2010 F1 Championship Predictions

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by Sk3rry, Oct 10, 2010.

?

2010 F1 Championship Predictions

1. Button

2.2%
  2. Hamilton

15.6%
  3. Vettle

11.1%
  4. Webber

60.0%
  5. Alonso

11.1%
  1. Sk3rry

Sk3rry Member

Who do you think has the best chance in the last 3 races ?

2. aundre-3000

aundre-3000 Member

tbh i don't mind who wins as long it aint Alonso as far as im concerned he's a right wanker

edit: but i think webber will win the championship

3. Sk3rry

Sk3rry Member

OHHH i must agree alonso is a prick:thumbs:

Lewis ftw :D

4. Slick_kay

Slick_kay Member

Any but Alonso..
    Right dick

5. Captain Muppet

Captain Muppet Pro-tard

I predict they will all win, as they are paid millions to drive for a couple of hours every other sunday.

I'm not sure I understand the hatred towards Alonso - is it because he used to have a mono-brow? Or that cheating Renault incident?

6. mazdachris

I think it's because he's not British and didn't get along so well in McLaren. Lots of new fans to F1 love Hamilton so to them, Alonso is basically Dick Dastardly.

But my money has been on Alonso (literally) since the big dip in the middle of the season. For me, he's the most complete driver on the grid at the moment. Relentlessly quick, never seems to crack under pressure, drives beyond the realistic performance envelope of the car, loves to fight and overtake...

People don't like him because he's not some PR guy, all smiling for the cameras and givign interviews. But he's there to win and has a single minded determination, the like of which tends to define multiple world champions. Show me a multiple world champion who wasn't a jerk?

7. tross

tross Member

Mika Hakkinen

8. mazdachris

Hakkinen is probably one of the nicest guys on camera to win multiple championships, but I seem to recall he certainly made it clear that he was number 1 over Coulthard. And on track he was as ruthless as anyone else.

9. mati

mati Member

Jackie Stewart.

10. iamben

iamben Active Member

I want Seb to win it, cos then i'll win alot of money.

However i think Webber has it now.

11. scottyj

scottyj Active Member

I think webber may have it, but obv I would like a brit to get.

For me the reason I don't like alonso, is because he moans about everything, and throws all his toy's out the pram. Then sulks.

I get what your saying about him not being a pr guy etc though.

12. Captain Muppet

Captain Muppet Pro-tard

...is annoying.

13. mazdachris

I love Jackie Stewart, but he's absolutely as arrogant as they come. I never saw him racing, sadly, but I dare say this is not a trait he's developed in his old age.

Fact is, racing drivers at the top level are constantly looking for any advantage they can possibly get. Sometimes this means forcefully asserting yourself over your teammate, and it certainly involves having an absolute belief in your superior ability to drive a car.

I don't get where this notion has come from that Alonso sulks or throws his toys out of his pram. Again, I reckon it's to do with his ill-fated stint at McLaren, where he clearly felt that he was going to have a rookie teammate and was quite put out to find that Hamilton was a lot closer to him in terms of performance than he expected. But bear in mind that we see just one side of the story, because the British media often favour the British driver. Alonso's English is also not particularly good, so often his responses to questions are quite curt and to the point.

But honestly, I couldn't give a crap about any of that. If I want to see people judged by their personalities and media-savviness, then I'll turn on X-Factor. I watch F1 to see the absolute pinnacle of motorsport - cars with mind-blowing technical complexity being raced by men who have honed their craft through years of practice, racing head to head to see which one of them is the absolute fastest. I like Alonso because I remember the drives he was putting in when he won his two championships, and also those he put in at the tail end of 2008 in a Renault which was far from the class of the field (something sadly overshadowed by an ill-judged decision by the team to allow Piquet to deliberately crash). I remember seeing the relentless perfection he displayed, and the aggressive, forceful moves he put on all his rivals. That's what made him a champion, not standing in front of a camera trying to endear himself to the world. He's there to win, and he has the skills and the mental capacity to deliver.

14. cookwibble

cookwibble Active Member

:D

Vettel will win, i hope, had a bet season start.

15. docwra

docwra Active Member

Comedy misquoting FTW. :D

Vettel needs to calm down a bit, same as Hamilton. Button doesnt have the killer instinct for me, Webber has the fastest car and the experience but Alonso is probaly the best all round driver.

So Webber to win this year then Hamilton, Vettel and Alonso will fight it out for the next 5 or so years, mark my words. :nod:

16. mati

mati Member

I agree :nod: Button is too much of a nice guy to win another WDC. Vettel and Hamilton are too reckless, the differance being that Hamilton is a better driver. Vettel seems to have trouble winning, unless he starts from pole. Alonso is a great driver, but he keeps on getting involved in weird "scandals", the spygate at Mclaren, the crashgate at Renault, and now the "team order gate" at Ferrari. Each time he's not directly involved, but he's there.

Personaly I'd like for Kubica to get a good car next season, so he can show his potential.

17. cookwibble

cookwibble Active Member

new prediction.

ferrari docked points for race fixing, hamilton and button kill eachother in a massive handbag fight, webber gets arrested for drink driving and disqualified, rosberg and vettel get banned for holding a midnight holocaust denial rally (schumacher arrived late as he was driving and got away with it) kobayashi committs ritual suicide and the win is handed to senna because at least he tried

18. Harlen

Harlen Sum Yung Gai

My money's on Webber. He just needs to be consistent now, if he fucks up 1 to many times that's it. There are still many points up for grabs.

Like others said, Alonso is definitely one of the best drivers out there today, but I don't think the Ferrari is up to par with the Red Bull's and McLaren's tbh. The 'Rarri is holding him back this season.

I don't really want to see Hamilton or Button win this season. I'm from Milton Keynes where Red Bull is based so I have always rooted for them since I got into the sport more in '07. It's great seeing them so competitive, and they really do deserve a championship win. Vettel has a little way to go in terms of driving, so for this season I'm hoping that Webber clinches it. He deserves it in my opinion.

Never really been a big fan of Button anyway, he seems like a top bloke but can get out his pram a little bit when things don't exactly go his way. He blames everything else rather than taking responsibility for a mistake.

Hamilton has his entire career ahead of him. He's going to clinch the title once or maybe even multiple times more.

19. RacerBoy93

RacerBoy93 **Warning: Noob**

Ayrton Senna was a nice guy and won 3 times...

20. Joe-sef

Joe-sef -Broseph-

im holding onto button..