/05 model facelift.

Early X5's are even worse. Need deep pockets to run both properly, but thats why they are cheap I suppose.

Hope that helps

12. jambo1

jambo1 Member

vouge any day

13. reeperR32

good info thanks guys

14. oldroydsr4

oldroydsr4 Member

I work for JLR as part of the RR development team so get to run around In all the 2013/14 models.Personally , I wouldn't bother with anything petrol unless you can afford to run the 5.0 supercharged sport, these are absolutely brilliant (I dont have to pay for the fuel though which will be about 18 -22 mpg on a run).

Also I prefer the sports to the Vogues, the interior isnt quite as luxurious but this is down to the price difference/ market placement, the chassis is alot tighter and less boat like making it a more pleasant drive.

I had a 2012 HSE sport (TDV6) for an extended period last year and you can quite easily average 30mpg, imo there is no better way for covering large distances in comfort.

#14 oldroydsr4, May 4, 2013
    Last edited: May 4, 2013
  15. -sideslide-

-sideslide- "ent it"

The vogue or proper range rover every day it is a big bus but the RRS I find is cramped my leg seems press on the door car which is a bit of a piss take on such a big car. The tdv8 3.6 RR great off road, towing, living with

The audi Q7 was a good car the V12 TDI is a bit of beast the 3.0 tdi would be the best bet in the Q7 range.

Wouldn't bother with the X5 might as well just get a 5 series but have never owned one just going by what friends have said.

16. reeperR32

I agree about the x5, I'd go buy an e60 m5 if I was going down that route I think now.. The rr is still leading the way now but the tdv6 and tdv8 are the two to chose from I think..

*****On a slightly different one but I'm also looking at a Nissan pathfinder 2.5dci aswell for towing and general lugging stuff about.

Anyone know about these, did they suffer from problems like navara did with weak heads, do they have enough grunt to tow with comfortably?

17. JZXFTW1

JZXFTW1 Member

Why don't you be sensible and get your Mrs something nice like a Nissan Qashqai +2 Tekna has leather / pan roof / sat nav instead of a ropey old RR, and I have one in stock :D

[​IMG]

Early Sports are chav bro, new shape FFRR or go home I say :D

18. reeperR32

She doesn't like those qashqai's.. Plus there ugly as fuk man lol

19. cefiro_drifta

Isn't it the Eatly Nissan D22's that suffer form head issues and no the later model/pathfinder's

20. Boss

Boss Member

early D22's with the YD25 suffered from big end issues, they resolved this in the D40's, but unfortunately made a cock up with the timing chains, went from a duplex to a single chain from the crank to the pump, there is a kit available to retro fit the duplex chain to the Dci engine, ive only ever seen a few with snapped chains, it should throw the EML on prior to breakage as you'll get a slight out of phase issue between crank and cams due to the chain stretching,

other than that, pretty good buses