1996 Subaru Legacy GT Twin Turbo Import - A blinding family wagon!

Thread in 'Misc for sale' started by CardHore, May 22, 2013.

1. CardHore

CardHore Member

For Sale

1996 Subaru Legacy GT Twin Turbo Import with Winter Pack
    Silver
    2.0l Petrol Twin Turbo Boxer Engine
    50K uk miles (spedo and odometer reads KM and 80,500km)
    Automatic 4 speed with OverDrive
    260bhp Standard
    Will come with fresh 1 year MoT and 6 Months Tax

4WD
    A/C
    Power: Windows, Mirrors, Engine, Wipers & Steering
    4 wheel ABS

Intro:
    Purchased in winter of 2012 as a panic buy to keep only for the winter period which turned into the everyday performance family car. Incredibly practical physically as there is so much leg room in the rear seats and in the boot. Its such a comfort to drive with the silky smooth auto box and light steering. Best of all during worst of the snow this car wouldnt bat an eye lid. Equipped with everything you need for surviving a full on blizzard this car got us to see all the family we needed over christmas and the following weeks where other cars or some 4x4's would struggle.

This car was purchased from a nice chap in London who carried out all the service work himself which included brakes, oils, filters and the timing chain. Since the day I bought it ive had great confidence in it and in all the miles its covered in all weathers and terrain it not once let me down.

Winter pack?

So you find yourself getting into you car with over 1ft of snow surrounding you and covering the car... No worries.

In the cabin you will find switches that operate wizardry that will rid of this icy nuisance...

The wing mirrors are not only electronically operated but also are heated to melt any ice or rid of that misty drama.

The washer bottle features a heating element which after a few moments of flicking the switch to heat it... The washer jets soon become unblocked of any ice and fire hot steamy goodness (oh er) onto your windscreen thus melting the ice that has sheeted your windscreen.

Last but not least theres a wicked little switch which operates 'diff-lock'... This tells the front and rear diffs to lock in their current position so all 4 wheels are turning at once thus reducing that 'one tyre fire' effect in the snow... All 4 wheels gripping means that the snow mayas well not even bothered landing in your path in the first place. This also enables gear changes earlier to prevent over revving up icey hills. This mode can also be used during normal driving conditions as a way to save on fuel as you cruise at normal pace.

Engine:

2.0ltr Petrol engine as featured in the Imprezas... Complimenting the engine is a factory twin turbo setup which boasts reliability and performance. Supporting mods such as a performance cone filter and a larg bore single exit stainless cat back produce by the famous Kakimoto Racing company. This exhaust provides you with the amplified yet not asbo loud sound of he classic flat 4 engine burble passing through the stock un-equal length manifolds. The engine has been serviced well and recently with fresh oil and filter to prolong the life and performance of the engine. Recently fitted were 2 replacement coils and a knock sensor as the car was lacking performance slightly. This was quickly rectified with this simple fix and performs great. Rest assured there are no issues with this engine.

The turbos are in fantastic condition. On the coldest day you will not find one puff of blue smoke on start up. They spool well and operate when and as they should in the lower and higher RPMS.

Walk round video:
    MOV_0936_zpsfc9ab924.mp4 Video by CardHore | Photobucket

Start up and noise appreciation:
    MOV_0939_zps0178a482.mp4 Video by CardHore | Photobucket

Up the hill:
    MOV_0942_zps63dea734.mp4 Video by CardHore | Photobucket

Down the hill:
    MOV_0941_zps617f2b4d.mp4 Video by CardHore | Photobucket

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. CardHore

CardHore Member

Chassis:

Stock suspension is kept all round, these provide outstanding ride quality and balance. Even with their current age they havent shown signs of wear, all bump and general cornering travel is smooth and tight... Showing no signs of knocking of dampening loss. Driving in general in all terrains is one of the most comfortable ive driven

The brakes have been well maintained, all discs and pads were recently replaced and still perform outstandingly. You will find there is no binding and the car rolls freely. The handbrake biting point is low and bites hard. The brake calipers have been painted red some time ago to tidy the looks but have naturally shown signs of ageing and are looking a little dull in places.

Sitting over the brakes are near new 4 x matching 215/45/17 Michelin Premacy HP tyres which todays modern vehicle manufacturers fit as standard to most cars. These have around 6-7mm tread remaining and are all even, these were fitted during the winter of last year and performed brilliantly in snow, rain etc. These tyres are wrapped around a full set of very rare O.Z Racing 3 Spoke Fitti Paldi 17" wheels. These are 6.5J all round in width and of a 5x100 stud fitment. All original center rings and caps are present.

Drive train:

This car features full time 4WD running gear operated through the auto box. All mechanics that operate the system are silky smooth even at higher speeds. You will find there is no driveshaft wobble from could be worn bearings which would shake your car to pieces.

The gearbox again as said is automatic with 4 speed and an overdrive for cruising. Its fairly responsive, even more so with the 'kick down switch' located at your tippy toes, combined with the 'POWER' mode being switched on, you will find yourself hitting the 112MPH regulated speed limiter before you know it.

Interior:

My fave
    Being my first Subaru, the build quality is outstanding and for its age with a dust down its in incredibly good condition. All interior parts are intact and working well as they should.

The seats show no holes, tears, sagging or general wear. They're incredibly comfortable and adjust well. The dash shows no marks or any lifting in places. During driving there are no squeeks or rattles.

The heating controls feature a very good working automatic climate control system with working A/C. All adjustments are done electronically with the digital display showing position of where the air is coming through, air heat and fan power level. This display will also show outside temperature with the press of a button. One button in particular shows wear as pictured.

You will find a fully working retractable cup holder beneath the heater controls which is very handy. Beneath this a double din DVD headunit which was working well until it developed an intermittent connection issue. As it stands it currently wont switch on and my backstreet boys CD has remained within it ever since... Im deeply hurt by this and miss this original quality CD (!) A working cigerette lighter socket and lighter (not pictured but its there) present. The arm rest as pictured has enough room to store a TV so no issues on where to conveniently hide your stash.

Your hands will be pleasantly gifted with the feel of the original NARDI Subaru steering wheel... Worth a small fortune especially in its condition... Id have kept it and put it in my MR2 or something but, its got SUBARU stamped on it thus deeming it illegal (in my eyes) to fit... So its kept in this car. Other interior mods include a presentable set of RAZO pedals giving your feet some entertainment while on the go. These are quality aftermarket parts and again are not cheap when new.

Interior lights (oh god I cant believe im doing this) are featured to the rear, center and front... Courtesy lights are also featured inside of the front, rear and boot hatch doors so you have right of passage past that squirrel you were about to step on should there had been none there.

All the original SUBARU 5 Pieces of the mat set are present also.

The boot as you'd expect has a large amount of space, a spare wheel is present along with a box of ping pong balls (the car came imported with these, gotta keep it in the family so these were kept in the car) and some other breakdown bits... First aid kit!... Vauxhall spec?

The retractable parcel shelf is present and working well... A 12v socket is also found... Super handy for your mobile beer fridge.

Fully working central locking operation is activated by the key in the barrel. All 4 doors and tail gate lock and unlock with the satisfying 'clunk' sound.

All 4 windows work by each switch on each door... The driver has convenient operation of all 4 windows and window lock. All these windows drop down smoothly and quickly in both directions, thus showing no indication of wear to the mechanics within the doors.

To summarise... Everything works, all lights, dash cluster blah blah blah...

Bodywork:

From what I can tell its all original.... Presented in a nice clean and bright silver. The bodywork shows no signs of age related wear such as rust.. If you find rust on this car then my eyes need a good check. Its an import so exterior wise and underneath you will struggle to find any rust. All panels are straight and I could only find one very very light dent on one door which I couldnt even get a picture of.

Its not had the most perfect 18 years of driving. It has suffered from gaining a few chips and minor scuffs which have been touched up poorly by the previous owner. They just need a mop going over to eliminate any excess paint that has surrounded the affected areas. These have been pictured and again they are minor... I didnt see any point in rectifying these due to time and the fact that I used this car for what it was... It wasnt bought with intent to show it off at car shows. The worst is the corner of the rear bumper. The paint has been taken off from what looks like a small impact with a wall/dog of some sort. Nothing a touch up wont take your eye off.

Summary...

I'e been as honest as I can with this car and gone into great detail (my eyes are gonna drop out) to ensure the buyer knows what he is getting. I CAN tell you that this car always has and always will start as soon as you turn the key and will be mechanically sound for years to come. The reason im selling is purely because I have too many cars and I need to free up some cash... Once he snow comes again next winter then ill sure as hell probably get in contact with the buyer and beg for this car back and offer my soul for it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. CardHore

CardHore Member

... For this reason I am going to chase a fair £1500 for this car which to be fair isnt alot considering you are getting so much for your money.

Any test pilots and tyre kickers welcome

James

cardhore@btinternet.com

4. Edinburger

Edinburger Member

nice BG5

what are the bad points ?

5. Edinburger

Edinburger Member

and where are you based ?

6. CardHore

CardHore Member

Hi mate... I've stated the bad points... Only other thing I just thought of is if the car is sat for a while the rocker cover gaskets weep slightly... (Like most cars and more commonly on all scoobs). Apart from some minor bodywork blemishes and flat paint on the spoiler there's really nothing wrong with this car. It's a shame I gotta let it go but needs must :(

Shout me a call or text for a quicker response pal :)

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and I'm based in dartford, kent

7. CardHore

CardHore Member

Ending soon on eBay! Search legacy gt twin turbo!

8. Martin120

Martin120 New Member

Hi my friend, love the car, do you still have it or have it for sale?

Martin